Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options

Bloody hell, you lot are sounding like whiney Arsenal fans. We'll do just fine without any signings if that's the way it's to be.

This!
    C'mon surely you are not that stupid. We'll do just fine? Hope you are still saying that when you have Church and Piggy paired together up front. In fact, even one of them starting a game fills me with dread.

We have people moaning when we have a couple of strikers in Vetokele and Tucudean that we would've loved 6 months ago.

When people start using words like "incase of injury" etc etc, it shows to me how far we've come.

Church and Pigott isn't ideal but if there isn't value in the market at the moment, they'll do just fine. They managed last season.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Chris Parkes is at work, surely he wouldn't have been called in if there wasn't a chance of something happening?

Gomez?
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Nick Powell at Leicester... GET WOOD!!

I think CAFCSayer already has it judging by his earlier post!! ;-)
  • Options

Cant see it, he will be leaving the country IMO
  • Options

Daily Fail said that Werder Bremen and Ajax were battling for him. Seems unlikely to me.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    CAFCsayer said:

If I was a player I'd just turn up at random clubs and make sure the Sky cameras see me.

Isn't that what Peter Odemwingie did at QPR a couple of years ago?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    supaclive said:

Nick Powell at Leicester... GET WOOD!!

Alright mate! I'm getting on a bit and it's not so easy these days!!!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Chris Parkes is at work, surely he wouldn't have been called in if there wasn't a chance of something happening?

How do you know? I think if he is there must be something in the pipeline.
  • Options

Daily Fail said that Werder Bremen and Ajax were battling for him. Seems unlikely to me.

agreed but imagine if we pulled it off!
  • Options

Cant see it, he will be leaving the country IMO

CAFCsayer said:

Agreed if Chris is there then 100% something is happening
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace have signed James McArthur for £7 Million
    seems like Warnock is hoping to not only relegate Palace but destroy them while he is at it
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

His wife posted saying so on cafc facebook
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I've heard he's busy writing a book based on the Delort thread.

Pity we know the ending.

• Options
    I think Reza's move being more complicated than anticipated has made RD reshuffle his cards a little - if anyone does come in it will probably be on loan and presumably via the network. That said, when I look at the current squad I really don't think we NEED anyone desperately. Another striker would be helpful, perhaps Pope's run in goal suggests more experienced back-up would be useful, but I don't think we'd be crippled by the loss of any one player. Igor is in form right now but won't necessarily keep it all season, but I think Tucudean is still going to come good, Church looks reinvigorated, Big Bob has a knack with youth by many accounts that will bring The Pig on in time. We'd be weaker minus Vetokele but by no means completely screwed.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    How do you know Chris Parkes is at work?

Although what I would say is that every year the club does always tweet something on deadline day (ie someone says they are off home).

It has been really strangely quiet.
  • Options

How do you know Chris Parkes is at work?

Binoculars from "the copse" trained on his upper floor office at SL ?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    News shopper reporter just said 100% no signings tonight.
  • Options
    "@NewsShopperSprt: Now being told 100% no #cafc signings tonight"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I think we are in for that blue dildo.
  • Options
    As we sign 11 on the last hr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

I think Reza's move being more complicated than anticipated has made RD reshuffle his cards a little - if anyone does come in it will probably be on loan and presumably via the network. That said, when I look at the current squad I really don't think we NEED anyone desperately. Another striker would be helpful, perhaps Pope's run in goal suggests more experienced back-up would be useful, but I don't think we'd be crippled by the loss of any one player. Igor is in form right now but won't necessarily keep it all season, but I think Tucudean is still going to come good, Church looks reinvigorated, Big Bob has a knack with youth by many accounts that will bring The Pig on in time. We'd be weaker minus Vetokele but by no means completely screwed.

Exactly.
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Take igors goals away what position would we be so the people that ain't bothered about getting anybody else in you better cross them fingers and toes that he doesn't get injured or lose his form

To be fair, in 97/98, if super Clive had been injured where would we have been...
  • Options

"@NewsShopperSprt: Now being told 100% no #cafc signings tonight"

Signings made on transfer deadline day are sooooooooooo vulgar dahling. Smacks of desperation.
  • Options

Would love this but no way.

I'm being spoilt and so are other people. When you think of our strikers last season Igor is better than all of em put together, plus we've got a better defense, JBG, Moussa, Buyens. Bulot could be good for us too. We have a decent sized squad, I think the urgency has come from the fact we beat Wigan and Derby and with a couple more signings we could be certs for play offs.

I'm happy as it is, would like to see a striker come in on loan though, just in case.
  • Options
    irudd123 said:

I think we are in for that blue dildo.

Looking for a bit more penetration up front
  • Options
    dancafc said:

He's been on the same pitch as igor and who gets taken off all the time and who stays on to score the goals I'm happy with the team just not the back up/competition

One last time Dan......the loan window!!!
  • Options
    Rumours Bryan Ruiz on a loan deal - just ironing out wages. No idea if true but someone claiming to be ITK from Fulham seems to be saying it. Could be interesting if true
  • Options
    edited September 2014

dancafc said:

Take igors goals away what position would we be so the people that ain't bothered about getting anybody else in you better cross them fingers and toes that he doesn't get injured or lose his form

To be fair, in 97/98, if super Clive had been injured where would we have been...
    Well we wouldn't have been promoted but that's the risk you have to take... you can't have five Super Clive's on your books "just incase" the first four are injured.
  • Options
    Can only have so many as said before
  • Options

Last season on deadline day we moaned about needing a striker and got lumbered with Sordell and Church I dont want a repeat of that

Neither we're bought on deadline day