Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football league show

1235»

Comments

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:

What about Yann's goal eh....

Move on
  • Options

I don't think Katrien chooses the players - that is the scouting network. Katrien then negotiates. Bob has a big say, but not to the level of most British managers - we have known all this for a while now. Almost certainly explains the fallout over 'football strategy' with CP.

This!
    The interview with Phil Chapple in TNT adds more colour to the picture.
    1) Staprix acquiring CAFC has added to the reach by providing intelligence from across Europe
    2) PC is responsible for talent identification for both today and in six months time
    3) he's been watching Coquelin for years so when the chance comes up, a deal is done
    4) the Wyscout website enables them to save time long listing when looking for certain types of players - it has worldwide data and footage.

So it looks like Bob says we need another decent striker and perhaps a central midfielder (or?)... Phil and his opposite numbers at Liege etc. watch games and sift data to create a shortlist of targets and Katrien then looks to close the deal.

One would imagine that the three of them meet regularly to discuss the squad and analyse performances. What we might need next summer will be much clearer to them as they will know who is staying and they will estimate which of the current squad might grow into the players we need for 2015-16.

Nobody knows the total resource that Staprix has on scouting but the quality of players landed in the last six months suggests they can identify AND land players.

It helps that we were also able to loan Buyens and Bulot from Liege as this means we've been able to raise our standard quicker. And borrowing one player from Arsenal suggests we have ability to borrow FAPL players.

I for one have faith and will only become impatient if progress stops.
    but they only do all this after looking on transfermrkt first.
  • Options
    Was it just me, or did Richard Murray remind anyone else of Nigel Farage when he was being interviewed?
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

Was it just me, or did Richard Murray remind anyone else of Nigel Farage when he was being interviewed?

Richard Murray turning into a nigel..... I've heard it all now!
  • Options
    What are you on Soapy, and where can I get some?
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

He only needed to be a holding a pint in his hand & it would have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sure they had our game on fast forward, the commentator could not keep up at one point
  • Options

sure they had our game on fast forward, the commentator could not keep up at one point

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that......
  • Options

yep very odd.

• Options

Don't worry, I'm sure we will get decent coverage for our last game of the season.
  • Options
    Luzon was not on last night.Channel five next season at 9pm be better?.
  • Options
    Also Ben Haim clearly fouled for the penalty and not Buyens so they got that wrong too.

Is coverage moving to Channel 5 next season?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options

Great point
  • Options
    Yes next season on channel five.
  • Options
    I am surprised no channel has tried to follow the abortive ITV attempt to buy full tv rights.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It was bizarre, they barely even waited for the ball to hit the back of the net before moving to the next clip.
  • Options
    Biggest FL72 team in North East playing biggest FL72 team in London, 3 goals including a penalty and a missed penalty. Last game shown, hardly any coverage. I seriously don't understand why the BBC seems to hate Charlton so much.
  • Options
    What oohaah said. Loads of action at the top and the bottom of the division yesterday, very little interest for the neutrals in our game. They showed the goals plus a few other bits action - what else exactly were they supposed to be showing? People moaning just for the sake of moaning as usual.

A welcome addition would be a few slow-mo replays, but it isn't just our games they don't do that for.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Indeed. They showed more than I expected. Some of the paranoia about this show is unbelievable.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I was expecting the two fouls (and resulting pens) as well as the other two goals. They showed all that plus a couple of half chances for both sides too.
  • Options
    not saying they did not show enough, it just seemed to be on fast forward, clips going so quick the commentator could not keep up
  • Options
    Just watched it - the only thing actually wrong with the package was the commentator claiming Yoni Buyens was responsible for conceding the penalty. The speed was normal, but it was edited very sharply to squeeze in the clips which might be why you think it was odd Paulie (or your PVR is playing up). I'm pleasantly surprised when they show non-goal clips.