Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton post match views 2014/15

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry Viewfinder but you come over as a bit of a know all. Ever played/coached the game? Just curious because you seem to know a lot. Or is that just hot air from 'indignant in Tunbridge Wells'.
  • Options
    Good point Rob, but when has knowing nothing ever stopped anybody from posting on here?
  • Options
    jac52 said:

Good to read that about Igor and shows the difference having a bit of cash can make as he is obviously a class above what we've been used to. Think he's our biggest transfer fee since relegation from the prem and this rate he'll be worth a few Bob more in a couple of years. Still only 22 as well.
    Hard to know, given the uncertainty around fees, but if Igor Vetokele was £2.4m then Luke Varney at £2.5m was more.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Nice to keep that unbeaten run going, my first game of the season next week at Brighton and i'm taking my son who's never seen us win away in about 10 attempts so reality will return next week.
    Great flick on by Bikey and sharpness in Igor, that was shown in his youtube stuff , for that finish .
    Above the scum an added bonus and palace bottom two

0.5% top two.........8.5% 3rd-6th.......... 45% 7th-12th.........46% 13th-21st......... 0% Relegation

@oohaahmortimer‌ how do you get these percentages?
    i go in to one of the most accurate footballing thought boxes ever known to man and retrieve those percentages ...... just my thoughts on things ;-)
    There must be a formula, are you willing to share;-)
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Nice to keep that unbeaten run going, my first game of the season next week at Brighton and i'm taking my son who's never seen us win away in about 10 attempts so reality will return next week.
    Great flick on by Bikey and sharpness in Igor, that was shown in his youtube stuff , for that finish .

0.5% top two.........8.5% 3rd-6th.......... 45% 7th-12th.........46% 13th-21st......... 0% Relegation

i go in to one of the most accurate footballing thought boxes ever known to man and retrieve those percentages ...... just my thoughts on things ;-)
    Ooh aah is a graduate of the well known Intestinal Mathematical School.

Gut feeling some call it....
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Good point Rob, but when has knowing nothing ever stopped anybody from posting on here?

You have a good point there Del :-)
  • Options

Nerves can be a terrible thing, can really hold someone back.

Pope does look a mess, seems to have good ability and a good build for a goalie, but he really, really looks uncomfortable, has to be down to nerves. Hopefully Bob or someone else in the squad can get some confidence in him.

Would probably help if we cheered Pope on a bit if he starts again next week as daft as it may sound. Would be better than cheering on Wilson repeatdely, still don't get why we cheer on Wilson when he's warming up on the sidelines while the team are playing..

Of course you are absolutely right about Nick Pope: he was in tears on Tuesday night. A good old pro keeper would help our defence, Pope himself, and us fans who know, love and fear Charlie Wright.

Another thing that needs improving: Tucudean and Vetokele are static off the ball. Watch them. Our defender has possession, looks up with intent, plays a ten-yard pass to midfield and receives a backward hospital ball by way of thanks. Another example: We have a free-kick forty yards from goal - and everything is frozen, dead. Even the birds have stopped singing. It takes ages for us to retrieve the ball itself - were are 0-0, remember - then place it exactly, puff out the cheeks, look and see, check with the manager, kick heels, and...

We have lost the momentum that got us the advantage in the first place. Excellent strikers, Paul Walsh, for example, move back in to midfield to receive the ball, then turn and attack. Tucudean and Vetokele should be coached to move back and forth: they are not static targets to be fired at on the artillery range on Gravesend marshes.
    What is it with you and Paul Walsh, VF?
    Pure undiluted admiration. Tucudean's receive, swivel and run for the pen on Tuesday night was superb - Walshy himself would applaud.

But Tucudean is injured. So, who would you have as his replacement? Callum Harriott? Joe Pigott?

Precisely.

Have Moussa and Church been sold already?

• Options
    Viewfinder - You keep mentioning players from yesteryear, are you old enough, like me, to have watched them, or have you a collection of old videos. I can pick out players and moments from the last 50 years that feel me with pleasure, but I can also remember moments that make me sad. Comparing now to then is OK, but is never a true comparison.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Pope does look a mess, seems to have good ability and a good build for a goalie, but he really, really looks uncomfortable, has to be down to nerves. Hopefully Bob or someone else in the squad can get some confidence in him.

Would probably help if we cheered Pope on a bit if he starts again next week as daft as it may sound. Would be better than cheering on Wilson repeatdely, still don't get why we cheer on Wilson when he's warming up on the sidelines while the team are playing..

Of course you are absolutely right about Nick Pope: he was in tears on Tuesday night. A good old pro keeper would help our defence, Pope himself, and us fans who know, love and fear Charlie Wright.

Another thing that needs improving: Tucudean and Vetokele are static off the ball. Watch them. Our defender has possession, looks up with intent, plays a ten-yard pass to midfield and receives a backward hospital ball by way of thanks. Another example: We have a free-kick forty yards from goal - and everything is frozen, dead. Even the birds have stopped singing. It takes ages for us to retrieve the ball itself - were are 0-0, remember - then place it exactly, puff out the cheeks, look and see, check with the manager, kick heels, and...

