Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football league show

Comments

• Options
    Can you hear me at the back. Good. There are 72 League teams and FLS is a national show. Yes i curse as well when i want them to show or talk about about the greatest team in the world but the local SE programme, (when the BBC can be bothered to put it on) has always given a fair amount of coverage with CP being in the studio and the dozen or so local sides getting some air time. Look Talksport go on about Arsenal ad nauseam (the daily Arsenal). Just look at it that if we continue to have a good run we can go under the radar.
  • Options

Featured game Derby vs Fulham tonight following Derby's "shock midweek defeat at Charlton"....... cheeky gets.

Just watching now...also then said that Fulham lost to Wolves on the same night. Must have been a lot of injury time as it didn't finish til Wednesday night!!

I know I am getting old, but I can still remember when the Beeb used to actually get things right!
  • Options
    The penalty looked easily given, but these things even out. Charlton have had lots of penalties not given and harsh ones given against. The sending off seemed harsh. I remember a Charlton game at Huddersfield where Charlton had a player sent off in League One harshly too. These things balance out and Charlton are due some luck in balancing things up.

The marking for the Huddersfield goal did not seem to be good. Great strike from Vetekele. He is very strong, and if he gets a decent striker partner, he will score lots and lots of goals.
  • Options
    L lm l clock xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has always given a fair amount of coverage with CP being in the studio and the dozen or so local sides getting some air time. Look Talksport go on about Arsenal ad nauseam (the daily Arsenal). Just look at it that if we continue to have a good run we can go under the radar. cxjkcxkcxjkcxkcxjkcxjkcxjkcxjkcxxkcxjkxzkxzmxkXlzXkx
  • Options
    kx
  • Options

DId they call Vetokele Belgian on the FLS? Good work.

I think he properly is a Belgian citizen who has chosen to play football for Angola
    shirty5 said:

Claridge said he was talking to Charlton's Chief Scout in the week. Who is this at the moment?

Phil Chapple
    M.Roly
    Bob Petters
    Bear Grylls

Chapple. He and Claridge were at Cambridge Utd together IIRC
  • Options

DId they call Vetokele Belgian on the FLS? Good work.

I think he properly is a Belgian citizen who has chosen to play football for Angola
    shirty5 said:

Claridge said he was talking to Charlton's Chief Scout in the week. Who is this at the moment?

Phil Chapple
    M.Roly
    Bob Petters
    Bear Grylls

Chapple. He and Claridge were at Cambridge Utd together IIRC
    Claridge at Cambridge? He must have been reading gas meters.
  • Options
    Just gonna watch it - when are we on ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Just gonna watch it - when are we on ?

About 27 mins in.
  • Options
    17 mins for anyone bothered
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

17 mins for anyone bothered

Not on my Sky planner it wasn't :-0
  • Options
    Is Tricky dyslexic or is he just bad at copy and paste ? just hit the quote button.
  • Options
    watching it now. Bloody hell fulham are awful. Derby played well make no mistake but fulham were terrible.
  • Options

Is Tricky dyslexic or is he just bad at copy and paste ? just hit the quote button.

think he just fell asleep, head hit the keyboard
  • Options

Not going to bang on and repeat what's been said for the last few years about lack of coverage, as they've got 72 teams to cover. but I see no reason why the BBC can't just stick with the current format and then have a show online for each of the divisions. I'm not interested in what Manish & Claridge have to say, But it wouldn't take too much effort for them to knock up a programme of highlights from all the divisions games, with post-match interviews from Managers, players etc then just make it available on iplayer for those who want to see a more comprehensive view of that division.........................

Sanity Tango. Would require much less production staff i'd imagine, so a no go.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Not going to bang on and repeat what's been said for the last few years about lack of coverage, as they've got 72 teams to cover. but I see no reason why the BBC can't just stick with the current format and then have a show online for each of the divisions. I'm not interested in what Manish & Claridge have to say, But it wouldn't take too much effort for them to knock up a programme of highlights from all the divisions games, with post-match interviews from Managers, players etc then just make it available on iplayer for those who want to see a more comprehensive view of that division.........................

