Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Town vs Charlton Ath | Sat 23rd August 2014 | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    I have been far too Charltonised over the years. I expect an unlucky loss, we just cannot ever have it all our own way!

2-1
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

A northern away day backed by a small away following, it was in this sort of environment that Powell's gritty but sometimes unpretty Charlton made their mark, it will be an interesting test for Bob and his Eurostars.

I agree with this. All week I have been buzzing from the Derby game, but now we have a tough away game. You would hope that playing home/away makes no difference, and if we play the way we played on Tues, then we'll be a match for them. However, with that performance against Derby and the result against Wigan, there's a dreaded little feeling creeping in that I haven't had for a while, hope. No matter how long I've been following this game, it always gets me. After Tuesday the team have slapped me in the face with it:)

One thing I will moot. Although Cousins has had a cracking start, and he put a good assist in, I think he faded as the game went on. Maybe, just maybe Harriott to start? I say this because he's naturally left footed, was bang on form at the end of last season, and seems to respond well to being dropped. I remember his perseverance last season when Powell had dropped him and he came back under Riga. I still think he has something to offer...

Pope

Solly, TBH, Bikey, Wiggins

JBG, Buyens, JJ, Harriott

Tuc

Vetokele

7-1 to us
  • Options
    I feel that this team is better set to pick up points away from home
  • Options
    Can't see beyond a 5-0 victory for Huddersfield.
  • Options

ross1 said:

As I do not get to watch us as much as I would like, can anyone tell me, when we have corners (although only a few so far), does Bikey or TBH go up for them. I see not many people tip either to score.

Don't think we had a single corner on Tuesday night rather surprisingly!

Against Derby they both went up, Solly and Wiggins were the ones to stay back.

In fact Solly stayed REALLY far back....

....in the West Stand !

• Options

ross1 said:

As I do not get to watch us as much as I would like, can anyone tell me, when we have corners (although only a few so far), does Bikey or TBH go up for them. I see not many people tip either to score.

....in the West Stand !

• Options
    4-0 Hudds
    The sky is falling.
  • Options
    Hudds the favourites according to the bookies, who I think haven't cottoned onto the fact we are a different side to last years...
  • Options
    Going to this and confident, hopefully we can get fairly decent numbers up there, I made my decision after the way we played against derby 4/4 3-1 us after going down 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Entertaining 2 - 2
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    Still so early and so difficult to call. I do think however our general 'focus' will be good, we will arrive with purpose and a positive attitude.
    Hope they have a big pitch.
  • Options
    Our defence will be key here. If they are on their game then you have to fancy our attack to nick at least one.
  • Options

Our defence will be key here. If they are on their game then you have to fancy our attack to nick at least one.

Our defence has been on its game all season and we are making 13/14 chances every game. Huddersfield on the other hand had four shots on target vs Reading the other night.
    Perhaps luck will play a part - really hoping to stay unbeaten...with two new signings coming soon we could be in a really good place by end September?
  • Options
    2-1 us
  • Options
    edited August 2014

ross1 said:

....in the West Stand !

Oh yeah lol, got the Derby and Wigan games mixed up.
  • Options
    Interesting one this. We've had a great start but I reckon this is a real test. A win and I think I might just start believing in the play offs.
    1-1 I reckon
  • Options
    Sooner or later teams are going to suss out our passing game, try an stop us playing with overly physical play. Being a northern York's club they will probably do just that.
    Will our ball playing heroes withstand a team of cloggers? I'm going for 2 - 2. Gudmonsson & JJ.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    0-4, Igor hat trick and late Moussa tap-in and we kindly pave the way for SCP...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not been to a northern away game for many years, excited doesn't cover it. 3-0 COYR!
  • Options
    Moussa to start instead of injured tucudean
    Gomez and pope to continue for injured solly and Henderson
    A lot depends on pope's confidence after Tuesdays blunder, reckon he will do ok, 1-2 charlton
  • Options
    2-1 to the addicks
  • Options
    On the face of it this is a game we could well win which probably means we won't. I'll be happy with a 1-1 to keep the unbeaten run going.
  • Options

Sooner or later teams are going to suss out our passing game, try an stop us playing with overly physical play. Being a northern York's club they will probably do just that.
    Will our ball playing heroes withstand a team of cloggers? I'm going for 2 - 2. Gudmonsson & JJ.

Not sure whether you've seen any games so far this season, AOG, but the current squad of lads are far less likely to be muscled off the ball than the last.

No lightweights like Reza now....

Mess with our lads and you have Messrs Bikey and Ben Haim to contend with.

• Options

It's all got to end in tears sometime.

1-1
  • Options
    Teams that win at home and draw away aren't going far wrong. I'd like to see a clean sheet this week. 0-0, perhaps.
  • Options
    I think we can win this one. 1-0 Addicks. Igor to score.
  • Options
    This game has the potential to what could be called a comfortable win for charlton...i think it depends more on huddersfield's uncertain start to the season and whether they can get their act together than it does on charlton's composed one as to how comfortable our win will be but to me a win looks more likely than any other result