Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Cabbles I have a collection of jockeys I follow at certain courses or under certain conditions and Paul Townend is one of them and hopefully not a bad start with Clancys Cross finishing second.I bought Townsend on the spreads today myself

Good stuff, fingers crossed
  • Nice one Killer!
  • smiffyboy said:

Derby favourite John F Kennedy makes his season debut today at leopardstown

Ran an absolute stinker
  • Smithyboy your horse looks the part,good luck with his first run and everyone afterwards.My horse is due to run again within the next couple weeks
  • Excitement ended there with Golden Milan!!!
  • Excitement ended there with Golden Milan!!!

Tips are always welcome - you never know what can happen
  • I know it's no consolation to anyone who didn't do him on the spreads but he did make a 10pt profit on them today
  • I know it's no consolation to anyone who didn't do him on the spreads but he did make a 10pt profit on them today

Killer forgive my ignorance but how/what are the spreads on horse racing. Only just started betting on it recently, so not clued up on spreads for horse racing like NBA or footie say....
  • Cabbles you can bet on jockey performances on the spreads and they award points as follows
    Winner 25pts
    Second 10pts
    Third 5pts
    Them points never change no matter how many horses are in the race
    So yesterday you could buy P.Townsend at 25 and as he had a winner and a second his total was 35pts so you win 10 times whatever your stake was,so if you say had bought for £10 you would of won 10x£10=£100 but if he had got no winners or places he would of ended up with 0pts which means you would of lost 25 times your stake and that's where you have to understand and be ready for because then it would of been 25x£10= a loss of £250!!!
  • 5:00 Kelso Amethyst Rose
  • Sponsored links:

• Just remembered why I stopped using corals and went to bet 365, have taken corals offer on the golf and winning I placed this £10 treble with them on the horses today which has came in, all at longer odds when placed, they have paid me £386 at the shorter odds instead of £584 which is with best price gaurentee so I've called them up to tell them to change it and are now arguing about it, absolute arseholes if it was £20 I wouldn't bother but £200 is different
  • smiffyboy said:

Just remembered why I stopped using corals and went to bet 365, have taken corals offer on the golf and winning I placed this £10 treble with them on the horses today which has came in, all at longer odds when placed, they have paid me £386 at the shorter odds instead of £584 which is with best price gaurentee so I've called them up to tell them to change it and are now arguing about it, absolute arseholes if it was £20 I wouldn't bother but £200 is different

Yes - bet365 are the best!
  • smiffyboy said:

Just remembered why I stopped using corals and went to bet 365, have taken corals offer on the golf and winning I placed this £10 treble with them on the horses today which has came in, all at longer odds when placed, they have paid me £386 at the shorter odds instead of £584 which is with best price gaurentee so I've called them up to tell them to change it and are now arguing about it, absolute arseholes if it was £20 I wouldn't bother but £200 is different

I have a case involving Coral with IBAS that dates back to last year. And they still haven't responded to the questions both I and IBAS have asked.
  • smiffyboy said:

Is Coral a BOG bookie??
  • Haha it's my fuck up they've settled the treble correctly that one I'm still waiting on one more horse after giving it to them the fella told me how I was wrong felt a right twat lol
  • Look #dickhead hahaha and it lost
  • smiffyboy said:

Is Coral a BOG bookie??
    Yes they are mate

• Bet365 refusing to pay this out due to a 'system error'.

They've got previous for this sort of thing and its why i refuse to bet with them.
  • 3:20 Southwell Spitfire
    4:40 Exeter Indiana Bay
    5:50 Carlisle Return Flight
  • Sponsored links:

• 3:20 Southwell Spitfire

I've just put a £2 treble on this - returns £40 odd but majority of my money going on the footie tonight. Going to see if I can still win on it.....it's been ages
  • I think all of them are robbing b's don't mind taking yr money but find any reason to get out of paying to be truthful think I've had arguments with all of them
  • cabbles said:

3:20 Southwell Spitfire

I've just put a £2 treble on this - returns £40 odd but majority of my money going on the footie tonight. Going to see if I can still win on it.....it's been ages
    Blinding Lights 50/1 :blush:
  • edited April 2015
    Tomorrow looks an exciting days racing some big horses from the big boys out running, inparticular

3:30 Newmarket FAYDHAN

I've jumped on him early for the 2,000 Guineas as I feel after tomorrow his price will tumble

Currently 4/1 second favourite
  • Although a lot of them will be out to get the fitness levels up and will be looking to back them in there next runs
  • 4.40 Newmarket Golden Horn
  • smiffyboy said:

Tomorrow looks an exciting days racing some big horses from the big boys out running, inparticular

3:30 Newmarket FAYDHAN

I've jumped on him early for the 2,000 Guineas as I feel after tomorrow his price will tumble

Currently 4/1 second favourite

2/5 on now smiffy. That's why you're the pro and I'm a degenerate :wink:
  • Think smiffyboy is on about the 2000 guineas. (5/1 with Ladbroke and skybet)
  • Think smiffyboy is on about the 2000 guineas. (5/1 with Ladbroke and skybet)

:blush:
  • Yes was on about the guineas watch the price come down after today's run