Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Colchester Utd | Tues 12th Aug 2014 | Capital One Cup | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to/hoping to see Gomez, Moussa and Pope start. Would be happy with something like Clem's team.

Not sure Church is really in Bob's plans so I don't see any reason to start him, makes more sense to give Harriott a start up front and Tucudean another run out. Would rather see Ansah or Sho-Silva on the bench.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I've never used the phrase "bang them in for fun" and feel this is the right time for it.

An odd phrase: does anybody "bang them in for dull"?
    Yes - I've always wondered if the only thing stopping strikers scoring several goals per game is that they are bored with the idea of scoring goals and it isn't much fun.

Maybe we should start saying "he would bang them in for money at this level".
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Bob was asked at the open day if the team formation would change re the different opponents he answer was "no its 442".
  • Options

Bob was asked at the open day if the team formation would change re the different opponents he answer was "no its 442".

How innovative.
  • Options
    thanks i do my best
  • Options
    Dont think we should have Pigott or Church no where near eachother upfront.
    I know its the first round but dont have both of them upfront, would like to proceed a bit further and score a few goals
  • Options

Why aren't we playing Oxford before Huddersfield as usual in this pointless competition?

And where is the Johnson's paint when you need it? Answer me that.

Just not good enough, I'm afraid.

• Options
    The team trained on the pitch yesterday.
  • Options
    Surely Bob will be keen to ensure he wins his first home game as new manager regardless of the competition/opposition ? I can't imagine him putting out a full reserve side and with four days to recover afterwards I don't think too many of the guys who started against Brentford will need a rest before our next league game ?
  • Options
    Pope

Nego morrison gomez fox

Wilson cousins moussa daniel

Piggott ansah

Would be my team, although expect no ansah and Daniel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for showing the Moussa video, he looks exactly what we were missing on Saturday. Interesting to note how many of you are making your decision about going on the presumed line-up by people who are just guessing. I have a feeling that you might regret missing this one.
  • Options
    Pope
    Gomez Morro TBH Fox
    Wilson Cousins Moussa JJ
    Harriet Piggot

stong subs bench
  • Options
    Have no faith in us in the cup. 1-1 penalties the the result of them is anyone's guess.
  • Options
    Looking fwd to this one and just being back at the Valley. Hoping for an easy win but very much doubt it. 1-0 Charlton and hopefully avoid Udders in the next round.
  • Options
    Ah sod it, I'm going. C'mon Bob, strong side please.
  • Options

It's in the garage under the bag of potting compost.
  • Options
    George Tucudean just posted a pic with his shirt hanging up next to Vetokele and Ben Haim's shirts. So I assume they are in the 18.
  • Options
    How much are tickets on the door
  • Options

• Options
    £10er I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any folks know if there's a radio commentary for this match for those of us farther afield?

Cheers Colin.
  • Options
    Will league cup highlights be available online after the match Colin?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    RedMist said:

Any folks know if there's a radio commentary for this match for those of us farther afield?

Cheers Colin.

It appears to be on BBC Radio Essex, can't tell if it will be available live or not yet, just says not available on iplayer

Commentary?
  • Options

CHARLTON: Henderson, Wilson, Gomez, Morrison, Bikey-Amougou, Moussa, Harriott, Buyens, Fox, Cousins, Tucudean. (IL) #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) August 12, 2014
  • Options

Charlton subs: Pope, Berg Gudmundsson, Church, Nego, Pigott, Ben Haim, Vetokele. (IL) #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) August 12, 2014
  • Options

The U's to start at Charlton: Lewington, Clohessy, Okuonghae. Eastman, Gordon, Gilbey, Moncur, Vose, Sears, Massey, Ibehre.

— Colchester United FC (@ColU_Official) August 12, 2014
  • Options
    Do we think 4-5-1 or Harriott/Moussa upfront?
  • Options

RedMist said:

Cheers Colin.

It appears to be on BBC Radio Essex, can't tell if it will be available live or not yet, just says not available on iplayer

Commentary?
    Think this amy be it, you can click on the little radio Essex logo underneath that heading....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcessex
  • Options
    oh, and thanks colin