Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options

Danny Graham and Diego Poyet linked with us on season-long loan.

don't think Poyet will come back, just random people mentioning it
    As opposed to the dyed in the wool,in the know,CAFC special branch,that do know about these things??
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Danny Graham and Diego Poyet linked with us on season-long loan.

Who are you going to leave out for Poyet, if it is Cousins I personally would feel very angry, and how would Cousins feel. He wanted to leave, he left, leave it like that
    This
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Who you leave out simple Jackson....
    Poyet and Buyons in the middle with Bulot and Gudmunsson wide

Good old Colin, like a dog with a bone.

• Options

colin1961 said:

Thought you were going to say licking his own arse.......

• Options

colin1961 said:

Thought you were going to say licking his own arse.......

Whatever turns you on Clem : - )
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

That midfield does sound pretty immense.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Bob Peeters passes on his thanks. He hadn't thought of that.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

That midfield does sound pretty immense.
    Cousins?
    Moussa?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

colin1961 said:

Sorry, I can't entertain Poyet, showed contemp for us, I know we were slow offering him a new contract, but KM and BP did all they could to persuade him to stay. Do not tell me he joined West Ham to improve his chances as it was obvious he would not be a regular in their first team and would almost certainly be loaned out, so why leave us, MONEY, why else. If that is his main reason for going fine, do not blame him, KM rumoured offered him £15,000 a week, if that is true, is that not enough at his age with regular football? I would rather have Cousins any day. I know I am probably in the minority, but my opinion, you do not have to agree.
    If you are in the minority, I am right there with you. Poyet is probably the better player right now but by the end of the season Cousins will have had another season of playing regular football with dedicated players and a progressive coach, Poyet will have spent the same amount of time waiting for the odd five or ten minutes on the pitch to watch the ball sail over his head.

Money aside, Poyet is the biggest loser in this move of his by far.
  • Options

Genuinely think Buyens is better than Poyet.. Think poyet will be better when he gets to yoni's age, but atm Buyens is better.. Think Buyens is honestly our most important player now so wouldn't be that upset if poyet didn't come back.. Do think we should put a decent loan bid in for graham though..

They're very different players, but I would much, much rather Poyet in the middle instead if Jackson.
  • Options
    Poyet is yesterday's news lets move on
  • Options

Poyet is yesterday's news lets move on

True.. Graham or Ebanks-Blake in and I'd be expecting at least a top 10 finish this season
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Don't fancy either Graham or Ebanks-Blake personally. Last season, maybe. This season, I think we may be able to do better.
  • Options
    Wouldn't want Poyet back at Cousins expense. West Ham stiffs is the best place for him to further his career.
  • Options
    With the amount of abuse Poyet has got since leaving us, do you really think he'll want to come back?

I can see him being loaned out though to another championship side.
  • Options
    Nathan Ake from Chelsea is apparently on the club's radar.
  • Options
    I don't think poyet has done much wrong not much different to yann your a long time retired so let the lad earn more money while he can let's face it he's going to be a top player and go for big money somewhere along the line so we will get a cut in that.im gutted he's gone but what is the point in slagging the kid off he helped save us from playing in league 1 and gave us a chance of maybe with the help of the new players and the rest of the club getting back to the best league in the world asap (hopefully this season) so let's move on and let the kid make his own mistakes or big future where ever it maybe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Squad harmony is important for Bob clearly, working on a good balance to make everyone want to play for each other.

IF we were to bring back Poyet, a man who ditched us for money and a chance of a bit of prem football, then what kind of impression does that give to the other players who wanted to stick and actually give the club a chance to get better? 1% chance of it happening thankfully. Sod him, what we have is fine.

Striker cover is essential, could do alot worse than Graham.
  • Options

Nathan Ake from Chelsea is apparently on the club's radar.

Would love that, but Derby were after him on loan earlier this summer and I think we need someone up front more.
  • Options
    Is this the new rumours thread? I need to know.....
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Bit harsh on Cousins no?.. I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect Bulot will be used as a squad player like Wilson because he can play in various positions.. Think Cousins deserves to be in the first team.
  • Options
    Ipswich and Wolves keen on 30k a week Danny Graham from Sunderland who has been told he can leave on loan.
    Leicester want £5m for Chris Wood who does not want to consider a loan deal.
    Blackburn's Luke Varney wants out on loan and is looking to get away before the emergency loan window opens on Tuesday.
  • Options
    why would we want to bring poyet he has gone we are better with out him