Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy delort (This saga is all over - or is it???)

Comments

• If it is a done deal then nothing will be finalised until he comes out of the game tonight unscathed (if the talk of him playing his last game tonight is correct)

Assuming that he doesn't get injured then announcement Monday for debut Tuesday.
  • Today's the Day I can feel it.

In my head he's already came on a sub and started 1 of our 4 games this season, no goals yet though
  • I can't remember players being so vocal on social media before a deal has been announced, makes me think his twitter account or whatever is a Millwall fan on a wind up mission?

It'll be his agent.

I'm sure that in most cases agents actually run players' Twitter accounts. Joey Barton would be an exception. Perhaps he should rethink that..
    Definitely not true they all chat with each other, upload pictures of them with their wives on holiday etc. Would be very weird if it was their agent doing it.
  • The only thing that I am sure of is that Delort has agreed personal terms with us. If that becomes a transfer deal, I am trusting Roland/Bob who at the moment are making me a very happy man.
  • After the start we've had I get a feeling RD will not have a problem digging a bit deeper into his pockets, especially with the money SL have made over the summer from player transfers.

He can smell the premiership im telling ya!

Wrong thread mate... You want the farting one
    Or the Frank Maloney thread
  • edited August 2014
    Regarding Twitter and who runs it, I don't have any hard evidence concerning footballers, and if others are convinced that most footballers run their own, then fair enough, I'm probably wrong.

However in the wider world of PR I do know that it is quite common. It started with PR agencies managing it for 'brands' and naturally extended to individual people whom they might represent as individuals or who are important in a corporation which wants to have a "conversation" (I hate that term) with the public. A brilliant parody of how this works was shown in the BBC series "W1A" , the spin off from 2012, where Siobhan, the ghastly PR woman, reveals to Ian that "he" is already Tweeting, because she is doing it on his behalf.

Most agents don't have any formal expertise in anything, but desperately need to legitimise their services. I can well imagine that they would offer to run a footballer's Twitter feed as a way of "enhancing his public profile", as part of the justification for their fees.

Either way, assuming Andy Delort's Twitter and other public utterings are genuine at all, he'd be well advised to stop them. He has already promised Lens fans that he will "play for them one day". That statement alone has made him a hostage to fortune that will be dredged up time and time again. Not least this coming season if he joins Rennes and then has to face Lens in a league game.
  • Tours are playing tonight and he is expected to start.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014
    Christ I really do hope this kid ends up being worth all this talk.
    Anything better than spongefoot would be good
  • Stig said:

This thread has thrown up a number of interesting questions

Yes, what is it all about?
  • Regarding Twitter and who runs it, I don't have any hard evidence concerning footballers, and if others are convinced that most footballers run their own, then fair enough, I'm probably wrong.

However in the wider world of PR I do know that it is quite common. It started with PR agencies managing it for 'brands' and naturally extended to individual people whom they might represent as individuals or who are important in a corporation which wants to have a "conversation" (I hate that term) with the public. A brilliant parody of how this works was shown in the BBC series "W1A" , the spin off from 2012, where Siobhan, the ghastly PR woman, reveals to Ian that "he" is already Tweeting, because she is doing it on his behalf.

Most agents don't have any formal expertise in anything, but desperately need to legitimise their services. I can well imagine that they would offer to run a footballer's Twitter feed as a way of "enhancing his public profile", as part of the justification for their fees.

Either way, assuming Andy Delort's Twitter and other public utterings are genuine at all, he'd be well advised to stop them. He has already promised Lens fans that he will "play for them one day". That statement alone has made him a hostage to fortune that will be dredged up time and time again. Not least this coming season if he joins Rennes and then has to face Lens in a league game.

Most PR/advertising/marketing agencies usually take it on for companies that want a presence on it, but perhaps don't have the in-house resources or expertise as such. I know the big companies have fully fledged social media teams that are all over it these days. You make an interesting point re: footballers and agents. Yes 100% I can see agents now incorporating this as some silly bolt on service when 'representing their client' but I can't imagine footballers see it as thing they would be happy to let someone else do on their behalf. I don't know why they should need an agent to handle it, they should be pretty capable of stringing together however many characters a tweet allows them. But then again, look at Diego Poyet:)
  • I just hope if he does come that he was worth the wait and hassle and not palmed off on loan to another club like PP. Will 100% give him a chance and he does sound promising just hope he is worth it.
  • edited August 2014
    cabbles said:

Regarding Twitter and who runs it, I don't have any hard evidence concerning footballers, and if others are convinced that most footballers run their own, then fair enough, I'm probably wrong.

