Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton post match views 2014/15

Comments

• Options
    Anybody know the attendance and how many we had up there?
  • Options
    soapboxsam Member
    August 22
    I hear you silentaddick,well see the signs your making 4-0. I hear you Dazzler21, your blinding, 0-4 but i think its going to be a hard fought draw 0-0 or 1-1 which will be fine in the progress of our team.

my son who was there said we mugged them. Last season we would have lost that type of game. At home or away.
  • Options
    A lucky point by the sound of things, but that's how things go sometimes.

I would imagine Bob will be slightly concerned that we've get to keep a clean sheet in 4 league games so far
  • Options
    It's a good sign that you can have an off day (which it sounded like we did have) and still get something out of a game. This is a different Charlton we have now.

And Igor is some player. He scored the goal and it was his chaos that created the red card.

It sounds like Gud/JJ/Buyens had off days but can't always tell by listening. It'll be interesting to hear from those that were there.

A great result at the end of the day and still unbeaten. This season is going to be very interesting.

Onwards and upwards. COYR!!!!!
  • Options
    Sounds like a game we would definitely have lost in past years but we have a proper goal poacher so decent point in the end

Well done the lads and all those that travelled
  • Options
    Sign of a good team when we don't play particularly well but still don't lose. Still gelling and that's a good point against a team buzzing from beating reading midweek. Well done to igor again! On to the next one...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Anybody know the attendance and how many we had up there?

11,333 (432 away)
  • Options
    Rob said:

It's a good sign that you can have an off day (which it sounded like we did have) and still get something out of a game. This is a different Charlton we have now.

And Igor is some player. He scored the goal and it was his chaos that created the red card.

It sounds like Gud/JJ/Buyens had off days but can't always tell by listening. It'll be interesting to hear from those that were there.

A great result at the end of the day and still unbeaten. This season is going to be very interesting.

Onwards and upwards. COYR!!!!!

Yes would be good to hear if it was 'an off day' as people have been mentioning. I'm still 100% positive that the performance against Derby shows we have enough talent to have a decent season.

I'd have bitten your hand off if you offered me this after 4 games with all those new players. For me we def need another forward. I don't know how he played when he came on, but the thought of having Church still knocking around isn't great. One more forward would be a real plus.

Also think BP will be the sort of manager to let them know the performance wasn't up to scratch.

Also happy in the manner in which and when we're getting these goals. Last minute equalisers/winners are great for the confidence. Roll on Saturday and well done to the team so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It just proves what a great goal poacher can do. As others have said we would have lost this game in the past.
    Reminds me of Huddersfield when they had Rhodes, played poorly but always kept the games within a goal and then up would pop Rhodes at the end and draw or win them the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Delighted to nick a point.
    Nice one Igor - a proper striker at last !
    Well done lads.

BUT ONE GUY WAS HAPPIER THAN US :

sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9436833/50p-punter-scoops-draw-jackpot
  • Options

Was there. Will try to cover everything but no doubt I won't. We really didn't deserve to get anything from that game, too much sideways passing and not enough urgency against a very compact Huddersfield side. From nearly all freekicks we were laying it off and trying to create space, just ended up going backwards. Quite worrying that we didn't seem to have an answer to their defending. Their red card was very harsh but Igor did brilliantly to create the chance. Their disallowed goal was correct, striker just bumped into Pope and knocked him over. Correct call. We were also very lucky not to concede a pen very late on. Vaughan cut inside TBH and was simply barged over. Very easily given. Brilliant feeling to get a point in the way that we did.

Pope - very nervous early on but grew into the game and got it together. One outstanding save.

The back 4 were all poor today. Still seem to be gelling together but that's to be expected after only 4 league games.

Same with midfield, Cousins had quite a poor game and it was his mistake that led to their goal. Buyens still looks very good technically but had an off day. Jacko pretty quiet but definitely needed in the team today, not sure we would've scraped that point without him.

Tucudean still failing to make a mark on me, but his finish last week obviously shows that there is a player in there. Igor is an out and out goalscorer and I'm very confident he will get 15/20 goals this season.

Well worth the trip for that celebration in the away end.

So it sounds as though most of team were poor/below average but still came away with a point. Bodes well.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just seen the highlights on Sky. The sending off looked a bit harsh, although he did have hold of an arm so there's no defence really. Their goal came from a low cross in a very similar position to the McManaman goal the other day and was similarly poorly defended. This time Cousins, Ben Haim, Bikey and one other (Solly?) all looked like they had a chance to stop it with with a bit better positioning or by reacting a little quicker. Vetokele looked really sharp for our goal - he took it really well. Pleased to know that there's obviously some spirit there.
  • Options
    This is always a tight fixture and a win is usually only decided by the odd goal. Add to that the fact that we often struggle against 10 men and I think overall we should be happy we walked away with a point. Unbeaten in 4 and 5th in the table. Yes it's early days, but there's cause for optimism.
  • Options
    Probably don't get many Terry Pratchett fans on CL; but for those that are "We have an Igor!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's easy to get negative about our performance today, but last year these were the types of game we would have seen heads go down and lost.
    Again, Big Bob continued to galvanise them and he made all the right substitutions and went for broke with effectively 5 attackers at the end.
    The support today was brilliant.
    Still need 2 more additions, hopefully left-sided where we came up short today. Rhoys needs to up his game and we need back-up for Jordan.
    That's 2 Saturdays on the trot I've gone mental in added-on time. I'll take that!
  • Options
    Tell you what, I bet Huddersfield fans are absolutely gutted tonight, trust me I felt this way on Tuesday night.
  • Options

It's easy to get negative about our performance today, but last year these were the types of game we would have seen heads go down and lost.
    Again, Big Bob continued to galvanise them and he made all the right substitutions and went for broke with effectively 5 attackers at the end.
    Still need 2 more additions, hopefully left-sided where we came up short today. Rhoys needs to up his game and we need back-up for Jordan.
    That's 2 Saturdays on the trot I've gone mental in added-on time. I'll take that!

Surely it's worth giving Harriott a run on the left?
  • Options

Tell you what, I bet Huddersfield fans are absolutely gutted tonight, trust me I felt this way on Tuesday night.

Cheers Colin
  • Options
    But the result must also suit Huddersfield. They keep their undefeated record!
  • Options
    Looks like Bobs celebrations are getting up other managers noses, Hudds caretaker says we celebrated like we had won the championship ... long may it last
  • Options
    For those who were there, how did Pope do?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Surely it's worth giving Harriott a run on the left?
    Yes, but I'd sort out the problem of left back first.