Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

As a Club, you are better than this

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

Always had a soft spot for Charlton, consistent diving and your number 6 in particular (there were more) going out of there way to influence a sending off. Simply disappointing.

Good turn out from your fans and a reality superb match ruined by officials too quick to be influenced.

As for the disallowed goal we had, the ref (again) bought your keepers theatrics.

You do look a good side though, playing some good stuff in places.

Can anyone make sense of this?
    he's another closet addick.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Still bitter after their 7-6 capitulatuon

He should be looking on the bright side. After that famous game began the world record unbeaten run that lasted 70 odd years...
  • Options

se9addick said:

Still bitter after their 7-6 capitulatuon

He should be looking on the bright side. After that famous game began the world record unbeaten run that lasted 70 odd years...
    Come on, it's not often a team can stay unbeaten for two seasons in the league (excluding matches that are in the playoffs, played midweek, away from home or immediately preceding a full moon). Quite an achievement.
  • Options
    you're too respectful Leedsbased
    i'd be saying you jammy spawny southern twunts, with your miniscule non league like away support and bunch of diving johnny foreigners cheating your way to a point , pretty much like we cried when we played watford
  • Options
    Thanks sweetheart
  • Options
    Cheers LBTF. My mrs is a hudders fan and was gutted when we met up after game as she was in the home end. Had to hide my obvious delight at the late equaliser. All the best for the rest of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well earned point, hope the fans that travelled (Internet trolls / keyboard warriors aside) have a safe journey home and a well earned pint when you get back. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Ignore 'em mate.

It must've been quite a sting at the end of the game - but we're under no illusions that we got lucky today. Even Bobby Peeters said it.

Hope you get a good manager in soon and your season picks up. You're a decent club and one I've got a bit of soft spot for. If you get Mr. Powell in then I'm sure a large number of our fans will be keeping an eye out for you!

Good luck!

• Options

Who sits in the stadium and is sad enough to go on to another team's forum and make a thread, while the game is still in play? Odd.

OperationPig?
    Fancy bringing me into it, oh and I'd never post whilst watching a game, that's kind of geeky and anorak style if you ask me.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Thing is LesBiTran fan, I get the impression that in the 56 years you've been following Town, you are probably outraged by a ref or opposition performance a good 40 times a season !

"LesBiTran"? Is that supposed to be funny? I find it just plain offensive. Would you write (ecited) fan?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Always had a soft spot for Charlton, consistent diving and your number 6 in particular (there were more) going out of there way to influence a sending off. Simply disappointing.

Good turn out from your fans and a reality superb match ruined by officials too quick to be influenced.

As for the disallowed goal we had, the ref (again) bought your keepers theatrics.

You do look a good side though, playing some good stuff in places.

Can anyone make sense of this?
    Put in the missing apostrophe in "keeper's".
  • Options

Well earned point, hope the fans that travelled (Internet trolls / keyboard warriors aside) have a safe journey home and a well earned point when you get back. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Fixed that for you.
    Cheers though, til next we meet.

• Options

Who sits in the stadium and is sad enough to go on to another team's forum and make a thread, while the game is still in play? Odd.

OperationPig?
    Fancy bringing me into it, oh and I'd never post whilst watching a game, that's kind of geeky and anorak style if you ask me.
    Well you have been knocking about on here for a while now, maybe it's rubbing off on you
  • Options
    LBTF - I thought your team played well today and were unlucky not to win. Thought your man was right to be sent off but I was too far way to judge if one of ours should have received similar treatment. In the end we won a draw by some excellent management and a very good striker.
    See you again in the Cup?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hope the divings not true, but have some sympathy for the lad - we've all been there :(. Don't mind Huddersfield, seem an okay team, no animosity here.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    problem is, most Charlton fans have (recent) memories of being clogged and kicked off the park every time we go to 'Udd (remember the Kay tackle on Waggy, i think, a couple of seasons ago), and today sounds no different, so, dont have any time for them at all- hope they get relegated, the norvern scumbags.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't know these norvern types were so sensitive to play acting, diving, time wasting and thuggery in football matches. They must watch another game to the rest of us. Weird!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    LBTF - are you, by any chance, Geraldine the Huddersfield fan who called into 606 earlier this evening?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/606
    scroll down to "play recent episodes" and skip to 51:30...
  • Options

OperationPig?
    You have to be as happy as we are at your start to season too :)
  • Options

Well earned point, hope the fans that travelled (Internet trolls / keyboard warriors aside) have a safe journey home and a well earned pint when you get back. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Schizo?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Schizo?
    Not if you read his/ her posts carefully Dizzee- just unhappy at the outcome and giving an opinion i would estimate. Always been an interesting contributor here, LBTF, and hoping that continues.
  • Options

LBTF - are you, by any chance, Geraldine the Huddersfield fan who called into 606 earlier this evening?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/606
    scroll down to "play recent episodes" and skip to 51:30...

Rhodes is as good as Giroud lol
  • Options
    "As per my original post, rather than be critical of Charlton players, I think we need to wise up a little. This is championship football and if you can't beat them join them "

Perhaps you've hit the nail on the head there LbTf. Being nice little Charlton is not going to see us promoted.
  • Options
    Frankly, I don't want to be the club that everyone else has a soft spot for. It's tiresome. I want to be loathed and hated. I'm fed up with being Mr Nice Guy.

I want our team to be nasty and win things whatever it takes. If we modelled our game on the style of a 1970s Leeds Utd and everyone hated us and the fact we rolled them over week after week, I'd be more than happy.
  • Options
    I don't know about `loathed', `hated' and `nasty'.