Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Guy at work was with Charlton until he was 16 and for what it matters he is surprised that cousins isn't playing for us at CB. He played as goalie with him and it was clear he would be the one.

Saw him before he was a first team player playing at RB in a friendly against Welling, looked decent that day
  • Options

I don't think Buyens would be here if Poyet had signed up, so he would have been a starter for us still.

Didn't we sign Buyens before poyet informed us that he needed a new challenge (prick)
  • Options

I don't think Buyens would be here if Poyet had signed up, so he would have been a starter for us still.

Didn't we sign Buyens before poyet informed us that he needed a new challenge (prick)
    Possibly, can't remember but a number of people have claimed that it was well known that Poyet was not going to sign a new contract well before he left, so i still think Buyens would not have come in if Poyet had stayed, they are too similar, having both in the same squad would be a luxury.

It's why i don't think we need him now even if we were interested.
  • Options

Buyens came in on loan when Poyet's future was (officially) undecided I seem to remember. I imagine it was pretty obvious Poyet wasn't intending to hang around as negotiations had been opened some time prior according to both Riga and Katrien but gone nowhere. If there was a last minute u-turn the money could have been spent elsewhere, but if he did go there was a proven replacement there to step up straight away.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Guy at work was with Charlton until he was 16 and for what it matters he is surprised that cousins isn't playing for us at CB. He played as goalie with him and it was clear he would be the one.

He's too good further forward to be playing CB if you ask me.
  • Options

PL54 said:

He's too good further forward to be playing CB if you ask me.
    I always thought he had the attributes to be a good attacking right back (not as vital now Solly is in a good place, along with Gomez). Bit of pace, strong on the ball, good defensively, and as a corner taker can deliver a cross.
  • Options
    Powell trying to bring Grant Holt to Uddersfield, would be a perfect fit for us that!
  • Options
    Powell refuses to allow Sean Scannell to leave Huddersfield to join Millwall, I wonder if he wants him at Hudders or does not want him at wall, and I believe Holt has joined Huddersfield
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    We can't have a rumour without an accompanying YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4fcH4uL7WY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    defo need a new CB
  • Options
    Not before a striker and a midfielder
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mrbligh said:

defo need a new CB

Really or is that said tongue in cheek? Admittedly I've only seen Thomas a couple of times (he was my MOM yesterday) and Ayo once but with Gomez and Lennon out on loan we have plenty of options. I think we are all agreed that a target man up front is the main priority not another CB.
  • Options
    twas a joke, the only position we actually don't need anyone
  • Options
    Hardly a postion we need to improve on right now but we will all be moaning if we turned him down and he is the next big thing now competing against us for one of our rivals getting the plaudits.
  • Options
    Provided Roland can put his hand in his pocket to strengthen up front as well, why not. always good to bring in quality to challenge hard for a first team place. If it's another squad player, then no thanks.
  • Options
    Bikey and TBH are both on 1yr contracts is that correct? Makes senses to get the next big thing. RD can then sell him at a big profit in 2yrs
  • Options
    The other reason we might be looking at a CB now if quality available at a decent price is we have no guarantee that Ben Haim will be with us past the summer, right now most of us fans would offer him an extra year im sure but with his age being against him who knows what Roland is thinking or if Ben Haim might opt for a big last pay day somewhere else in the world once his contract runs out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was footsie.
  • Options
    Saw the links at t he weekend and thought nothing of it but having seen the video he looks decent. Turn of pace, ball playing, people seem to bounce off him so I'd guess he's strong. Looks pretty calm and can play either right back or centre back
  • Options
    Don't care if centre back is not a priority. Signing a quality young player is good whichever way you cut it up.
  • Options

Don't care if centre back is not a priority. Signing a quality young player is good whichever way you cut it up.

You might not care SHG but I do if it means after signing another CB no more funds available to Bob for a target man.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

You might not care SHG but I do if it means after signing another CB no more funds available to Bob for a target man.
    I think we can be pretty sure that if RD wants a good young CB and a striker, he will pay for them, don't forget we were in for two players when the transfer window shut, plus the money he was willing to spend on other players, Delort for one.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

I think we can be pretty sure that if RD wants a good young CB and a striker, he will pay for them, don't forget we were in for two players when the transfer window shut, plus the money he was willing to spend on other players, Delort for one.
    Can we be sure RD wants another good young CB on top of the three he's got waiting in the wings not to mention Gomez? If he has money to burn fine but to sign another CB would seem to go against his principles of giving home grown youth a chance wouldn't it and what message does that send to them? There's always the network to farm them out to I suppose. :-0
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

Can we be sure RD wants another good young CB on top of the three he's got waiting in the wings not to mention Gomez? If he has money to burn fine but to sign another CB would seem to go against his principles of giving home grown youth a chance wouldn't it and what message does that send to them? There's always the network to farm them out to I suppose. :-0
    I quite agree a CB is not a priority, but if he is that good, and we have a chance to get him for a reasonable fee, then go for it, if he turns out to be as good as it is hoped, we will have a good player for a while, then RD will sell for a good profit. That is what RD is all about, get them young and cheap and sell later.