Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Beckboy said:

Rednapp snapping up all his old players lol

Recycling the brown envelopes... ;-)

Niko Kranjaer just arrived at Loftus Road.
  • Options
    SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 55s
    Wigan have signed VFB Stuttgart midfielder William Kvist on a free transfer. #wafc
  • Options

Brentford have signed Betinho
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Coelho
    16 goals in 60 games

There must be a striker that we can pick up that would strengthen the back up and move ahead of Joe Piggott and Simon Church in the pecking order. Surely!
    Possibly and don't call me Shirley
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there is gonna be any CAFC activity today all i seem to be reading in this thread is every other frigging teams news and I don't really care about them
  • Options
    Ben Arfer (Newcastle) on way to Hull
  • Options

Wigan have signed VFB Stuttgart midfielder William Kvist on a free transfer. #wafc

Are Wigan trying to build a whole new team around Carson and McManaman in under 24 hours?
  • Options
    Aston Villa turn down chance of signing Cleverley because of wages
  • Options

Are Wigan trying to build a whole new team around Carson and McManaman in under 24 hours?
    I wonder if this £7 Million deal with The Nigels for James McArthur falls through would they struggle with FFP
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Good well done Villa
  • Options

I wonder if this £7 Million deal with The Nigels for James McArthur falls through would they struggle with FFP
    Oh that's why they're spending, didn't know it went through, last I saw he was in a jeep and then they mentioned Falcao about 50 times.

Still hope Bob drops Uwe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Beckboy said:

Yup -- he's rounding up the usual suspects.
    When will Crouch be spotted?
  • Options
    Come on charlton, do something, I want to go to bed, I have to be up early in the morning.
  • Options

Come on charlton, do something, I want to go to bed, I have to be up early in the morning.

Go to bed we're not signing anyone

• Options
    For near enough the same money United could have had this team:

DeGea
    Debuchy Lovren Benatia FillipeLuis
    Kroos Alonso
    Mata Fabregas Reus
    RVP

Subs: Rooney, Kagawa, Jones, Valencia, Hernandez
  • Options

Beckboy said:

Yup -- he's rounding up the usual suspects.
    When will Crouch be spotted?
    Can't be long....
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Welbeck to Arsenal £16m
  • Options
    Get the impression that Bob has either misunderstood or there's been a sudden change of heart from Roland.
    Two weeks ago we were told that there were more deals to get over the line but in the last few days this appears to have turned cold and Bob appears to have back tracked somewhat.
    Something's gone on.
  • Options

Get the impression that Bob has either misunderstood or there's been a sudden change of heart from Roland.
    Two weeks ago we were told that there were more deals to get over the line but in the last few days this appears to have turned cold and Bob appears to have back tracked somewhat.
    Something's gone on.

Loan window
  • Options
    Hope Bob takes advantage of the Babelcopter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sometimes things just get done. I'm sure there have been huge efforts to sign the right players but it just hasn't come off for some reason. We've already been told we don't just want bodies. Only the right players. I think that's good. Loan window might bring in a player or two.
  • Options

Something's gone on.

We didn't get a fee for Reza. Possibly affected the budget.

• Options

Something's gone on.

Shouldn't this be on the Conspiracy theories thread ?

:-)

• Options

ross1 said:

Good well done Villa
    Another massively inflated wage earning young English player. The trend here is that Cleverley, like Wilshere, are probably never good enough to sit at the top table. They eventually can't hold their own, need to find another club. The options are the next tier down, ie Villa. He goes there expecting a similar wage to what he got at Man Utd. It's basically the equivalent of being a well paid Vice President or associate director at a company, but being demoted to account exec. Yet only in football do we have a system that allows them to demand the same pay. If you think about it in the cold light of day, it's a step back/down on the ladder. Why should he believe he's earned the right to be on the same money
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What worries me is teams around us are getting stronger getting a new signing would give the squad and fans a massive lift
  • Options

Something's gone on.

probably the deals for Delort which fell through and Bulot who we signed
  • Options
    The fact we need back up to Vetokele stands out like a sore thumb, must have a loan or out of contract lined up if nothing happens tonight.
  • Options
    More than happy with the business we did at the start of the window.