Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Colchester - Post match views

Very comfortable work it seems from The Valley tonight.

Look forward to hearing from those there

Comments

• Options
    If it is Hudds away RD to supply buses for all that want them?
  • Options
    Decent match. Thought Buyens grew into the game, defence looked solid, with good performances from Fox and Gomez. Moussa slightly off the pace, but that's to be expected after injury. Harriott did well, put himself about a bit. Not so sure about Tucedean.

There keeper was poor.
  • Options
    Gudmundsson came on and looked absolute class above, spraying ball around all over the place and decent shooting. Shout out for Gomez aswell he was top notch, Bikey and Wilson very good aswell. Not a fan of tucudean so far.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Poor first 10 mins then we took control, pretty comfortable even without the sending off and very comfortable after it

Bikey is a monster at the back and Bobs gonna have trouble keeping Gomez out the side, that boy oozes class wherever he plays
  • Options
    Absolute stroll in the park.

Feet on the ground as it was a poor Colchester side with 10 men.

Gomez had a great game. Bikey looking good and a brilliant moment in the 1st half when Sears visibly crapped himself when confronted by him.

Really liked the look of Gudmundsson in the centre.

Good start.
  • Options
    when is the draw for round 2, and are Prem clubs included?
  • Options
    Always seemed to have another gear if needed. Bikey immense, Lawrie Wilson booked his place for Saturday. Buyens did a job midfield and Cousins tried too hard and lost composure at times. CH still off the pace. Tucadean almost but not quite. Think BP has a better idea of his best team and need for quality strike partner for Ivor is clear. Church shows he can get on to balls and score from half a yard.
  • Options
    Ground looks nice after being tarted up. Pitch looks quality.
    Good run out for team but never felt Colchester really threatened us.
    Gomez looks class. Liked my first glimpse of Bikey. Think Fox will play quite a bit this season and also looks decent. Buyens also looked useful. Moussaka didn't do a lot but he needs time. George didn't have a great game but will give him time. We need another striker though. Callum looks up for it and think he'll have a good season. Still feel we're trying out new formations and it was noticeable that Gudmundson played centre mid when he came on.
    I believe we have a decent squad and a few quality additions will see us as a team that will challenge most in the league.
  • Options
    They were poor (keeper especially) but you can only beat what's put in front of you. Gomez looks very composed, Buyens had a good game, especially second half. Gudmondsson looked very good when he came on. Thought Wilson took both his goals well. Cousins was anonymous first half, but halfway through the second him and Buyens were running the show.

Good performance against limited opposition.
  • Options
    Dagenham 6 - 6 Brentford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Dagenham 6 - 6 Brentford

Thanks colin
  • Options

Cruised to a largely untroubled victory. Still a bit disjointed (no surprise there) but lots of promise in a talented, young and speedy team. Mostly positive thoughts tonight, but a few misgivings about George - he will certainly have some good games but rather more of the other kind, I'm afraid, unless BP can find a bit of magic.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Dagenham 6 - 6 Brentford

Bit embarassing we only managed 1 against Brentford now
  • Options

CAFCdamo said:

Dagenham 6 - 6 Brentford

But didn't concede 6............
  • Options
    More than I expected

Att: 5,752 (472 from Colchester)
  • Options
    HappyValley finally got his prediction correct!
  • Options

CAFCdamo said:

Dagenham 6 - 6 Brentford

But didn't concede 6............
    Thats because Button wasnt playing :)
  • Options
    It sounds like there's a real bit of depth to our squad, things are looking up.
  • Options
    Good game and the new players looked lively. Tucudean may not have had many chances but laid off the pass for the first chance that was handled for a penalty and then started the move off for the second with a back heel nutmeg. Wilson took both goals well and good to see Church get on the score sheet although had a chance to score earlier on. Job done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought tucudean was good, he's obviously not a goal scorer but his knock ons and passing was good. A link up player as opposed to a goal scorer. Just needs to grasp the pace of the game a bit more

oh good a Leaburn replacement
  • Options

Thought tucudean was good, he's obviously not a goal scorer but his knock ons and passing was good. A link up player as opposed to a goal scorer. Just needs to grasp the pace of the game a bit more

This is what i thought about him against Portsmouth & Brentford, people being a bit harsh on him at times IMO.
  • Options
    Curbishley was there apparently
  • Options

oh good a Leaburn replacement
    Yep. Or a Kermorgant replacement. That'll do me.
  • Options

CAFCdamo said:

Dagenham 6 - 6 Brentford

To be fair, they had a completely different team. Star player McCormack was missing!
  • Options
    I only went tonight to see The Valley as I couldn't wait until Saturday. Expected a team of reserves/youngsters, so was pleasantly surprised to see quite a strong starting line-up.

As for the match, we bossed it from start to finish, as the stats show (not helped by the sending off, but I don't feel the result would have been different had they had 11 players). Was very impressed with Gomez; on the rare occasions that he was beaten, he'd catch up with the opponent within seconds and regain possession. Bikey's performance was similar to Saturday, attackers just bounced off him. Wilson looked great at RM, always in a position to either put in a cross or shoot before the full back got near him, though again, this was not helped by us having a man advantage. No one had a bad game (as you might expect in a 4-0 win against 10 men), but those three especially caught my eye.

Even more excited for Saturday now!
  • Options
    Game changed by a probably correct, but pretty harsh penalty sending off decision. Difficult to give a realistic assessment after that, we totally dominated a spirited but limited Colchester. MoM was Wilson, beautiful and historic debut from barely 17 Joe Gomez. Nice to see the Morro Bikey combination, and we now take Fox for granted (how many first team games has that excellent young player clocked up?). Henderson had nothing to do really.
    Cousins much better centrally, and although I am working him out, Buyens had his best game so far...nice penalty. Calum was Calum, Wilson was Lawrie plus two, Tucudean was ok in my eyes, even a bit unlucky, and Moussa was trying too hard. Church outshone Vetokele in his cameo spell, and Bob played Johann in the middle of midfield.
    Absolutely worth the ticket money mind you, nice to clap Kinsella, lovely to see the beautiful pitch...grass needs a trim before Saturday I would say.
    Comfortable win, very much shaped by the penalty and sending off.