Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Inbetweeners 2

Comments

• Options
    First trip to the cinema for years. Thought it was very good, except the outback scene. Chuckles all the way through with a few big belly laughs. Unusually for me, I enjoyed watching it in the cinema because everyone was laughing together.

Watched Inbetweeners 1 on dvd again last night. It's not as good either in terms of laughs or production quality. A rare case of the follow-up being better. Still think the programmes are best though because they absolutely nailed that adolescent angst thing. The older they get the more difficult it'll be to make that work. Probably time to quit now.
  • Options
    I am a massive inbetweeners fan but thought this one was awful! Terrible story line and the jokes were just so obvious!
  • Options
    I thought the scene in the outback where simon was really thirsty was gut tearingly funny. I kept laughing thinking about it afterwards
  • Options
    Definitely some great gags (the water park was excellent from start to finish) but in all felt a bit disappointed. Australia is a huge country compared to Malia yet they seemed to do a lot more in Malia. They spend most of the film in the same hostel, otherwise 5 minutes in Sydney, 10 minutes in the water-park and 10 minutes in the desert. They could have definitely stuck in more (such as scuba-diving or bungee jumping). I imagine budget may have been an issue but filming a film about having a gap year in Australia and staying in one hostel for the rest of the film is like having a film about the Battle of Stalingrad but setting 80% of the film in a single street for an afternoon. Hugely disappointed that they didn't explore the Outback a bit more after they got rescued - the farmer who saved them was easily my favourite character and he was only in it for 2 minutes.

Hardly any likeable characters apart from the main 4. Will's fascination with the gap yah people who he ascertained at the beginning to be insufferable bell ends for most of the film didn't seem to make much sense, probably would have worked better if it took him longer than 5 minutes to hate them all. I enjoyed Simon being the recipient of a clingy lover instead of being the clingy lover though for once.
  • Options
    Thought it was class. Not as good as the series mind but much better than the first film. That girl was fucking annoying though.
  • Options
    I've also noticed some reviewers (mainly once for wet-tissue papers like the Graun or the Indie) said that the film was misogynist. Not exactly sure how they came to that conclusion. Sure, there are misogynistic characters, but that doesn't make the film misogynistic any more than American History X is a racist film because one of the characters is a racist. A pair of tits is visible on screen for roughly half a second. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this film has more dicks on screen than all the other films I've ever seen put together.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

Thought it was class. Not as good as the series mind but much better than the first film. That girl was fucking annoying though.

To start with I thought she was supposed to be a bit annoying and over the top, by the end I realised she was just a dreadful actress.

Lovely looking though.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I've also noticed some reviewers (mainly once for wet-tissue papers like the Graun or the Indie) said that the film was misogynist. Not exactly sure how they came to that conclusion. Sure, there are misogynistic characters, but that doesn't make the film misogynistic any more than American History X is a racist film because one of the characters is a racist. A pair of tits is visible on screen for roughly half a second. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this film has more dicks on screen than all the other films I've ever seen put together.

The Guardian was moaning that the female characters should have been developed into more than 'lusty sex objects' for the main lads in the film.

Its the Inbetweeners FFS.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Fiiish said:

The Guardian was moaning that the female characters should have been developed into more than 'lusty sex objects' for the main lads in the film.

Its the Inbetweeners FFS.
    Indeed. It's not worth analysing, it's just meant to be funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    saw it today and was quite frankly disappointed. A weak comparison to the first movie and not a patch on the series IMO
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've heard that the reason it is not as good as the first film is because they rushed it. They filmed it in 2 days.
  • Options
    Some funny bits but on the whole not very good. No plot and the poo scene was so similar to Kevin and Perry.
  • Options
    LOL at those claiming the plot was weak. Did you accidentally walk into the wrong screen? You know it was the Inbetweeners right? Fucking hilarious and relatable as always but I neither noticed nor cared how good the plot was.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

LOL at those claiming the plot was weak. Did you accidentally walk into the wrong screen? You know it was the Inbetweeners right? Fucking hilarious and relatable as always but I neither noticed nor cared how good the plot was.

