Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    Over on Cafcpicks Ketts has said a striker who is on trial will play for the U21s tomorrow. He hasn't said who, so no idea if it is Quincy or someone else. So all checkout the youtube channel tomorrow.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

This is from Dr Kish

STRIKER ON TRIAL
    09-Nov 08:28, by Ketts
    Charlton fans will have the opportunity to see a possible new signing on Monday.

The club's You Tube channel will screen Monday's Professional Development League Two South clash with Cardiff live from The Valley on Monday. The game will kick-off at 1.00pm.

Most focus will be on Charlton's trialist striker who will take part in the fixture.

The much travelled 29 year old at the front that his side has so far lacked this season.

The club are anxious to keep the player's identity under wraps so the commentators may have to refer to him as 'A.Trialist'.

It is unlikely that fans will recognise the striker but they will be very interested in his performance.

He has not got the greatest goal scoring record, averaging a goal every five games or so, but there is more to his game than just poaching.

He has experience of playing in the top-flight in various countries but has yet to play in England. Watch the stream if you can and do your own scouting.

Quincy is 28 HOWEVER someone did say that his ratio was about 1 in five (i think!)
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

dickplumb said:

This is from Dr Kish

STRIKER ON TRIAL
    Charlton fans will have the opportunity to see a possible new signing on Monday.

The club's You Tube channel will screen Monday's Professional Development League Two South clash with Cardiff live from The Valley on Monday. The game will kick-off at 1.00pm.

Most focus will be on Charlton's trialist striker who will take part in the fixture.

The much travelled 29 year old at the front that his side has so far lacked this season.

The club are anxious to keep the player's identity under wraps so the commentators may have to refer to him as 'A.Trialist'.

It is unlikely that fans will recognise the striker but they will be very interested in his performance.

He has not got the greatest goal scoring record, averaging a goal every five games or so, but there is more to his game than just poaching.

He has experience of playing in the top-flight in various countries but has yet to play in England. Watch the stream if you can and do your own scouting.

Quincy is 28 HOWEVER someone did say that his ratio was about 1 in five (i think!)
    "Yet to play in England" would rule him out though.
  • Options
    Thought it might be Hugo Almeida, but googled him and saw he signed for Cesena last month.
  • Options
    The last under 21 game at the valley, Charlton had a trialist that day. Shown as "a trialist" on Twitter but full name shown on the team sheet.

So whoever's going to the valley tomorrow afternoon, pick up a team sheet and let us all know.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2014
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Owusu-Abeyie

147 league appearances and 17 goals. 1 goal in 8.64 games.

Clubs: Arsenal 5, Spartak Moscow 29, Celta Vigo (loan) 21, Birmingham (loan) 19, Cardiff (loan) 5, Portsmouth (loan) 10, Al Saad ?, Malaga (loan), 25, Panathaikos 43 and currently (2014) Boavista 0

Position left wing on wikki.

Safe to say that Qunicy Owusu-Abeyie has not settled at any one club. Not sure if this is the mystery trialist mentioned by Ketts.
  • Options
    We need someone like the guy from Sheffield Weds the other week, Niuhu? Not a great goalscoring record but a right pain in the arse and a great foil for Igor. Hope this triallist matches up.
  • Options
    Ketts has said it is not Quincy. This fellow is a target man.
  • Options
    Presumably a free agent if he's coming from overseas. Bobs not dropped too many clangers so hopefully this bloke will be what we need.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2014
    dickplumb said:

Ketts has said it is not Quincy. This fellow is a target man.

That's good, A target man to partner, Vetekele, who can contribute some goals, is just the ticket.
  • Options
    Apparently he is Brazilian.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2014
    dickplumb said:

I work with a Brazillian guy, who loves his football. I'll ask him if he knows the player (when we all find out).

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2789239/diego-tardelli-steals-spotlight-two-goals-brazil-against-argentina.html 29 years old much travelled - my random guess after 1 minute on internet search).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    dickplumb said:

This is from Dr Kish

STRIKER ON TRIAL

The much travelled 29-year-old would give Bob Peeters the physical presence at the front that his side has so far lacked this season.

Why can't PeterF refer to him as "A Nut" ?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

At one point during the game yesterday when we were playing keep ball, I thought either the 'Oles' or 'It's just like watching Brazil' chant would start up, so on that note I look forward to seeing this mystery man in action tomorrow.
  • Options
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-potential-transfer-targets-2022930.html?action=gallery&ino=11

Fabianio is 29 years old though, 16 million for him seems to be a bit high for Charlton in relation to FFP.

Fred is also 29 years old. Probably quite good for the championship. (http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/203324-fred-the-best-striker-in-brazil-says-coach)
  • Options
    Luis Fabiano is definitely older than 29
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Before I get criticism for making it up.I am just passing on what someone said on ITTV. I have no knowledge of his nationality. All I know is that he is a Targetman centre forward.
  • Options
    vff said:

dickplumb said:

I work with a Brazillian guy, who loves his football. I'll ask him if he knows the player (when we all find out).

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2789239/diego-tardelli-steals-spotlight-two-goals-brazil-against-argentina.html 29 years old much travelled - my random guess after 1 minute on internet search).
    Signed a 4 year deal in February 2013 for 4 and a half million euros
  • Options

Obviously heard about the new Chicken Balti pies at Charlton
  • Options
    What he is saying is 'I used to be this big'.
  • Options

Funnily enough he is currently available I Think having just come out of retirement

• Options
    Someone load a few Euro leagues on FM and filter search for a 28-29 year old free agent target man with a one in five record. :-)
  • Options
    Sod this 29 year old, Marcus Bent is still available what are we waiting for?!
  • Options
    Andre Lima?

29 years old, brazilian. 6ft1.
  • Options

Someone load a few Euro leagues on FM and filter search for a 28-29 year old free agent target man with a one in five record. :-)

Who is brazilan