Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    To me looks like Gomez needs some games and confidence back. He isn't looking quite as rolls royce with the turbo button on as the early period of last season. An injury free run of games but it does not look as straight forward as that with the form that Matip is in.
  • Options
    Came on, at left back, last night, against Genk.

Even when Alexander Arnold and Matip didn't play, Klopp went with Milner and Lovren, instead of our Joe.

Has the last injury been one too many?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I’m starting to get a bit worried for Joe now. Back when he had Neymar in his pocket it looked like he was on a one way path to Liverpool legend. Whatever happens I hope he rediscovers whatever he had then.

Not yet time to panic but looking ahead to see if a Spurs / Chelsea move could be good for him with a manager that I think would play him 
  • Options
    I’m starting to get a bit worried for Joe now. Back when he had Neymar in his pocket it looked like he was on a one way path to Liverpool legend. Whatever happens I hope he rediscovers whatever he had then.

Not yet time to panic but looking ahead to see if a Spurs / Chelsea move could be good for him with a manager that I think would play him 
    Liverpool are getting the results at the moment and that's the bottom line. Sooner or later a defender will get injured and, if fit himself which is no formality given his history, Joe will get a chance. Down to him to take it when it comes.
  • Options
    I hope he leaves . He’s the only thing that makes me not despise Liverpool 
  • Options
    I think he needs to put in big solid performances in the league cup, I watched him against MK Dons and he looked quite shaky alongside Lovren, Lovren was probably the better of the 2 that game which is potentially why Klopp has gone for Lovren yesterday. I imagine though the right back was purely based on the team they were playing, had it been Napoli then I would have fully expected Gomez to start in TAA absence with Milner slotting into midfield to make it more solid that Oxlade Chamberling and Keita.
  • Options
    Gomez starting in Defence tonight with Liverpool 1-0 up against Arsenal

Both teams fielding inexperienced teams but its a big night for Joe

Basically in a defence with Neco Williams (16) | Sepp van den Berg (17) | James Milner with Kelleher (20) in Goal behind him

They're going to need his and Milner's experience to get them through this game
  • Options
    2-1 Arsenal now

Whilst Gomez wasnt at fault for either goal I wouldnt say his defending was that good

Come home Joe!! - We'll get you back to your best!!
  • Options
    3-1...
  • Options
    That Arsenal line up looks pretty decent, it makes you wonder if Emery knows his best team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they had VAR for this game the pen that wasnt given would have been and the one that was wouldn't! 
  • Options
    If they had VAR for this game the pen that wasnt given would have been and the one that was wouldn't! 
    First Arsenal goal would have been offside too

Be interested to hear Klopp's comments about it when VAR isnt there to help Managers
  • Options
    He's played a bit more like himself this game. Im noticing a habit of half paced reactions whenever Liverpool concede.  Its not the Joe everybody became used to seeing.
  • Options
    He's 4th choice now behind VVD, Matip and Lovren. He needs to move on for the good of his career in the summer if nothing changes between now and then
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    He's 4th choice now behind VVD, Matip and Lovren. He needs to move on for the good of his career in the summer if nothing changes between now and then
    But he also needs to play better when given the chance? Matip is out for 6 weeks btw.
  • Options
    What a game we have here though!!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    sam3110 said:
    But he also needs to play better when given the chance? Matip is out for 6 weeks btw.
    That's what I mean by if nothing changes, he needs to regain form and show Klopp why he should be starting every week
  • Options
    4-4 and we still have half an hour to go!
  • Options
    Nice bursting run from Curtis Jones there!!
  • Options
    What happens if level after 90+stoppage?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What happens if level after 90+stoppage?
    Straight to penalties
  • Options
    Yeah 5-4... aint done yet
  • Options
    If you exclude Milner the average age of Liverpool's keeper and defence is 19. If you include Milner it goes up to 35. 
    Quiz question...how old is Milner!?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    If you exclude Milner the average age of Liverpool's keeper and defence is 19. If you include Milner it goes up to 35. 
    About 74... He's the English Javier Zanetti
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    mendonca said:
    Approximately 33 years and 291 days
  • Options
    But he made his Premier League debut at the age of 16 and now played over 700 games. A tremendous professional and example to many youngsters how to conduct yourself on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    Bloody hell 5-5!!... 93rd minute
  • Options
    Gomez hasnt been helped today by his left back or centre back tbf! 
  • Options
    Liverpool win 5-4 on pens.