Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

As a Club, you are better than this

124»

Comments

• Options
    I would like to bump in to that referee, preferably somewhere quiet with nobody else about and no CCTV:

http://mobile.htafc.com/news/article/first-team-news-wallace-red-appeal-1869501.aspx
  • Options

I would like to bump in to that referee, preferably somewhere quiet with nobody else about and no CCTV:

http://mobile.htafc.com/news/article/first-team-news-wallace-red-appeal-1869501.aspx

Why? Has he got come stamps you need ?
  • Options
    LeedsbasedTownfan
    It could be worse. It could've been that Kettle fella. Going by how upset you are at his performance on sat, suggests you don't get many bad refs up there too often. Lucky you................
  • Options
    When Igor first had his hand/arm grabbed for the sending off, the so called covering player was behind the pair of them. It was a sending off by the rules I'm afraid.
  • Options
    The rules don't state "last man", only "denying a goalscoring opportunity" anyway.

Wells fouled Pope. It was soft but it was a foul, and the red card was a red card. Don't think anyone can argue the penalty though.
  • Options
    Nah, the penalty was a new definition of stonewall. It would still have had to be scored mind.
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights on Player, two correct decisions by the ref and one not.

Definate foul on Pope but he was a lucky guy to get away with that mistake.

Sending off 100% correct decision, so blatant by their CB, not sure how it could not be called a goalscoring chance when Igor had already had the better of them twice & neither of the other two defenders were directly in front of him.

They should have had that penalty though, Ben Haim did not even try to disguise a blatant clumsy push.
  • Options

LeedsbasedTownfan
    It could be worse. It could've been that Kettle fella. Going by how upset you are at his performance on sat, suggests you don't get many bad refs up there too often. Lucky you................

Being honest, referees are not often the topic of post-match conversation (that was saved for pouring over the latest set of disastrous tactics and performances under Robins) so no, I guess we don't get too many bad ones to be honest. Yes, you get some decisions for and some against you, that's how it goes.

That Guy on Saturday though, just ridiculous, an absolute farce and wrong. If your entire Team had gang-raped Vaughan in the penalty area, he would have stated that Vaughan was asking for it and no offence had been committed. Your number 6 didn't help and didn't cover himself in glory the way he helped with the red card by really harassing the ref.

On a separate note, word on the street is Powell is our new Manager in waiting, thoughts?.........

• Options

LeedsbasedTownfan

Being honest, referees are not often the topic of post-match conversation (that was saved for pouring over the latest set of disastrous tactics and performances under Robins) so no, I guess we don't get too many bad ones to be honest. Yes, you get some decisions for and some against you, that's how it goes.

That Guy on Saturday though, just ridiculous, an absolute farce and wrong. If your entire Team had gang-raped Vaughan in the penalty area, he would have stated that Vaughan was asking for it and no offence had been committed. Your number 6 didn't help and didn't cover himself in glory the way he helped with the red card by really harassing the ref.

On a separate note, word on the street is Powell is our new Manager in waiting, thoughts?.........

As long as you do not finish above us, I hope he does well for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LeedsbasedTownfan

Great bloke, couldn't be nicer. Players should run through a brick wall for him.
    However, tactically not the best. Possibly too defensive, lacking imagination and waits too long to make changes.
    However, the above is based on a poor squad to choose from.
    If he has a good squad, it could all be very different.
  • Options
    Thoughts on Chris Powell.
    Still young, still gaining experience, tougher than he looks, shrewder than he seems, and especially good at creating a team ethic. Willing to learn, but monumental experience to draw on, sweats integrity and exudes warmth. If Huddersfield Town want those qualities then hire Chris, and give him the Jordan Rhodes sell on money, you could do a lot worse...like Billy Davis for one.
  • Options
    Back him and I reckon he'll do a good job.

Bradford vs Huddersfield - the battle of the ex Charlton managers.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys, he has some quality at his disposal and Lillis has got the Team enjoying their football again and only a minor point, but playing in their natural positions!.

I like the sound of the 'Team ethic' and 'walking though walls' bit as Lillis has started this process after Robins destroyed it so we need this to continue when the new Man walks through the door.

The defensive bit, can't work out if this is good or bad for us. We have an abundance of good attacking options ( which I don't want to stifle) but are vulnerable at the back so Powell could perhaps address this.............
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I know it's a bit of a stretch and I don't think he'll be up for the Man U job any time soon but I would compare his team's style of play to a less accomplished David Moyes style.

Admittedly not the prettiest football out there but his team will be built from the back and you shouldn't find yourself shipping too many goals.

His away record was also very impressive, especially when put into context alongside the home record and I might be wrong but I believe that two seasons ago our defensive record was one of the best in the league alongside the likes of Cardiff and Brighton.
  • Options

First you talk about gang rape now you wanna bump into the ref when there's no CCTV around...
  • Options
    Powell would keep you up with your squad, no question. As to whether he would/could get you any higher the jury is out for me, he's never had a properly competitive squad at Champ level so would be an unknown quantity. That said, he'll get the squad unified without a doubt.
  • Options
    A good motivator, builds relationships with players but has his favourites who are undroppable. Not the most tactically astute during play but sets teams up well pre match and at half time. will be interesting to see how he performs with another managers players as he did not do too well with Parkies and seven loanees, however once he had his own players we stormed League 1.

Good luck to him.

• Options
    Let's hope whoever pays his wages offers no opinion on anything or you'll need a toy catcher at first slip.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Let's hope whoever pays his wages offers no opinion on anything or you'll need a toy catcher at first slip.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    PL54 said:

Or translated...
    Let us hope that he is not told to play players who are not of a good enough standard for the Championship (which is then backed up by other mangers) and sticks to his principles by refusing to play them even if this means that he is signing his own P45 by doing so.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

PL54 said:

Or translated...
    Let us hope that he is not told to play players who are not of a good enough standard for the Championship (which is then backed up by other mangers) and sticks to his principles by refusing to play them even if this means that he is signing his own P45 by doing so.
    Don't bite; it feeds off that.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

PL54 said:

Or translated...
    Don't bite.
    Oops...
  • Options
    Give Powell some cash and he will spend it very well, for us Kermy, Wiggins, Morrison, Hamer, Stephens...all fantastic purchases given how much he spent. In addition, if rumours are true he had lined up the likes of Aluko, Quinn and Baldock the year we were promoted only to have the rug pulled. I can only think of Green who we paid a fee for and didn't really work out but even he had his moments in League One.

Some fans will pick on the failed signings like Church but that was when we did not have a pot to piss in and he had to just get cheap, freebies in.

He did have defensive tactics and it would be good to see him be more positive in his attacking but he was a defender so he is always likely to think defence first. His substitutions were sometimes late but certainly for the last 2 years we didn't really have anyone on the bench who was worth bringing on.

Reckon he will do well for you.

Personally he is also the nicest man who has a rare integrity not often found in football.