Most PR/advertising/marketing agencies usually take it on for companies that want a presence on it, but perhaps don't have the in-house resources or expertise as such. I know the big companies have fully fledged social media teams that are all over it these days. You make an interesting point re: footballers and agents. Yes 100% I can see agents now incorporating this as some silly bolt on service when 'representing their client' but I can't imagine footballers see it as thing they would be happy to let someone else do on their behalf. I don't know why they should need an agent to handle it, they should be pretty capable of stringing together however many characters a tweet allows them. But then again, look at Diego Poyet:)
    Here is a pro-agent article in the Telegraph (and for sure I concede that there are agents who do a good job, such as these two seem to be). It includes this

image development is a very important part of our work. When we took on Rio Ferdinand he was misunderstood by the general public. We helped him to show the world his real self through social media, his five million Twitter followers and his online magazine #5. The online system works well because it means he can show his personality at the click of a button and it doesn’t take up all his time: he can edit the final content of the mag or type a tweet from anywhere in the world and there is no need for signings or appearances. He’s gone from being misunderstood to being a well-liked figure: in Asia and the Far East he is the most popular footballer there is.
  • Stig said:

This thread has thrown up a number of interesting questions

1. The futility of life, is it actually bloody worth it?
    2. How much fluff can you actually get in your belly button?
    3. Hmm, whats that over there?
    4. Now the season has started, why can't I just leave this bloody thread alone?
  • Chizz said:

I'd quite like this story to continue running throughout the season. We'll end up with threads like these:

- August, 2014: the transfer window shuts, no signing: Will Andy sign on loan?
    - The January 2015 window opens: Will Andy sign in time to play in the FA Cup?
    - The January 2015 window shuts: never mind the Cup, can we get him on loan for a few league games?
    - May 2015: I know he hasn't signed yet, but will Andy get a Cup Winner's medal, even though he wasn't officially part of the squad?
    - August 2015: How do you think Andy will fit in the new-look forward line, for the FA Community Shield match... if he signs?
    - Start of 2015/16 Premiership season: Any chance Andy will sign any time soon?
    - Andy signs for Leeds: Never rated him anyway

If that happens I will be very happy for him, especially as we will be in the Premiership and FA cup winners!
  • Sponsored links:

We will not sign Delort today, as he is playing for Tours tonight
  • Regarding Twitter and who runs it, I don't have any hard evidence concerning footballers, and if others are convinced that most footballers run their own, then fair enough, I'm probably wrong.

I think the premier league superstars often have agents running their twitters, but when you get to "our" level then its individuals.

In the commercial world agencies often run the social media of a business and I know a few businesses which ahve come unstuck because of things their agencies have done on their behalf. That said I don't have time to effectively run my business social media (and stay on CL :-) ) so a social media agency would be very useful.
  • cabbles said:

Here is a pro-agent article in the Telegraph (and for sure I concede that there are agents who do a good job, such as these two seem to be). It includes this

image development is a very important part of our work. When we took on Rio Ferdinand he was misunderstood by the general public. We helped him to show the world his real self through social media, his five million Twitter followers and his online magazine #5. The online system works well because it means he can show his personality at the click of a button and it doesn’t take up all his time: he can edit the final content of the mag or type a tweet from anywhere in the world and there is no need for signings or appearances. He’s gone from being misunderstood to being a well-liked figure: in Asia and the Far East he is the most popular footballer there is.
    Thanks Prague.
  • Wow almost slipped from the page there...
  • today's not the day...i can feel it
  • Quere Dedly Be De Lort

Refers to a situtation or item that is defined as Extremly(Quere-taken from the word Queer)Good(Dedly Taken from the word Deadly)Thanks be to God (Be the Lort. Commonly used in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, Republic of Ireland

This Burger is Quere Dedly Be De Lort

its a sign DeLort is on his way or we will have a burger named after him !!
  • Monday will be the day I reckon.
  • Pray he goes elsewhere, so I can use....
  • Has he signed yet?
  • edited August 2014
    not to sure why @banckzy has flagged me...care to enlighten me?