Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can we discuss "Severe Terror threats"

1101112131416»

Comments

• Anyone who thinks appeasement will sort this out is sadly deluded. The West has been bending over backwards to welcome and integrate it's Muslim community for decades. Where do we see the outrage at such atrocities from the Muslim community en masse? Where do we see the marches and banners condemning such actions, and a calling for peace? Our accommodating kindness is sadly seen as a weakness that is now being exploited. Tunisia has now seen the light and is closing down the Mosques. Mosques belong in Muslim countries, Churches in Christian countries. Of course we all know moderate Muslims, including my wife, who pose no threat and hate what is happening. But it could be argued that in doing so, they are not strictly following the teachings of the Koran, whilst the terrorists are.

I presume your wife marches up and down your street with banners ?
    Freely mixing with people from other backgrounds and refusing to wear clothes that scream how opposed you are to your host country usually suffices.

You're missing the point:CE's comment is apposite for what is highlighted above.
  • edited June 2015
    Greenie said:

Is there a solution that the UK could adopt to end the 'war' on us?
    I'm playing devils advocate here.

Ban all religion? - Wouldn't work.
    All out war on IS - Again unworkable when we don't know who/where the enemy is.
    Ban all immigration to the UK.- Never going to happen.
    Negotiate with IS - No chance seeing as they want to wipe us (the infidel) out.

I am really at a loss to where this will end, if it ever does.
    But I do believe that unfortunately, something really drastic will happen.

The top two with a bit of the 3rd thrown in for good measure
  • brogib said:

Greenie said:

Is there a solution that the UK could adopt to end the 'war' on us?
    I'm playing devils advocate here.

Ban all religion? - Wouldn't work.
    All out war on IS - Again unworkable when we don't know who/where the enemy is.
    Ban all immigration to the UK.- Never going to happen.
    Negotiate with IS - No chance seeing as they want to wipe us (the infidel) out.

I am really at a loss to where this will end, if it ever does.
    But I do believe that unfortunately, something really drastic will happen.

The top two with a bit of the 3rd thrown in for good measure
    Attack their funders in Qatar, Saudi wherever.
  • Six black churches have been burned down in a week, in the Carolinas, Ohio and Georgia.

Is this racially-motivated hate crime the best way to deal with peaceful, religious members of a minority? Of course not. But it appears that some people think that the best way to "deal" with people who are different is to attack them. It's wrong; it always has been; and it always will be.
  • edited June 2015
    I know quite a few Muslims and none are fundamentalists. I think there is truth in the majority may be more extreme in their views than christians but not in a way that threatens us. The Muslim prayer room will always be full but the christian one empty. But their kids can be radicalised and there may be things they can do about that.
  • edited June 2015
    Some of the photos and videos coming out of the police anti-terror drills in London are pretty incredible - Twitter Hashtag - The Metro report
  • LuckyReds said:

Some of the photos and videos coming out of the police anti-terror drills in London are pretty incredible - Twitter Hashtag - The Metro report

Some of the anti comments on that hashtag make me sad. When will people realise that those at the coal face have no care about some supposed plot to subvert the working classes. They're there to help.