Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alcorcon - a perspective from Madrid

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    3-2 Alcorcon, David Rodríguez 82nd Minute
  • Options
    What was I thinking. I mean legends! 2-3
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Great goal from David Rodríguez to make it 3-2. Has been a very watchable game with both sides really going for it.
  • Options
    Final score 3-2 Alcorcon and an impressive start to the season.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Alcorcon won an entertaining Sunday night televised game 3-2 away at the recently promoted but historically strong Albacete (in La Liga as recently as 2011).

The game was played at a quick pace with both sides looking to attack wherever possible. Alcorcon were well-organised and took advantage of a defensive mistake in the 81st minute to score the winning goal. The player scores from Marca are below, with ex-Brighton striker and double scorer David Rodríguez named man of the match.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    1. Falcón 6
    24. Nagore 6
    22. Charlie Dean 6
    4. Verdes 5
    23. A. Sánchez 4
    21. Plano 6 (14. Rey 75 mins 5)
    10. Mora 6 (15 Mayor 50 mins 5)
    8. Ruben Sanz 6
    16. Bellvis 7
    7. D. Rodríguez 9 ( 17. Fausto 83 mins -)
    18. A. Martínez 6

Attendance 7000.
  • Options
    Thanks CM - much appreciated and interesting.
    At this rate, you'll be getting a season ticket next !
  • Options
    Cheers! Will get down there when I can but it is a bit of a trek from central Madrid. Planning to renew my season ticket for 4th division Puerta Bonita (relegated last year from 3rd), my local team. Only 30 euros for the year!
  • Options
    Charlie Dean doesn't sound very Spanish!
  • Options

Cheers! Will get down there when I can but it is a bit of a trek from central Madrid. Planning to renew my season ticket for 4th division Puerta Bonita (relegated last year from 3rd), my local team. Only 30 euros for the year!

I doubt you'll make the mistake I made, but just in case I'll share my experience. My two sons and I went to the Real v Barca game last March and decided to take in Alcorcon v Real Jaen on the Saturday afternoon. We were a bit too relaxed and, in part due to demonstrations in the centre of Madrid that afternoon, we only arrived at the Ground ten minutes before KO. We were too late. It was sold out!! Given that experience, you might want to get tickets in advance, especially if they have a better season.

We took a taxi to Alcorcon and the Metro back. The Metro was a much better bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The obvious question whether you think any of the Alcorcon players have the quality to upgrade themselves in the network by coming to us....?
  • Options
    David Rodríguez looked very good and scored his 49th and 50th goal at this level. He didn't have a particularly good time at Brighton last year though it seems.
  • Options

Charlie Dean doesn't sound very Spanish!

He's the English kid that someone posted a link on earlier. Played for Grimsby!
  • Options
    what was the crowd and more importantly to some, the away following?

what are the crowds like in Spanish 2nd tier?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Newspaper said 7000, website 7500 for attendance but both clearly estimates as often happens. Looked like there were a small but passionate group of Alcorcon fans there, maybe 50 or so. Not really much of a culture of away support here. I was at Real v Atlético last week at the Bernabeu and there were only about 200 Atlético fans (though they made more noise than the rest of the stadium combined! )

Attendances in the second level here are pretty varied. Highest in first weekend was 12332 at Las Palmas v Llagostera, lowest was 3120 for Mirandes v Lugo. I imagine when Real Betis play at home it will be the biggest crowd by some distance.

Alcorcon are at home against Gerona this Saturday night 9pm kick off in Spain. Will keep the board updated about any news I hear from here!
  • Options
    Match highlights below, though annoyingly missing the winning goal:

Resumen de Albacete Balompié (2-3) AD Alcorcón - …: http://youtu.be/C5Xlp4_gvTI

• Options
    Transfer deadline day update: three new signings for Alcorcon but none from or to any of the network clubs.

Bobley Anderson (Ivory Coast) on loan from Málaga is the headline grabber. Also picked up the goalkeeper Javi Jiménez from Levante and the Uruguayan Guichon from a Uruguayan club.

Official presentation for these players took place in an Irish bar in Alcorcon!  
  • Options

Transfer deadline day update: three new signings for Alcorcon but none from or to any of the network clubs.

Bobley Anderson (Ivory Coast) on loan from Málaga is the headline grabber. Also picked up the goalkeeper Javi Jiménez from Levante and the Uruguayan Guichon from a Uruguayan club.

Official presentation for these players took place in an Irish bar in Alcorcon!  

I thought Bobley was a typo til i googled him !
    Cheers CM.
  • Options
    Presentación en Silbury´s de jugadores A.D Alcorc…: http://youtu.be/N3S6ZiEcTNM

Nice little video of the new players' presentation with some good footage of the Santo Domingo stadium.

• Options
    Knocked out of the Copa del Rey 1-0 against Lugo in the week so no chance of money-spinning big tie against La Liga team when they enter in the next round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice little introduction to the team and stadium, but written before the RD takeover. The website is great generally for fans of Spanish football, with pages on the big teams/grounds and the more obscure ones.

http://www.estadiosdeespana.com/posts/alcorcon-municipal-santo-domingo/
  • Options

Not really much of a culture of away support here.
    Perhaps Charlton should relocate :-)

• Options
    Biggest game of the season so far tomorrow, at home to the neighbouring city in south Madrid of Leganes. Quite a lot of hype about this so hopefully a full house and a good result. On free TV again so that might bring in some revenue, though may also affect the attendance.
  • Options
    When is the game CM?
  • Options
    6pm Spanish time tomorrow. Looks like it will be a full house so will be watching it on TV.
  • Options
    Up to 11th after a 1-0 win over Leganés. 4500 fans at the Santo Domingo stadium.
  • Options
    Stripey Alcorcon Nigels
  • Options
    Won 2-0 last night at home to Llagostera, both goals from David Rodríguez who is one of the top scorers in the league now. Up to 9th in the table overnight but there are a few other games today.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Beat Lugo last night to go back up to 9th, one point behind Real Betis in 6th place and the play-offs.

Only 2347 at the Santo Domingo stadium last night, the lowest attendance in the league this weekend.
  • Options
    Another one nil win today, away to Racing Santander. Alcorcón are on a decent run and right in the playoff mix now.