Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy delort (This saga is all over - or is it???)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    Andy who? Does he have any vids on YouTube? Maybe we should look to sign him in the summer?

• Options
    Certainly for me, one of the very strangest/rabid transfer pursuits ever for club and fans, and definitely feeling like we "dodged the bullet" in the end! How much did Wigan fork out for him again? ...and wasn't he "discovered" by Eric Cantona? Would be interesting to hear his side of the past year one day, but not via TWITter.
  • Options
    He chose another club ahead of us, they were relegated, and if he's scoring shed-loads of goals, it's somewhere off the radar. After Polish Pete and Tucadean, why do we want another player who has failed to adapt to the championship. Are there no other strikers?
  • Options
    We have had 58 pages on AD and most of the posts are of the jokey variety.
    There really is no room for anything else now.
    He failed to make it for Wigan. It could've been us.
    It was fun while it lasted,
    But please shed not a tear drop( you just can't help yourself Sam, can you)

RIP Andy Delort Thread.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Addicted said:

There are better options out there for £2-3m. If we're spending lets spend on someone who hasn't been a failure in our division in the last 12 months.

That Ciftci guy from Dundee for example.

Good shout re: Ciftci but I think the whole reason we'd be back in for Delort would be because he's no longer worth the £2-3m price tag banded around last summer.

Wigan will want to get back as much of the money as they can but at the same time, they obviously want him off their books.

Maybe a deal can be made at a sensible price.
    The classic "he may be shit but at least he's cheap"!

If he tears up L1 for half a season then we should re-evaluate, but so far I've only seen him score in grainy old youtube clips.
    Go back to those old youtube clips & watch the goalkeepers involved, made thuram look world class. Said so at the time & after his outstanding impact for wigan lets hope he stays in France.
  • Options
    It has to be said, the owner of Tours has played a blunder with Delort.

Sell him for a fee that (if rumours are to be believed) that saves the club from extinction.

He disappears for a few months, before returning to do a job for you, without you having to pay a penny. A perfect result!

Mind you, RD played a blinder, too!
  • Options
    David Sharpe says all of the players Wigan Athletic loaned out last term will be back at the DW Stadium this summer with a clean slate and a point to prove.
  • Options
    Every time I see this thread pop up on the first page I die a little inside!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ilovelucy said:

David Sharpe says all of the players Wigan Athletic loaned out last term will be back at the DW Stadium this summer with a clean slate and a point to prove.

Think that might be more for the youngsters, can't see Delort sticking around in league 1 and I am sure Wigan would be happy to get him off the wage bill
  • Options
    Any news?
  • Options
    Deal should be done by the weekend.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I believe he moved to SM Caen at the start of this month
  • Options
    I don't know what has happened, I skipped straight to side 58, avoiding 1750 new messages. Has he smiled in that time or looked happy?
  • Options
    edited July 2015

I believe he moved to SM Caen at the start of this month

Really ? That's a pretty good move for him if so - his old man's obviously been active on the Twitter !
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Stop it.

Stop it now.
  • Options
    This is part of a Charlton summer now, and sadly, he simply has'nt featured as much as I'd hoped this year. Could some kind soul post a YouTube highlight of him again (but NOT the bit when Wigan paraded him as a new signing, as most Charlton fans would find it distressing) just to relive happy times when he was everything we aspired to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's at Sparrows Lane this morning, I'm hearing its a done deal, nailed on! FACT!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Brilliant signing , well done Roland and KM , things are looking up!

• Options
    To be fair to him, he looked mustard. And scored as many goals (if not more? I forgot) as Diafra Sakho who's been a success in the Premier League.

That said, I wouldn't want us spending any money on him now. Could be worth a free transfer punt if he becomes available. One team's Delort is another's Kermorgant.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

He's at Sparrows Lane this morning, I'm hearing its a done deal, nailed on! FACT!

I don't doubt your knowledge. But wibcbc (when it's been confirmed by Colin) I'll believe it.
  • Options
    He still looks like a knob
  • Options
    An ominous silence on this thread in the last 5 months...
  • Options

An ominous silence on this thread in the last 5 months...

Shhh... you'll ruin the surprise of Sam Baldock and Andy Delort signing on the 1st Feb.
  • Options
    Cmon we can get this thread to sixty pages
  • Options

Cmon we can get this thread to sixty pages

how?
  • Options
    I dunno, maybe we could chance it to a tribute page, not since the days of Mullins and Gray have we had such an ongoing saga