Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    I believe he will end up at a local team so can see Fulham as prime candidate
  • Options

shirty5 said:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

Diego Poyet has been given permission to leave West Ham on loan - he has played just once since joining from Charlton in the summer.

Oops

Oops what, think that was always going to happen get a young player for the future loan him out for a season or 2 then u have a first team starter with some experience
    He thought he knew better by moving on. I agree this was going to happen after reality hit home. Badly advised
    Maybe he knew he would go out on loan

probably doubled his money, goes out on loan to a championship club gets first team football for a season or two then goes back and gets first team football in the prem.

that to me is smart West Ham paying more than Charlton would and he will still end up with first team football
    he would've doubled his money by staying at charlton, considering what we offered him...
    shirty5 said:

Charlton are the latest club to take a look at Dulwich Hamlet Xavier Vidal. The 18 year old had a trial with Bolton but it's now the south east London club who appear to be in pole position to sign him.

Sauce: FLP

Erhun Oztumer should've come our way. He's injured but he's got the number 10 shirt at posh so they've obviously liked what they've seen in pre season
  • Options
    edited September 2014

shirty5 said:

Diego Poyet has been given permission to leave West Ham on loan - he has played just once since joining from Charlton in the summer.

Oops

Oops what, think that was always going to happen get a young player for the future loan him out for a season or 2 then u have a first team starter with some experience
    He thought he knew better by moving on. I agree this was going to happen after reality hit home. Badly advised

probably doubled his money, goes out on loan to a championship club gets first team football for a season or two then goes back and gets first team football in the prem.

that to me is smart West Ham paying more than Charlton would and he will still end up with first team football
    I agree to an extent but I don't think it's that smart. When he broke through for us we really lacked quality, if you look at the majority of championship midfields they're pretty stacked. I wouldn't say he's a guaranteed starter for any side bar a few maybe. There are a few solid loanees now that don't and won't start every game.

I know people say moving was the right move for the money as he is young and his career could end any moment, but if he would have stayed here he could gave developed his game more imo with a guaranteed starting place every week and at a place he is familiar with. Chances are now if he does go on loan he'll end up somewhere new to him and he'll have to play with another set of new teammates, get familiar with a new area, new everything. Don't get me wrong wouldn't do too much harm to him. I just think had he stayed with us he would be in a better position than he is now minus the money. He'd also probably be more sought after if he had proven himself more.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Oops

I agree to an extent but I don't think it's that smart. When he broke through for us we really lacked quality, if you look at the majority of championship midfields they're pretty stacked. I wouldn't say he's a guaranteed starter for any side bar a few maybe. There are a few solid loanees now that don't and won't start every game.

I know people say moving was the right move for the money as he is young and his career could end any moment, but if he would have stayed here he could gave developed his game more imo with a guaranteed starting place every week and at a place he is familiar with. Chances are now if he does go on loan he'll end up somewhere new to him and he'll have to play with another set of new teammates, get familiar with a new area, new everything. Don't get me wrong wouldn't do too much harm to him. I just think had he stayed with us he would be in a better position than he is now minus the money. He'd also probably be more sought after if he had proven himself more.
    If he stayed would he be starting for us, probably not, he did not know that at the time obviously but is there any difference other than getting more money, either way he would not be in the starting line up
  • Options
    Poyet would not be in the starting line-up? LOL

He will go on to play at the very top, people are letting bitterness cloud their judgement big time
  • Options

Oops

Brighton I hear from an unreliable source
  • Options

Oops

Going up north then.
  • Options

Oops

If so, well done to all the idiots who abused him on twitter. Had they not I have no doubt he would be coming back to us.
  • Options

Oops

If so, well done to all the idiots who abused him on twitter. Had they not I have no doubt he would be coming back to us.
    But it's ok for Poyet to abuse players on Twitter when it suited him?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Oops

I'm not being funny but are you really comparing him making jokes about players to the vile hatred he got from members of the public?!?

Anyway, our loss would be another championship clubs gain.
  • Options
    Come back Diego all is forgiven.
  • Options

Oops

Alright gus calm down.. I can't imagine we'd want him tbh
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Oops

I'm not being funny but are you really comparing him making jokes about players to the vile hatred he got from members of the public?!?

Anyway, our loss would be another championship clubs gain.
    No of course not comparing the two as there are some proper vile pricks out their. Dont get me wrong I dont agree with any of the abuse he recieved I was gutted more then anybody when he left.

On the other hand he claims to be a big boy now and the silly stuff he said was all when he was younger. So he should know full well how Twitter works and that there are some fucked up twisted people on there who just give abuse all day to anyone they can. So a few stupid comments shouldn't sway his decision on weather to rejoin us on loan or not and if they do he needs to grow a pair and close his account down.

• Options
    Monday CE we were in villa
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I honestly can't imagine Roland entertaining the idea of bringing him back.

This, our owner has no interest in us helping the progression of a future academy product for West Ham.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Poyet would not be in the starting line-up? LOL

He will go on to play at the very top, people are letting bitterness cloud their judgement big time

If that was directed at me I agree he will be a top player I have always said that, my point about him not starting for us is because Buyens and Jackson will not be dropped, so much so that Cousins is playing on the left, Poyet IMO would not of been able to play LM and he BBP would not of dropped Jackson who is the captain or Buyens who he brought in, so honestly I dont think he would of been starting for us had he stayed
  • Options
    I don't think Buyens would be here if Poyet had signed up, so he would have been a starter for us still.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't think Buyens would be here if Poyet had signed up, so he would have been a starter for us still.

If Buyens was not here of course he would be starting no question about it,
    My point was tho if Poyet was in the squad now even on loan, would he be starting IMO no he would not
  • Options
    I read he's off to Derby
  • Options
    Why the hell is Jacko undroppable just because he is the captain? What's going to happen in 3 or 4 years time? Are we going to have a 36 year old Johnnie jackson in midfield?
  • Options

Why the hell is Jacko undroppable just because he is the captain? What's going to happen in 3 or 4 years time? Are we going to have a 36 year old Johnnie jackson in midfield?

I never said he is, but that seems to be how managers see it, IMO Cousins should be moved back to CM and Moussa/Bulot plays LM with Jackson as sub but not gonna happen
  • Options

I never said he is, but that seems to be how managers see it, IMO Cousins should be moved back to CM and Moussa/Bulot plays LM with Jackson as sub but not gonna happen
    Fair enough. I actually agree with that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Poyet and Buyens wouldn't be any better than Poyet Buyens and Jackson IMO.

...oops
  • Options
    He made a hardheaded, considered career decision to go to West Ham, but he's suddenly going to get all soppy about a few fans abusing him on Twitter? He'll go where he thinks is best for him, end of. If he thought that was Charlton it would be us. If it isn't it won't.
  • Options
    He knew he would not get into West Ham first 11, he may have hoped perhaps to get on the bench, but at the end of the day he got a good contract and knew he would probably go out on loan for at least this season, if more than one club is interested, as I would think would be the case, he can choose where he would be happy. We may not be happy about it but it happens all the time and what we do if we were in his place?
  • Options
    Guy at work was with Charlton until he was 16 and for what it matters he is surprised that cousins isn't playing for us at CB. He played as goalie with him and it was clear he would be the one.