You're right, comedy films don't need a plot, they might as well as filmed the whole thing at Watford Gap services and used the same jokes, I'm sure it would have been just as good.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

You're right, comedy films don't need a plot, they might as well as filmed the whole thing at Watford Gap services and used the same jokes, I'm sure it would have been just as good.
    I said the plot wasn't that important, then you started talking about setting. Not sure what your point is.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

I said the plot wasn't that important, then you started talking about setting. Not sure what your point is.
    The fact that they were in Australia propelled most of the plot. You're saying the jokes were good despite the plot so I was saying instead of, say, someone being pissed on in the Outback, just have them getting pissed on in a WH Smith. Doesn't matter, the joke is still the same, right? Or instead of going into the Outback to find Jay's ex, they go into the disabled toilet to find a magic wand. Whatever, it's all the same.

The point I'm trying to make it whilst comedy films don't rely on plot as much as other genres, a lack of plot wouldn't hurt a 23 minute TV programme (hell even a 50 minute one like Breaking Bad managed to make a decent episode that had no plot or effect on the rest of the season), when you're sitting in a cinema for 2 hours your average viewer probably wants a little more than willy and poo jokes. There were several portions of the film that consisted purely of exposition (i.e. no jokes) and when you're watching a comedy film, you don't want to be thinking 'God this plot is crap, when are they going to get back to the jokes'. Which is what I thought several times during the film.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

The fact that they were in Australia propelled most of the plot. You're saying the jokes were good despite the plot so I was saying instead of, say, someone being pissed on in the Outback, just have them getting pissed on in a WH Smith. Doesn't matter, the joke is still the same, right? Or instead of going into the Outback to find Jay's ex, they go into the disabled toilet to find a magic wand. Whatever, it's all the same.

The point I'm trying to make it whilst comedy films don't rely on plot as much as other genres, a lack of plot wouldn't hurt a 23 minute TV programme (hell even a 50 minute one like Breaking Bad managed to make a decent episode that had no plot or effect on the rest of the season), when you're sitting in a cinema for 2 hours your average viewer probably wants a little more than willy and poo jokes. There were several portions of the film that consisted purely of exposition (i.e. no jokes) and when you're watching a comedy film, you don't want to be thinking 'God this plot is crap, when are they going to get back to the jokes'. Which is what I thought several times during the film.
    How old are you?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

How old are you?
    What colour is your hair? Or are we just asking irrelevant questions because I'm assuming you're asking me in order to use my age in order to ignore my point because the film wasn't aimed at someone my age?

I'm 26 by the way, not that it actually matters. Having seen all 3 seasons and the first film, I think I knew what I was getting into.
  • Options
    Brown. No. I think it was, roughly. Not sure why you didn't get it if you are 26.
    Has anyone noticed how much more willing people are to share their dislike about something when they have a keyboard to protect them? Genuinely haven't heard anyone in the real world say they didn't like this film.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    JaShea99 said:

Brown. No. I think it was, roughly. Not sure why you didn't get it if you are 26.
    Has anyone noticed how much more willing people are to share their dislike about something when they have a keyboard to protect them? Genuinely haven't heard anyone in the real world say they didn't like this film.

Me, the people I went to see it with, my colleagues and most of my friends said they preferred the first film. I'm not exactly using a keyboard protect me, I'm giving comments on a film about 4 horny teenagers, not inciting hatred.

I never said I didn't like it, I just felt it was let down by a weak plot and it had the potential to be much better. I did get the jokes and I loved the water park scene, it just seemed to drag in places.
  • Options
    Of course they did. Good. Make sure you see something more high brow than poo and willy jokes next time then.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

JaShea99 said:

"A keyboard to protect them"? From criticizing a film? I've heard it all now!
    Have you?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

cafctom said:

JaShea99 said:

Have you?
    Treat yourself to some sleep Mr Hard Man. You're starting to scare people. Everyone is hiding behind keyboards because of you. Zzz
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

cafctom said:

JaShea99 said:

Have you?
    Treat yourself to some sleep Mr Hard Man. You're starting to scare people. Everyone is hiding behind keyboards because of you. Zzz
    Don't even know what this means. Don't remember using the words hard or scare. This site is full of morons.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

cafctom said:

JaShea99 said:

Have you?
    Don't even know what this means. Don't remember using the words hard or scare. This site is full of morons.
    Why are you on it then? If it's full of morons and you're not one yourself, surely you wouldn't be on it at 1am?
  • Options
    Brilliant. Show me a better source for Charlton news and opinions and I'll gladly sign up now.
  • Options
    For news - www.cafc.co.uk
    For opinions - stop being such a bell, get some friends and ask there opinions.

After all, you wouldn't want the opinion of Morons anyway, would you?
  • Options
    More nonsense I don't understand. What's a bell? Do you mean bellend? There opinions? Don't even know what that means.