Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Iphone6 - deals

Am changing phones so if anyone knows of any offers for the iphone 6 I'd much appreciate it.

Expect it may be a week or so, I need to switch pretty sharpish - by end of next week :(

Cheers

R

Comments

• Options
    nothing released as of yet, just spoke with EE who said more information will be released next week.

I would expect minimum will be (£90 for handset + 24months @ £45= £1170) much like other iphones in the past
  • Options
    Pre-orders start on Friday, so no doubt details will be released then.
  • Options
    I'll be interested to see what sort of reductions there are on the 5s once the 6 deals are released.

Not paying the money they want for a 6 but have been considering a 5s for a while.
  • Options
    Overhyped twaddle, better off with a Z3 a lumia 930 or an S5
  • Options
    5S and 5C 24 month contracts have already seen the up front cost of the phone disappear.
  • Options

I'll be interested to see what sort of reductions there are on the 5s once the 6 deals are released.

Not paying the money they want for a 6 but have been considering a 5s for a while.

Snap, never had a 'new release' phone, always a year behind the curve, and pick up at 2nd tier pricing around the 25 a month level. However, currently out of contract so paying a higher amount for a 3-year old phone.

Been looking at the 5s for a while. Never had an iPhone but to me all others now are too big and verging on tablets. Want a smartphone that fits neatly in your pocket, and the last batch of iPhones 5c and 5s seem like the last you'll get of that for a while. Even the HTC Mini 2 is 4.5". What's the point of doing a mini offering that is only marginally different ?

• Options
    Not to start an argument at all but why not consider something other than an iPhone? Surely if you've used one iPad / iPhone, you've used them all? Nothing ever seems to change with an upgrade except for the people who wet themselves for a software update / icon change. I'd go for a Samsung S5. Better device.
  • Options
    Can't wait to see the new phones in person. I am a fan of Apple phones, currently have a 5s but will look at the larger 6.
  • Options
    I only moved over to a 5s from blackberry about 8 months ago and love it , only problem is battery life is chuff if using it a lot , but i just bought a mophie juice pack , which does make the phone big and heavy but it's a must if you're not gonna be in a position to charge your phone (say if out for over 10 hours and using it a lot)

deffo get a bumper thingy to protect the fragile screen as well

i'm a fussy git not in to technology and it's simple enough for me

• Options
    My initial choice was an S5, but it is ridiculously large for a phone.

Have a Z1 Compact at the moment, the size is perfect and the battery very good.

There are just far too many bugs and glitches for me to live with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with oohaah, a mophie juice pack is pretty much essential for a 5s if you use it all day. I managed to pick one up for half price not so long ago and has been a life saver pretty much.

I was toying with the idea of getting a Samsung Note 3 before I went for the 5s as I wanted a bigger screen. The 6 plus would be ideal for me.
  • Options
    went from a Blackberry to an iphone 5S about a year ago, never looked back....agree what others say about the battery life, but generally at work I plug it in on my desk so I'm never out more than a few hours without being able to charge it.

still got a work blackberry and bought a handy charging gadget for the iphone 5 that just attaches onto the blackberry charger
  • Options
    I have a 4S, the £40 pm contact ended last year. Then I moved to a Sim Only for £14, now reduced to £10.50 (unlimited calls &1GB) for a year with 6 month upgrade option.

The bloke at Vodafone said (about the 6, which I'd like) wait 6 months and he should be able to start doing better deals then.
  • Options
    As a matter of interest, I was told by a guy who works on the Genius bar in an Apple store is that the main drain on a 5s is the Facebook app. He said if you want to improve your battery life, delete the app and access FB through the Safari browser.
  • Options
    Apparently 48 hour battery life on the 6 Plus
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

As a matter of interest, I was told by a guy who works on the Genius bar in an Apple store is that the main drain on a 5s is the Facebook app. He said if you want to improve your battery life, delete the app and access FB through the Safari browser.

I don't even have the app or a FB account and it doesn't seem to help mine!
  • Options

Apparently 48 hour battery life on the 6 Plus

yeah, right. i get about 3 hours on my 5
  • Options
    My contract on the S3 runs out next week but not sure what to go for when I upgrade. Would prefer to stick with an Android phone, preferably a Samsung tbh, but the S5 just seems too big for my liking. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Anyone know if the new amazon phone is any good?
  • Options
    Buying it upfront if you can and then getting a SIM only deal works out cheaper, also there's no tie in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My contract on the S3 runs out next week but not sure what to go for when I upgrade. Would prefer to stick with an Android phone, preferably a Samsung tbh, but the S5 just seems too big for my liking. Any suggestions?

Buy a Moto G or Moto X Sim free and change you contract to Sim only.

Just bought my youngest his first phone, Moto G with £10 a month Sim plan on Three - Phone cost £135 from Tesco, 4G ready, great phone. You can expand internal memory. If you wait a while new Moto G has just been launched, along with Moto X - The Verge describes it as the best Android phone on the market.

• Options
    This is my field mate I work for 02 selling tarrifs and phones, ya talking to the dog now.

Basically and generally, the 6 uses more expensive and better material via the body and screen of the phone. So its gana be more expensive to make and will cost more then what the previous iphones were at launch.

I would say dont upgrade to it straight away and atleast wait till christmas for the price to drop. Apple have a history of bug problems in the 1st month of release dates too. Also the iphone 6 plus is going to be better.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    JohnBoyUK said:

I agree with this. I don't use Facebook and this app is not on my Iphone yet I get 2 days battery use out of my phone even though I use the internet / music apps approx. 1 hour per day.
  • Options

You might like the new Samsung Galaxy Alpha if you're familiar with Samsung phones. It's about the same size as the iPhone 6 - a lot smaller than the S5. It's not out until the 12th, but the networks are taking pre-orders.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

This is my field mate I work for 02 selling tarrifs and phones, ya talking to the dog now.

Basically and generally, the 6 uses more expensive and better material via the body and screen of the phone. So its gana be more expensive to make and will cost more then what the previous iphones were at launch.

I would say dont upgrade to it straight away and atleast wait till christmas for the price to drop. Apple have a history of bug problems in the 1st month of release dates too. Also the iphone 6 plus is going to be better.

Dont they buy the screens etc. from LG or Samsung?
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I don't even have the app or a FB account and it doesn't seem to help mine!
    Do you have a life, Eltham?. I thought EVERYONE was on FB ?!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Looking at getting a 5c through 02 right now. Is it worth waiting i.e. will there be an imminent price drop now the new iphones have come out? Apple aren'y usually good at that.
  • Options
    Seriously though, the screen resolution on the 4.7inch iPhone 6 is poor given we're about to move into 2015. Basically the same resolution as the galaxy S3, released early 2012.

And I don't understand why everyone is so delighted with the iPhone 6 plus's 1080p screen given Samsung a week ago announced that the new Note 4 has a 2560x1440 screen!
  • Options
    just bought myself a Moto G 16gb for £150 off of Amazon - great phone. Currently on an awful contract with O2 comparative to what 3 offers, so will be switching to them soon. Worked out considerably cheaper than getting an iphone, and I'd say the Moto G is at least comparable. Very intuitive phone, much better than the huawei phone I had previously!