Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alcorcon - a perspective from Madrid

Comments

• Options
    Poor run is continuing. Currently losing 2-1 at home to the bottom club Albacete and haven't won in the previous five games. Failure to get anything out of this game will leave Alcorcón five points off the last playoff place and down to mid-table, depending on other results.
  • Options
    Lost 3-2 at home to bottom club. Expect RD to sack the coach. I wonder if any out of work Belgian managers might fancy a move to Madrid?
  • Options

Lost 3-2 at home to bottom club. Expect RD to sack the coach. I wonder if any out of work Belgian managers might fancy a move to Madrid?

What's Bob Peeters Spanish like?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

What's Bob Peeters Spanish like?
    Probably better than Luzon's English.
  • Options
    Lost 3 - 0 to Girona today. Fans have got to be hacked off now as it's been an abysmal recent run, much like Charlton. Will have a look at what the fans are saying, but surely it is time up for the manager.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Drew two all last night at home to Mirandés after being two nil down with less than twenty minutes left.

In ninth position today but will probably go down a bit after today's games.

Have been looking at some message boards and the fans' frustration is directed towards the manager and the negative style; with no mention of RD as far as I can see. Will keep looking and will see what else they are saying.

RD's involvement at Alcorcón seems to be more inscrutable than at Charlton or Standard. No changing the manager, bringing in loan players or seemingly any Katrien equivalent as spokesperson. Maybe he just fancied a summer home in Spain.
  • Options
    How did RD acquire Alcorcon ?
  • Options
    He paid 24 million euros to become the main shareholder last January. It still seems like a strange investment for a club that attracted barely 1000 fans to last night's home game.
  • Options
    24 mill???? is that documented? That's way more than he is said to have paid for Charlton. WTF?
  • Options
    Will check that. Remember reading it once. Might have the figure wrong!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    24m is a lot for a club in Spain's second tier, promotion to La Liga doesn't bring anything like the riches that promotion to England's top flight does.
  • Options
    Not only that, it would take an enormous investment to get them up, and their fanbase would probably not increase sufficiently to make it worthwhile. An equal outfit are Eibar in the basque country, who dont get much more than 5,000 at home.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

24m is a lot for a club in Spain's second tier, promotion to La Liga doesn't bring anything like the riches that promotion to England's top flight does.

This is the very reason why I don't understand Us being a feeder club for SL in this "network", surely it would make more sense to have the other clubs as Our feeder clubs.
  • Options
    brogib said:

se9addick said:

This is the very reason why I don't understand Us being a feeder club for SL in this "network", surely it would make more sense to have the other clubs as Our feeder clubs.
    The only thing I can think of is how many teams in the Premier League actually turn a profit ? Your income goes up dramatically when you get promoted, but income and profit aren't the same thing.

In all honesty I can't imagine why anyone who was interested in making money would get involved in buying a football team at all, regardless of the ownership structure.
  • Options
    Something very fishy going on if he paid £24m for a football club. Why not invest that money into Charlton and Standard? Even a fraction of that would sort our team out. Very suspect.
  • Options
    I think this €24m is a confusion. Quick google shows the Spanish press at the time reporting his purchase of Charlton being €24m.
  • Options
    After a bit of reading into this, the speculated purchase price of Alcorcón was €4 million, with Charlton's purchase at €24 million. Still, don't really understand what return he hopes to get on that from little Alcorcón.

Just been reading some fans discussion on their Facebook page. Their main current gripe is that they are constantly playing at 9 pm on Saturday or Sunday night, which is affecting the turnout (especially with the cold weather here at the moment). Virtually every home game is being shown live on the freeview channel Teledeporte, supposedly as Alcorcón sell their TV rights at the cheapest price.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

brogib said:

se9addick said:

The only thing I can think of is how many teams in the Premier League actually turn a profit ? Your income goes up dramatically when you get promoted, but income and profit aren't the same thing.

In all honesty I can't imagine why anyone who was interested in making money would get involved in buying a football team at all, regardless of the ownership structure.
    Milan Mandaric. There are plenty of businesses which don't return on people's investment, trick is to find a chump who's willing to pay for it. Those idiots are more likely to get interested when you're in the prem.

• Options
    Signed up to an unofficial Alcorcón fan forum and posted a question asking about their own thoughts on RD's ownership of their club. Will let you know what they say...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top stuff - my broken Spanish extends to just about getting the jist of your post !
  • Options
    Got first reply - very unhappy fan. Will try to translate it when I get chance later or you could run it through Google Translate.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Google translated version....

Bad atmosphere in the stadium there in Alcorcon , basically no room for the bad decisions of coach tenemosy by the few favors there the subscriber will make most 1000 spectators at a stadium in 5800 , with the visitor hobby . There have even been matches, as against Betis , where the visitor hobby has surpassed in number to the pottery hobby.

As for investments , the only thing sounds like it has done is put the top tier side , nothing more

As for the opinion of the Belgian , I think that sweats the club. More than anything because from Belgium not necessary for the team to work well guidelines are given . In June will let you go to 4 players who were pillars in the club last season (a boat were soon Juli, Sales, Gimenez and Pacheco ( these last two lesser extent) , not if I forget someone) . The directive has been done in a rush : in summer the chapter was closed with 3 high end of the market additions because he was standing half month without any movement . In winter there has strengthened the club anything, they have only been Femenia and Usero what I think they have done is descompensar more staff (especially Usero ) .

The deal the subscriber is pathetic . I am not paid (and if they so I will not pay , because no good ) , but I see a lot of people here criticizing ( rightly ) that the club does nothing but get cheaper ticket promotions for people get buff the club, but only achieved arrive " subecarros " to which club they care a fuck and when they see losing players do nothing but insult , when it is not all his fault

And as the coach issue , Bordalas ought to have gone in the summer when I call Osasuna. However, it remains at the club and the only thing that makes experiments are rare place defenses and defenses in the field, tactical approaches zero and removing the top players at a match for other normally cut defense . Besides this , he departed players more than the club as A.Rey valid and D.Gonzalez by friction between coach and player .

In short , as has been said elsewhere in the forum , have stolen our Alcorcon
  • Options

24 mill???? is that documented? That's way more than he is said to have paid for Charlton. WTF?

Pesatas.
  • Options
    Well done google translate - absolutely useless
  • Options

Well done google translate - absolutely useless

On the contrary the last sentence is pretty clear

They want their Alcorcon back!

• Options
    That is a hilarious translation but it does capture most of the frustration. The main annoyances are the selling of cheap tickets and half-season tickets after members have forked out full price and the lack of investment in the winter transfer window. Sound familiar?
  • Options
    Even with that translation we can see a familiar story developing. Sold the club's best players, waited until halfway through the window to sign inadequate replacements and the supporters feel they've lost the identity of the club.

So that's Standard, Charlton and Alcorcon Duchatelet has done this to. There's more to this than just bad decision making. You don't make the same mistakes over and over again at one club, let alone three.

At the very least turning fans away or making them feel apathetic towards their club is part of his plan. It's easier to use them as vehicles for what he really wants then.
  • Options
    A couple more replies to my question in the Alcorcón message board if anyone wants to brave Google Translate!
  • Options
    You better answer him.

and when you do, tell them the tale of the mighty Frenchman and his holy manager who are no longer with us.