Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    10 in plus 2 development squad

Not bad going I'd say we were one of the most active in this window

Just because we dont get the last min activities of other clubs makes it seem boring
  • Options

10 in plus 2 development squad

Not bad going I'd say we were one of the most active in this window

Just because we dont get the last min activities of other clubs makes it seem boring

Exactly.
    Doing your business early is always the best option.

Big part of our good start so far. Chelsea had all their business done early too.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Who does everyone think done the best bit of business on deadline day?

I think on paper Hull have made some good signings.

I know Welbeck isn't everyones cup of tea but I'd be happy if I was an Arsenal fan, I still think he was one of the only players that put in a shift for us in the WC and he's not your typical scummy footballer and he's got talent.

Man United could have a very good looking team now if they scrap that 3-5-2 rubbish.
  • Options

Agree, NLA.

Remember the summer Chris Powell brought in 19 players - and then 2 weeks after the transfer window closed, brought in Yann Kermorgant?

As we all saw, he was the missing part of the jigsaw in the team which ran away with the title.

Perhaps the Network scouts have irons in the fire with another player who's desperate to get a chance to revive what had once been a promising career?
  • Options

And Joe gomez went no where it was a great summer window for the addicks

In

Bikey
    Buyens
    Tbh
    Igor
    Gudmensen
    Georgey boy
    Ansah
    Bulot
    Moussa

Anyone else

Henderson
    In

He was an in.
  • Options
    Happy with the squad compared to last year.
  • Options

I know Welbeck isn't everyones cup of tea but I'd be happy if I was an Arsenal fan, I still think he was one of the only players that put in a shift for us in the WC and he's not your typical scummy footballer and he's got talent.

Man United could have a very good looking team now if they scrap that 3-5-2 rubbish.

100% Hull the signings of Ben Arfa and Ramirez are quality for them and Diame and Hernandez are also good signings, Bruce done a great job
  • Options

It's not the 3-5-2 that's the problem.
  • Options
    Chelsea loaned their 24th, 25th and 26th players out, sending Marco van Ginkel to AC Milan, Nathaniel Chalobah to Burnley and Jamal Blackman to Middlesbrough.
  • Options
    After that bit of skill and assist for our second goal against Brighton maybe Big Bob is thinking Churchy deserves more of a look in? Many on here have said they feel with better service he could do a decent job. Not sure I see it to be honest but a few more assists or goals over the next couple of weeks and he could be back up the pecking order.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jamal Blackman......

Is there a more stereotypically comedic name in football
  • Options
    Addicted said:

After that bit of skill and assist for our second goal against Brighton maybe Big Bob is thinking Churchy deserves more of a look in? Many on here have said they feel with better service he could do a decent job. Not sure I see it to be honest but a few more assists or goals over the next couple of weeks and he could be back up the pecking order.

I don't think Church is ever going to score bundles of goals but you can't fault the bloke's effort and work rate.
  • Options
    Kevin Doyle scored five goals in 33 games in the Championship and League One last season. Warnock getting of to a flyer at Palace.
  • Options

Addicted said:

I don't think Church is ever going to score bundles of goals but you can't fault the bloke's effort and work rate.
    Agree. His work rate is good. But maybe alongside a striker with confidence he might improve his finishing. Its the only thing he lacks.
  • Options

And Joe gomez went no where it was a great summer window for the addicks

In

Bikey
    Buyens
    Tbh
    Igor
    Gudmensen
    Georgey boy
    Ansah
    Bulot
    Moussa

Anyone else

Henderson
    In

He was an in.

I meant I have put him in thanks he was the last one
  • Options

It's not the 3-5-2 that's the problem.
    I think it is, they don't really have the players that are natural wingbacks, why change what works. They have the players for a basic 442 or a 433 so I don't see why it's not being put to use. When you have players like Di Maria you don't really need to try some fancy tactics unless you're against the top top sides. I just think it should be back to basics for them and they'll benefit.
  • Options

100% Hull the signings of Ben Arfa and Ramirez are quality for them and Diame and Hernandez are also good signings, Bruce done a great job
    Ramirez is good, I'm surprised Soton are loaning out someone like him, Ben Arfa will be good if they can keep him fit. Hernandez might be their best business for them if he adapts to the league. Only one I'm not sure on is Diame but only time will tell.

• Options
    Millwall have made a signing

Angel Martinez has been reunited with former Blackpool boss Ian Holloway at Millwall after agreeing a one-year deal at The Den.

@MillwallFC
    We are delighted to confirm the signing of @Angel31Martinez on a one-year deal: http://t.co/7NB0FvW8Yo #Millwall http://t.co/oMGgUMzkQM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chelsea with 26 players out on loan must mean Kasey Palmer will have risen up the pecking order. At this rate he may even get on the bench....for the U21's.
  • Options
    Because the FA want Cleverley to have time on the pitch, otherwise that is another England player RH would not be able to pick.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Charlton sign Andy D on loan from Wigan 24 hours after the deadline closed ...... What's the point of a deadline when teams till getting players can we not sign the two players we were trying to get xx

2 kisses, very flirtatious I must say Colin
  • Options
    Nilmar
  • Options
    proper random...
  • Options
    Danny Graham and Diego Poyet linked with us on season-long loan.
  • Options

Danny Graham and Diego Poyet linked with us on season-long loan.

don't think Poyet will come back, just random people mentioning it