Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• My money is going on a reverse forecast in the 3:15 York.

Can see the race being between Jack Hobbs and Elm Park.
  • edited May 2015
    Been on danny Brock again this week.
    He had one ride way up at Beverley on Tuesday which won at 6/1 (got 7s), he had one ride yesterday at bath which won at 9/2 (got 12s). Both for Jane Chappell hyam.
    Today he has one ride (cat royale) at Newmarket, again for Chappell hyam. Was 25/1 last night, got on it at 16s this morning, now it's 4/1 2nd fav.
    Now I've opened my mouth, watch it disappoint.
  • Been on danny Brock again this week.
    He had one ride way up at Beverley on Tuesday which won at 6/1 (got 7s), he had one ride yesterday at bath which won at 9/2 (got 12s). Both for Jane Chappell hyam.
    Today he has one ride (cat royale) at Newmarket, again for Chappell hyam. Was 25/1 last night, got on it at 16s this morning, now it's 4/1 2nd fav.
    Now I've opened my mouth, watch it disappoint.

Beaten by a nose. Had it ew though so mustn't grumble.
  • Fingers crossed for you killer and hope he gets to race and manages to pull it together.

Unlucky that PBS whenever I say something they run stinkers.

Had a tidy accumulator riding on jack Hobbs but wasn't to be, my barren run continues
  • I'm going to open myself up yet again on my jockey performances and to make matters worse its Richard Johnson again at Perth today,I know the last two efforts have been piss poor!
    3.35 Seeyouallincoppers
    4.40 Sand Artist
    5.10 Russian Regent
    5.45 Western Home
    He isn't one of my favourite jockeys but should at least have a double today and can be bought on the spreads at 42

I think you need to give up with Johnson!!!
  • smiffyboy said:

Fingers crossed for you killer and hope he gets to race and manages to pull it together.

Unlucky that PBS whenever I say something they run stinkers.

Had a tidy accumulator riding on jack Hobbs but wasn't to be, my barren run continues

Had golden horn in the Dante and angel vision at Newmarket in a trixie. The other let me down but still a tidy profit.
  • I'm sure you will all be pleased I'm back with another jockey to back and even extra pleased it's not Richard Johnson! (Mike)
    It is Sean Bowen at Aintree tonight and he can be bought on the spreads at 38
    5.25 The Road Ahead
    6.35 Curious Carlos
    7.05 Tanerko Emery
    8.10 Henllan Harri
  • Did your horse get in killer
  • I'm sure you will all be pleased I'm back with another jockey to back and even extra pleased it's not Richard Johnson! (Mike)
    It is Sean Bowen at Aintree tonight and he can be bought on the spreads at 38
    5.25 The Road Ahead
    6.35 Curious Carlos
    7.05 Tanerko Emery
    8.10 Henllan Harri

You'll be pleased to know that Richard Johnson won the first race at Aintree.
  • De Sousa loves Chelmsford always one to be on
  • Sponsored links:

• Did I hear correct that Johnson/De Sousa combo had a 4 timer at York today?
  • Cheers for that Valleygary and he beat Sean Bowen into second!!! Smiffyboy yes my horse has got in tomorrow Uttoxeter 5.30 Bien Faire,as you will see from his form its very poor and he just doesn't show anything on the racecourse! He is bred to be a 3mile chaser on good ground .Tomorrow he is running on good ground,an extra half mile in distance and going left handed all things he hasn't experienced so far so really hoping there are signs of improvement tomorrow??????????????????
  • Ha sorry mate.

Good luck tomorrow with your horse. Hope he gives you a good run.
  • Thanks VG,trainer has just said they are trying blinkers and a tongue tie tomorrow
  • Good luck killer, the hood sounds a good idea to help him settle in his race and not get distracted by what's going on around.

VG yes Johnson and De Sousa absoloutly smashed York today
  • Cheers Smiffy and on my way to Uttoxeter now
  • 4 out of 4 for Ryan Moore at Newbury
  • Cheers for that Valleygary and he beat Sean Bowen into second!!! Smiffyboy yes my horse has got in tomorrow Uttoxeter 5.30 Bien Faire,as you will see from his form its very poor and he just doesn't show anything on the racecourse! He is bred to be a 3mile chaser on good ground .Tomorrow he is running on good ground,an extra half mile in distance and going left handed all things he hasn't experienced so far so really hoping there are signs of improvement tomorrow??????????????????

Just seen it pulled up, and worryingly on the racing post app says injured.
    Hope not serious.
  • edited May 2015
    Fingers crossed killer, as PBS is saying just looked on racing post to see how he got on and it's saying injured and hope nothing serious
  • Thanks for your well wishes Smiffy and PBS but it's not good news I'm afraid and am gutted! Just got home from Uttoxeter and Rachael the jockey said its the best the horse had felt until it jumped steeply down the back straight and then started to struggle which has resulted in a serious leg injury.The vet is coming to the stables Thursday and his racing career looks over and it could be even worse?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Really sorry to hear the news killer. Feel for you mate, I've been there myself. Heartbreaking.
  • Sorry to hear that mate I'm gutted for you made even worse if he was starting to turn a corner I bet.
  • Thanks guys just feel so gutted and no fresh news yet
  • Any idea what his injury could be?
  • Gutted for you Killer Kish, it was jumping really well, but come under pressure really quickly, and it seems the injury explains why.
  • Yes Rachael said he was going well and really excited but then he just went to nothing in strides after the hurdle and then never picked up after some reminders.Smiffy the vet on course said its a serious tendon injury he was heavily strapped and given injections,the screens were around him for a good 15 mins which was sickening to see especially when you are so far away and haven't a clue what's going on.And just a few minutes before that when they had covered a good mile and going past the stands I was so excited as at last he was showing something and moving well and then bang!
  • A young jockey to look out for is Mr H Cobden and after speaking with Anthony Honeyball they really expect this kid to go places and he has a ride for Honeyball today Market Rasen 3.40 Man Of Leisure,I know nothing of the horses chances today but only to watch out for this jockey.There is a certain top trainer who I'd best not mention trying to attract him away from Honeyball's yard.
  • Yes Rachael said he was going well and really excited but then he just went to nothing in strides after the hurdle and then never picked up after some reminders.Smiffy the vet on course said its a serious tendon injury he was heavily strapped and given injections,the screens were around him for a good 15 mins which was sickening to see especially when you are so far away and haven't a clue what's going on.And just a few minutes before that when they had covered a good mile and going past the stands I was so excited as at last he was showing something and moving well and then bang!

Can't believe our luck !
  • Is that Lucky Alf luck!!!
  • Exactly. We Should have known it would end in disaster !