We have lost the momentum that got us the advantage in the first place. Excellent strikers, Paul Walsh, for example, move back in to midfield to receive the ball, then turn and attack. Tucudean and Vetokele should be coached to move back and forth: they are not static targets to be fired at on the artillery range on Gravesend marshes.
    What is it with you and Paul Walsh, VF?
    Pure undiluted admiration. Tucudean's receive, swivel and run for the pen on Tuesday night was superb - Walshy himself would applaud.

But Tucudean is injured. So, who would you have as his replacement? Callum Harriott? Joe Pigott?

Precisely.

Have Moussa and Church been sold already?

In fairness, Moussa is more of a midfielder and Church is... Church. On the other hand I can see Pigott developing nicely under Big Bob's tutelage and I wouldn't be surprised if he's in and around the first 11 by the end of the season at least.
  • Options

jac52 said:

Good to read that about Igor and shows the difference having a bit of cash can make as he is obviously a class above what we've been used to. Think he's our biggest transfer fee since relegation from the prem and this rate he'll be worth a few Bob more in a couple of years. Still only 22 as well.
    Hard to know, given the uncertainty around fees, but if Igor Vetokele was £2.4m then Luke Varney at £2.5m was more.
    Reckon Pardew was mugged off with that deal whereas from the early signs Igor is great value at that price!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JonnyK said:

jac52 said:

Reckon Pardew was mugged off with that deal whereas from the early signs Igor is great value at that price!
    I do not know all transfer dealings but Pardew is not the only manager who thinks Varney is worth buying
  • Options
    ross1 said:

JonnyK said:

jac52 said:

I do not know all transfer dealings but Pardew is not the only manager who thinks Varney is worth buying
    And many have considered him worth loaning or worth selling ;-)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Ooh aah is a graduate of the well known Intestinal Mathematical School.

Gut feeling some call it....
    I'm always interested into how people can reach such conclusions though. Is it based on players ratings, shots on goal, player values?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

JonnyK said:

jac52 said:

Had Derby not signed Varney before Clough took over, he wouldn't have gone there.
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights.

Defo a foul on Pope for wells disallowed goal. Wells hardly even complained. Blatant foul on Vaughan so should have been a pen but nice to see a decision go our way for once.

Defo a sending off for the pull back/trip of igor. From the highlights Pope had some shockers but also pulled off some great saves.

Igor is a proper goal scorer. Even his disallowed goal was class.
  • Options
    Main thing for me is that it looks like Igor has quality, agility, strength and scores goals from scraps. Long season of course but if he keeps this up those who put money on him for top champ scorer may well be in with a chance.

Couple more signings needed in midfield and up front and we'll be testing the favorites.
  • Options
    Typical of us V ten men, first half was even with us slightly edging possession, second half we left gaps for them as we pushed forward too much, Solly had his worst game I've seen since 4-0 v Millwall (still f*ckin quality though).
    Sort of game we'd of lost last season so a good point in all, would like to see Morro given a game over Bikey V Brighton, although great assist from Bikey.
    Another forward needed if we are to continue with this formation, or maybe start Moussa next game.
  • Options

Just seen the highlights.

Defo a foul on Pope for wells disallowed goal. Wells hardly even complained. Blatant foul on Vaughan so should have been a pen but nice to see a decision go our way for once.

Defo a sending off for the pull back/trip of igor. From the highlights Pope had some shockers but also pulled off some great saves.

Igor is a proper goal scorer. Even his disallowed goal was class.

er - not even the football league think it was a sending off, it's been rescinded, something that happens about once in a hundred appeals.
    http://www.htafc.com/news/article/first-team-news-wallace-red-appeal-1869501.aspx
  • Options
    Echoing what a lot have said on here already. Pope looked terrified at the start but settled down after that great save. Seemed to grow in confidence with us all chanting his name too. Thought we were a different class to last season, passes actually going to where they were intended and we never looked panicked. The moment when our goal went in and silenced the Town fans was fantastic.
    Thought our support was excellent too. Out sung the Town fans for most of the game.
    Those new 'newspaper style' 'One covers two game' programmes were poor though!
  • Options
    Programmes are no longer fashionable. Many clubs will do away with them in the future & produce something else like Hudds did.

PS you can all thank me & covered end junior for the point, not Peters, Bikey or Igor.

I was following the match thread on here from the start and at 85 mins, cej told me to "come away". So I did as told and popped out for 10 mins. Hey presto !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Programmes are no longer fashionable. Many clubs will do away with them in the future & produce something else like Hudds did.

PS you can all thank me & covered end junior for the point, not Peters, Bikey or Igor.

I was following the match thread on here from the start and at 85 mins, cej told me to "come away". So I did as told and popped out for 10 mins. Hey presto !

Ditto tonight, please, CE.

• Options

Tucudean did turn pick up the ball from midfield last tuesday and run at the derby defence which in fact won us a penalty against run of play?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Tucudean did turn pick up the ball from midfield last tuesday and run at the derby defence which in fact won us a penalty against run of play?
    Also, to call Vetokele static is a quite remarkable assessment. Maybe when he decides to get moving a little he will improve his current ratio of a goal every game.
  • Options

Also, to call Vetokele static is a quite remarkable assessment. Maybe when he decides to get moving a little he will improve his current ratio of a goal every game.
  • Options
    Igor's disallowed goal was perfectly fine. He was onside. Would've made it 1-0 to us, so where are all the bitter Huddersfield fans now? Still think we were paying the ref? image