Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Colchester Utd | Tues 12th Aug 2014 | Capital One Cup | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    I don't think players need a rest at this stage of the season and getting his first choice 11 to gel is far more important than giving the reserves a run out so I would be pretty dissapointed to see Bob make wholesale changes from Saturday.

Moussa may come in, possibly Morro for TBH and I would expect Wilson for Solly. Other than that I'd leave it alone and let the players get to know each other.
  • Options
    I will be going, and hoping Church does not play.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It'll be a chance for Colchester to get a look at Churchy. Could be just what they need. Would bang them in for fun at that level.
  • Options
    What stands are open?
  • Options
    Will be worth seeing Gomez' debut.

Personally I think JJ could do with another 90 mins.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

What stands are open?

North and West Lower for us I assume.
  • Options
    We'll mince em!
    Tear em a new one!
    Church earns another 5 years!
    Our name is on the cup!

1-2 to Colchester
  • Options
    Charlton, please win or lose this. I can't stand extra time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The anti Church comments are getting pretty dull now. Hopefully he proves everyone wrong tomorrow night with a couple of goals.....
  • Options
    How many Charlton managers in the past have put out "a reserve team" and said they should be good enough to win against a lower league team and come out with all the excuses going when we lose. I for one hope he only makes half a team change at the most.
  • Options
    Reckon he'll give Tuchadean 90 minutes, decent opportunity to see what he's like.
  • Options

Reckon he'll give Tuchadean 90 minutes, decent opportunity to see what he's like.

And a good opportunity to break his duck. The first goal always gives a striker a boost of confidence at the start of the season.
  • Options
    HandG said:

The anti Church comments are getting pretty dull now. Hopefully he proves everyone wrong tomorrow night with a couple of goals.....

Damn. Too late again. I've resisted until now and suddenly it's out of fashion. Story of my bloody life. I didn't start wearing flares til 1991.
  • Options

Goalkeeper Chris Lewington will be making his debut for Colchester tomorrow night. Played over 100 games for Dagenham and Redbridge.

Big Charlton Fan. He will have a stormer.

lol. He's not a big Charlton fan any more but should have a good game.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

How many Charlton managers in the past have put out "a reserve team" and said they should be good enough to win against a lower league team and come out with all the excuses going when we lose. I for one hope he only makes half a team change at the most.

Or put an unmotivated 1st team out, who lost dismally when he should have brought in some of the hungry youngsters and reserves, who would all have given 110% for the cause....

Let's face it, it's the League Cup, and we will go out in an embarrassing manner at some point. Our record in this cup is pathetic!
  • Options
    Apart from the strikers that is a very strong second string team. Better than we had last season.
  • Options
    Can't see Church playing this, as being cup-tied could well scupper his big move...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicks to win 2-0, match thread from 7 pm.
  • Options
    Can we pay at the turnstiles?
  • Options
    2-0 to us. I think Harriott wil start up front with Pigott and he will get one of the goals. I think Moussa will start as well and he'll get the other.
  • Options
    Whatever team Bob picks I'm sure they will want to put on a good show/performance, even with us needing a couple more players I think we have the makings of a decent squad for the championship.
    I'm also really looking forward to seeing the VALLEY again in all its glory!

COYR.......
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Can we pay at the turnstiles?

That's my plan, so I hope so.
  • Options

I've never used the phrase "bang them in for fun" and feel this is the right time for it.

An odd phrase: does anybody "bang them in for dull"?
  • Options
    Anyone know if this is on the internet tonight? After Saturdays fix, I need another hit, even if it's not first team smack
  • Options
    Would like to see George and Zak upfront to see what they can do, maybe Church on the bench. Think we'll see Nego on the right of a four with Moussa on the left. Does feel we're a touch light centrally in the squad but perhaps that will change with cousins being used in the middle in the future (or maybe we bring someone in).

Recon 2-1 to us if the above play, 0-1 if Church and Piggot are providing the firepower.
  • Options
    I'm going just in the hope of seeing Joe Gomez make his first team debut. Then I can say "I was there" when he is leading out England in 7 years time.
  • Options
    Pope

Gomez
    Bikey
    Morisson
    Fox

Wilson
    Cousins
    Jackson
    Mousa

Tucadean
    Harriot