Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Town vs Charlton Ath | Sat 23rd August 2014 | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure that Huddersfield will not lie down and wait for defeat. I am equally sure that Bob will send out a side with strength at the back and a threat up front, who are going there to win. Hard to call, so I won't, but I don't expect too many goals. I now move to my seat on the fence.
  • Options
    As I eluded to earlier in the thread, this game will be typical Charlton. We are understandably buoyant and Huddersfield have started pretty "meh" apart from a good win at Reading. Nailed on unlucky loss I reckon... BUT you never know with Big Bob and the Belgium revolution.
  • Options

Moussa to start instead of injured tucudean
    Gomez and pope to continue for injured solly and Henderson
    A lot depends on pope's confidence after Tuesdays blunder, reckon he will do ok, 1-2 charlton

Solly was only rested as he can't play 2 in a week. So can see him coming back. Bob seems to be giving Henderson as much time as possible to get fit so a chance he will play I reckon. My gut feel is that Tucudean will be fit, though having Moussa dropping in to fill the numbers in midfield would be no bad thing IMO.

• Options
    We look great going forward at the moment but can leak a goal too. I think it'll be tight but we'll grab a 1-2 win, last minute.
  • Options
    Us by 2 or more goals
  • Options
    According to a Huddersfield paper on the write up of the game, they have a picture of Damian Matthews and said it is BP. I think it will be same team as against Wigan, but with Pope in goal. We will win 0-2, I think it is about time Gudmundsson got one of those shots on target
  • Options
    We are away from home so I'll be grateful for a point if we can get it.

Anything better than that would be a welcome bonus.
  • Options
    I'm honestly expecting a draw or defeat.

Either 1-1 or 2-1 Hudders

Or we win 4-0
  • Options
    0-1 with jacko scoring the 89th minute winner
  • Options
    given their result midweek I think 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1, we never win 3 in a row (4 if you count Col U)
  • Options

Sooner or later teams are going to suss out our passing game, try an stop us playing with overly physical play. Being a northern York's club they will probably do just that.
    Will our ball playing heroes withstand a team of cloggers? I'm going for 2 - 2. Gudmonsson & JJ.

Not sure whether you've seen any games so far this season, AOG, but the current squad of lads are far less likely to be muscled off the ball than the last.

No lightweights like Reza now....

Mess with our lads and you have Messrs Bikey and Ben Haim to contend with.

Yes its great having monster-Bikey at centre-back, its true Vetokely although small (5ft 8" ?) is much stronger than Reza and a lot braver.

Hope your right but still think some teams will try to kick us off the ball.

P.S: Have seen all 4 games, went by boat to Brentford - great day out, was one of the few sober ones to step off the boat!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

According to a Huddersfield paper on the write up of the game, they have a picture of Damian Matthews and said it is BP. I think it will be same team as against Wigan, but with Pope in goal. We will win 0-2, I think it is about time Gudmundsson got one of those shots on target

I see they have now changed the picture
  • Options
    Hudd 1 - 3 Charl
  • Options
    There seems to be a lot going for a 4-0 away win (as if).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    0-2 to the mighty reds. Goals from Igor and Cap'n Jack-o.
  • Options
    Expected to win this so 2-0 defeat
  • Options
    Finally we get our Charlton back. 0-2.
  • Options
    C'mon Charlton lets stuff em, 3-0.
  • Options
    I hear you silentaddick,well see the signs your making 4-0. I hear you Dazzler21, your blinding, 0-4 but i think its going to be a hard fought draw 0-0 or 1-1 which will be fine in the progress of our team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A team that last season were no better or worse than Charlton as shown by the 4 results. We should in theory win this match and doubtless every Huddersfield fan will be expecting 3 points. Think we are due that first defeat and sadly this place has a habit of dishing out defeats, 3-1 to Huddersfield.
  • Options
    http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/john-robinson-goal-vs-huddersfield-town/

Just can't stop thinking about this one....

We are gonna win, and we are gonna start being recognised as "serious" and then under the guidance of Bob Peeters we will keep driving forward until after 10 games we are looking like "proper contenders"

I know all this to be true...

• Options
    Looking forward to the game. My son's company have a box at Huddersfield which we will take advantage of later. It seems as though there is a definate mentality shift in the team this season and I hope to come away after a great team performance and a point or three would be a fantastic result.
  • Options
    First game of the season for me and I'm probably more excited for it than a 41 year old should be. Having heard some of the praise being heaped on Bob and the boys I'm hopeful that we won't be just trying to nick a point and I'll see something special in the making.

0-2 Charlton.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/john-robinson-goal-vs-huddersfield-town/

Just can't stop thinking about this one....

We are gonna win, and we are gonna start being recognised as "serious" and then under the guidance of Bob Peeters we will keep driving forward until after 10 games we are looking like "proper contenders"

I know all this to be true...

Source ?

• Options
    1-3 Charlton. Wells for Hudds, Gudmunsson , Ventokele (2) with second half response. We go second, unfortunately Millwall go top.
  • Options
    Been a fan for too long to expect too much. 1-1.
  • Options
    Anyone know if it's available on line?
  • Options
    First league game this season where Ive thought beforehand that we should win. So we will probably get stuffed.