Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Thanks for passing on the info @dickplumb . My comment was firmly tongue in cheek. He definitely fits the profile of a RD signing.

So does Jelle Vossen. So do countless other players. Just because someone says it on a thread doesn't mean it's info does it?

I said on my original post it was an unsubstantiated rumour that I was passing on from a poster on another forum. He said on a free, which would suggest he is signing on a free. I am not suggesting it is Gospel or he is in the know. I am not in the know, this is a rumours thread. I am passing on information, no matter how tenuous, from another forum. Why have a go at me? I suggest you go on ITTV and have a go at the poster on there.

I get that but he did the same thing last time, posted a random name on there and you then posted on here. It does add up looking at the player but him saying a player is a free agent doesn't make it a rumour or that we're gonna sign him. The guy who posted that is Belgian I think and is likely to post Belgian players as suggestions for who we should sign.

Just think you coulda worded it better.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you can only sign free transfers as long as they were released from contract before the transfer window closed. In this case I believe he couldn't play for us until January. I could be totally wrong though
  • Options
    i think if players have been released from their contracts and their clubs are not claiming any kind of fee (development or otherwise) i think players can transfer if they are free agents. its different for a club willing to let a player go on a free over a player being a free agent.... i think.

If we can snap up a striker as a free agent i think it would be great. I still think Tucudean will come good, but he isn't adapting as quick as Vetokele, which can be expected especially for his age. Not writing him off at all as he looked good against Derby and shows glimpses of what he can do in other matches. Maybe time to put Church alongside Vetokele and give Tucudean a run for a shorter period against tired legs for a bit coming on as a sub. For me to say try Church thats saying something. But this is a transfer thread.
  • Options
    @Braziliance‌ mate it is a rumours thread, for rumours and even if somebody posted a photo of a player signing a contract on here, I would only believe it when it is on the OS ;)
  • Options

dickplumb said:

According to a poster on ITTV, Yassin El Ghanassy is joining on a free. He has negotiated his release from Lens. He is a winger. No idea if this is true but I am just putting it into the general ether of unsubstantiated rumours.

13 goals in 111 games !

PROLIFIC....
  • Options
    cfgs said:

@Braziliance‌ mate it is a rumours thread, for rumours and even if somebody posted a photo of a player signing a contract on here, I would only believe it when it is on the OS ;)

Imo there is a huge difference between an actual rumour and what Dickplumb did. Someone spotting Andy Delort at the ground and other links starts a rumour.

Someone posting that a player is a free agent on ITTV then someone coming on here and comletely making up stuff based on their post is basically lying and not a rumour at all.

If I say right now that a player is a free agent and he is mates with Bob Peeters does that make it a valid transfer rumour? No, I'll say it's a possibility, but that's not what was implied. Dickplumb said that we are apparently signing him like someone told him when no one did.

All the guy said on the other forum was 'on a free: Yassin El Ghanassy' how does that equate to what Dickplumb posted?

Bit Sherlock like of me but I don't get why people lie about transfer rumours and get peoples hopes up? Would rather someone just say who they'd like to see us sign.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

For the attention of Braziliance. There is a player mentioned on ITTV who may or may not sign for us, it could be a made up rumour, it might have some substance, who knows. I posted it on here as it is maybe of some interest in a RUMOURS thread. I deeply apologise to you unreservedly for misleading you Braziliance, I hope you will forgive me for posting a rumour on the rumours thread. In future I will endeavour to word my posts in such a way as to not mislead you. Your ever humble servant, Dick P.

'It could be a made up rumour'

That you have made up. He was mentioned by someone who basically rates him and thinks he'd be a good fit. There was no rumour in the first place, only the one you made up by posting on this thread.
  • Options
    Everyone needs to get their rumours checked out by Brazzers via PM before being allowed to post them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

FFS let it go mate. You've said the same thing about 6 times so far and no-one else seems to be bothered.

Don't like liars sorry. If people are happy to be led on though that's fine.

@Callumcafc‌ stop being so strange.

• Options
    Wouldn't say he's a liar just got his wires crossed
  • Options
    Who are you calling a liar? Are you thick or are you being perverse. I thought that the bloke posting on ITTV was saying that this character was signing as he put sign and the blokes name. He is Belgian so his English is not good. I put it up here in good faith and I don't take very kindly to being called a liar. Can we leave it now as I am bored rigid with your pettiness.
  • Options
    Be like Charlton dick and Braziliance, call it half time and then in 15 minutes it will be completely different
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Who are you calling a liar? Are you thick or are you being perverse. I thought that the bloke posting on ITTV was saying that this character was signing as he put sign and the blokes name. He is Belgian so his English is not good. I put it up here in good faith and I don't take very kindly to being called a liar. Can we leave it now as I am bored rigid with your pettiness.

He said 'On a free' he did not say sign. There is nothing wrong with his English, you made an assumption from what he said then made up your own post from it.

Surely it would have made more sense to ask him first what he meant or quote him on here and say 'wonder if this is a possibility for us?'

Don't really think it's petty pulling someone up on their post.
  • Options

Fucking hell brazilliance, you need a hobby

A wank would probably do him better.
  • Options

Fucking hell brazilliance, you need a hobby

Cause I'd rather post on a rumours thread than a poetry thread or digging out a Huddersfield fan?

Alright then
  • Options
    No cos you're getting very worked up about dick plumbs post
  • Options
    Can you move this to a "petty squabbling" thread. Or post a rumour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No cos you're getting very worked up about dick plumbs post

Am a bit, just don't like a false rumour in a rumour thread, would have been better to have worded it different.

I'll shut up now though, worse than the Delort saga this.
  • Options
    Braziliance this is a rumours thread, not a soapbox for you to mouth off on! If you object to a post just say it once, don't keep on so you can keep your post count up.
  • Options
    16 new posts I thought who've we been linked with

What a dick I am thinking that
  • Options
    Don't you start on dick too
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Essex_Al said:

Just came home on the train from Rotherham and got talking to a member of the Charlton staff. He said that the two deadline day deals that didn't go through were definitely Darren Bent and Nick Powell. He also said that the deal for Bent on loan is not dead and negotiations are still ongoing, he reckons Benty is right up for coming home!

I would not be 100% on that mainly because these were still possibilities up until 11 Powell was in Leicester about 8 that night, was watching on Sky Sports News when he arrived there

not saying that they are wrong about Bent but its the Powell one I would be surprised if that was true
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

40 new posts = ooo potential new signing.
    Nope, just a load of grown men mincing.

You thought "ooo", before you thought of grown men mincing??
  • Options
    Bent wasn't even on the bench today was he?
  • Options
    Cheers Al