Depends what the contract says. The leagues don't just sell the rights they also agree a structure. FL/clubs may see an online show as undercutting their premium website offer. I don't understand how this would require fewer staff, either. I should think it would need more.
  • Options

Depends what the contract says. The leagues don't just sell the rights they also agree a structure. FL/clubs may see an online show as undercutting their premium website offer. I don't understand how this would require fewer staff, either. I should think it would need more.
    Rubbish. One guy on a website collating all the links to coverage already shot up and down the country and then Manish, Claridge et al, all the studio staff and backroom production staff on the FLS could be sacked and say £20 knocked off the license fee. Then we could have more repeats of Dads Army or One Foot in the Grave instead. Easy... What's the problem with that?

;0)
  • Options
    Some observations from last nights show...

1) Riga no longer wearing Blackpool tie when he's got his suit on.(maybe no longer feels an affinity with them)
    2) Delort still hasnt signed for WIgan...yawn.
    3) Francis great run and cross for Bmouth goal.
  • Options
    My son was really incredulous, "Surely that can't be Francis, can it"?!?!?!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh, and also, are Wolves the best dressed team?, as , amongst their substitutes were Savile and Rowe.
  • Options
    Great assist from Simon Church on the build up to the second Vetekele goal.
  • Options
    After watching FL show a Brighton boot was the assist for Igor first goal not good inter play between our forwards, which i thought at the time. Also Dunk won the header in first half which was put over the bar by their forward.
    we did not heed that warning.
    clever play by Brighton player to block Buyens when trying to close down Lua Lua for final pass into box.
    (was foul but got away with it. not easy for ref to spot.)
    I wish we could have played in their half for the added time like the Watford 4-3 win when we kept them pegged in.
  • Options
    Nice close up of greenie Jr or maybe it was Andy delort celebrating our 2nd ;)

Elsewhere, Magath continues to amuse with his interviews. He is pretty much as bad in German as well.

Parker and Macmanaman had great games respectively.

Cant believe the Massives didn't get a point. Carl Darlo probably the best in the division, how he has kept his boy band looks rather yhan getting his teeth knocked out I don't know
  • Options
    I always record it watch on Sunday,and skip all the program apart from Charlton and all the rubbish talk.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

I always record it watch on Sunday,and skip all the program apart from Charlton and all the rubbish talk.

This, except I just FF through the talk.
  • Options
    I have a confession.

Lee Clark, despite previously thinking he is a useless manager, and an idiot, and every other negative...and my jaw dropping at his ever more miserable interviews after games, I now kinda like him.

For a start his accent is absolutely brilliant.
    He has a kind of innocence that allows him to wear his heart on his sleeve and his feelings are reflected in his expression. I imagine he is also a passionate football man too.
    He simply keeps coming back for more, admirable stickability.
    An interview on the wireless in the close season he was actually really, and to me unexpectedly, funny.

I now think 'go on Lee, keep on keeping on...as long as it's not with us!'.

Do any of you understand a word the Fulham manager says? Mind you the Middlesboro manager makes the Fulham guy sound like the bloke who created the English language.
  • Options
    I have a confession as well.

Steve Claridge played 828 games scored 255 goals over a thirty year career.
    Now when i was a Sunday football manager i wanted to learn from people who had done the job, not just talked about it.
    I have never heard Claridge slag off Charlton. (I hear cafc fans slag off charlton)
    He have played in every division of football and would of met all types of characters.
    He is no Angel, speeding at 100 miles allegedly in wet conditions and gambling issues.

Not much on this thread but in the past has been given pelters.
    I always judge people on our they come accross to me, not by a third party.

but other than being an ex Millwall player(was it only cafc he did not play for !) and manager for a month! ( hold on may of answered my own question)

What's he done to you (he has no say in how long we are on for)

Could it be just be the boat or dodgy hair cut ?
  • Options
    He is certainly very reticent when it comes to dishing out praise for the Addicks.