Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football league show

Comments

• Options

Nice close up of greenie Jr or maybe it was Andy delort celebrating our 2nd ;)

Elsewhere, Magath continues to amuse with his interviews. He is pretty much as bad in German as well.

Parker and Macmanaman had great games respectively.

Cant believe the Massives didn't get a point. Carl Darlo probably the best in the division, how he has kept his boy band looks rather yhan getting his teeth knocked out I don't know

Was there? At least it wasn't the one of me going arse over tit for the first goal
  • Options

I have a confession as well.

Steve Claridge played 828 games scored 255 goals over a thirty year career.
    Now when i was a Sunday football manager i wanted to learn from people who had done the job, not just talked about it.
    I have never heard Claridge slag off Charlton. (I hear cafc fans slag off charlton)
    He have played in every division of football and would of met all types of characters.
    He is no Angel, speeding at 100 miles allegedly in wet conditions and gambling issues.

Not much on this thread but in the past has been given pelters.
    I always judge people on our they come accross to me, not by a third party.

but other than being an ex Millwall player(was it only cafc he did not play for !) and manager for a month! ( hold on may of answered my own question)

What's he done to you (he has no say in how long we are on for)

Could it be just be the boat or dodgy hair cut ?

His shit analysis bores me week in week out. He's just a budget version of Alan 'state the obvious' Shearer.

• Options
    Croydon said:

Now when i was a Sunday football manager i wanted to learn from people who had done the job, not just talked about it.
    I have never heard Claridge slag off Charlton. (I hear cafc fans slag off charlton)
    He have played in every division of football and would of met all types of characters.
    He is no Angel, speeding at 100 miles allegedly in wet conditions and gambling issues.

but other than being an ex Millwall player(was it only cafc he did not play for !) and manager for a month! ( hold on may of answered my own question)

His shit analysis bores me week in week out. He's just a budget version of Alan 'state the obvious' Shearer.

He was much improved this week. He actually managed to talk to Manish/ the camera, instead of mumbling to the desk like he usually does.
    Secondly, he actually talked some sense, which is most unlike him.
  • Options

He looks like my Aunt Ethel

next question?
  • Options
    There is a tomato on the show tonight.
  • Options
    IA said:

Lol.
    Didn't see it so I'm trying to work out who you mean.

Steve Evans?
  • Options

But never forget that he shinned the last minute goal in the '96 p/off final against 'them'.

Top geezer for that and have always thought highly of him since!
  • Options

IA said:

Lol.
    Didn't see it so I'm trying to work out who you mean.

Steve Evans?
    got it in one
  • Options
    Big item on us and interviews with Murray and KM on last might's show. Both of them confirm that they are doing things differently. Murray says we are "playing good football and we are enjoying it".

KM says she negotiates all the players that BP wants. He gives her a profile and she tries to find a player that fits that and then asks BP if that player is the right one. She says she understands the importance to the fans of today's game.

• Options
    Brilliant KM is our player finder , first point of call Liege reserves :-)
    Well she's improved from Polish Pete to Igor , so FairPlay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Big item on us and interviews with Murray and KM on last might's show. Both of them confirm that they are doing things differently. Murray says we are "playing good football and we are enjoying it".

KM says she negotiates all the players that BP wants. He gives her a profile and she tries to find a player that fits that and then asks BP if that player is the right one. She says she understands the importance to the fans of today's game.

**KM says she negotiates all the players that BP wants. He gives her a profile and she tries to find a player that fits that and then asks BP if that player is the right one.**
    I always thought that you have a scouting network for finding players
  • Options

**KM says she negotiates all the players that BP wants. He gives her a profile and she tries to find a player that fits that and then asks BP if that player is the right one.**
    Cheaper not to have one. Especially when you already have half a dozen clubs on your books already.
  • Options

Brilliant KM is our player finder , first point of call Liege reserves :-)
    Well she's improved from Polish Pete to Igor , so FairPlay

I imagine Igor was solely Bob's suggestion having worked with him previously.
  • Options

Showed more of Leeds training than our match.

It was 0-0 you know.
  • Options

Cheaper not to have one. Especially when you already have half a dozen clubs on your books already.
    We must be the only club in the league that the manager gives the board a profile of a player.

I was always under the impression that the manager told people who they would like, or at least he was given names of players he might be interested in.....................not a profile
  • Options
    As I just posted on the post match views thread, that interview made me suck my teeth for the first time since the takeover.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2014
    Nice piece on Charlton at the end. The best piece on Charlton from the Championship programme for a while. Katrien Miere presents very well and quick. Katrien appears to be a very able Operations Manager but is clearly not in overall charge. I have a feeling that KM understands whats missing in the team. Unfortunately, she is not the one making the decision about that. If / when the missing parts are agreed to be located, with sufficient funds made available, KM looks well able to negotiate the deal.

The missus couldn't stop laughing about Claridge moustache. Thanks to Claridge for that.
  • Options
    Katrien has been looking in Henry's wardrobe again....
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2014
    Glad as well that Clem cut down on the usual egotistical buffonery in his report.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Showed more of Leeds training than our match.

It was 0-0 you know.
    My comment was from a few months ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IAIA
    edited November 2014
    KM used the word "manager", not "head coach", which was unexpected for me.
  • Options
    I don't think Katrien chooses the players - that is the scouting network. Katrien then negotiates. Bob has a big say, but not to the level of most British managers - we have known all this for a while now. Almost certainly explains the fallout over 'football strategy' with CP.
  • Options
    What about Yann's goal eh....
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

pah !! George, Joe & Simon can do that with their eyes shut !!!
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Who?
  • Options
    ads said:

C_A_F_C said:

Who?
    H E P L A Y S F O R B O U R N E M O U T H!!!!
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04sy2d3/the-football-league-show-20142015-22112014

16 mins in. There no denying that this is a cracking goal from KMG.

Charlton bit 40 mins in.
  • Options

I don't think Katrien chooses the players - that is the scouting network. Katrien then negotiates. Bob has a big say, but not to the level of most British managers - we have known all this for a while now. Almost certainly explains the fallout over 'football strategy' with CP.

This!
    The interview with Phil Chapple in TNT adds more colour to the picture.
    1) Staprix acquiring CAFC has added to the reach by providing intelligence from across Europe
    2) PC is responsible for talent identification for both today and in six months time
    3) he's been watching Coquelin for years so when the chance comes up, a deal is done
    4) the Wyscout website enables them to save time long listing when looking for certain types of players - it has worldwide data and footage.

So it looks like Bob says we need another decent striker and perhaps a central midfielder (or?)... Phil and his opposite numbers at Liege etc. watch games and sift data to create a shortlist of targets and Katrien then looks to close the deal.

One would imagine that the three of them meet regularly to discuss the squad and analyse performances. What we might need next summer will be much clearer to them as they will know who is staying and they will estimate which of the current squad might grow into the players we need for 2015-16.

Nobody knows the total resource that Staprix has on scouting but the quality of players landed in the last six months suggests they can identify AND land players.

It helps that we were also able to loan Buyens and Bulot from Liege as this means we've been able to raise our standard quicker. And borrowing one player from Arsenal suggests we have ability to borrow FAPL players.

I for one have faith and will only become impatient if progress stops.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2014
    Seriously Red are you sure you are not on the Dutachatelet payroll ? If not, RD should get you some comps in the comfy exec seat and a couple of nice dinners from the carvery. Sterling work. ;-)

NB Good you have a sense of humour @seriously_red