Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church 100%

Comments

• Options

No debate. A call for reason. Wrong forum. Mods please sink.

Just before this thread is buried at sea, Church should be inspired by Simon Francis who was never rated by some cafc fans but scored today and another good cross which resulted in Yann's goal.
    also Mccormack who scored today (he was poor against us) and is a regular for Brentford.

There could be a haven for you, somewhere ?

• Options
    Yeah, Teviot Rangers have advertised for a forward. Good luck Simon.
  • Options

No debate. A call for reason. Wrong forum. Mods please sink.

Just before this thread is buried at sea, Church should be inspired by Simon Francis who was never rated by some cafc fans but scored today and another good cross which resulted in Yann's goal.
    also Mccormack who scored today (he was poor against us) and is a regular for Brentford.

There could be a haven for you, somewhere ?

Brentmouth or Bourneford? :-)
  • Options
    No, he wasn't solely to blame for last seasons poor campaign, but he, along with some others was. The others don't seem to get mentioned so much simply because we've replaced them, whereas we're still light on forwards. Let's face it, the only reason Church is here is because we were silly enough to give him a 2 year deal, otherwise he would have been out the door with the rest of them in the summer..............
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the guy and I think it says it all that karlen grant was on the bench over him..

But peeters sees this guys everyday in training so there is something we are not seeing and that's why he's not in match day squads..

• Options
    There are no passengers with big Bob. He has analysed the squad and come to the same conclusions we all made based on the whole of last season. Church is not good enough at Championship level.

He clearly thinks the same of Harriot at this stage of his development. Lot to like and I believe he will only get in players now who can play for us immediately. Very promising,
  • Options
    Best player to ever wear a Charlton shirt
  • Options
    I wouldn't go that far, but hoorah for your enthusiasm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Positives of Church:

A nice cold place to go if you love a bit of bible.
  • Options

Best player to ever wear a Charlton shirt

Super Clive?

• Options
    It seems that Bob has not lost faith in him, but it is hard to support a lad who quite reasonably was called spongefoot by some.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4m
    Story in @SthLondonPress tomorrow - Charlton head coach Bob Peeters has told @churchy18 he can go out on loan.
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4m
    Story in @SthLondonPress tomorrow - Charlton head coach Bob Peeters has told @churchy18 he can go out on loan.

He really doesn't fancy him does he? After Igor, we only have George and our kids.

Or, Churchy could be making way for a major loan signing. Someone like Lambert from Liverpool who would be the ideal foil for Igor ;-)
  • Options
    In 5-10 years time when Charlton Life is compiling its "worst XI", Church will almost certainly be in the mix.

The whole "he gives 100% thing" doesn't really mean a lot. All players should be expected to give that as a pre-requisite - its not the sort of thing you should get a pat on the back for if there is no end product. In Sunday league or in kids' football maybe, but not at a professional level in the 6th biggest league in the world.

Plus, one of the reasons he sprints about like a mad man for 90 minutes of a game is because his first touch is awful, he can't win anything in the air and therefore is always having to chase.

Sorry for spoiling your Churchy love in.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    As poor as he has been for us, he would be nowhere near a worst every Charlton xi

Mike Small.
    Mark McCammonn
    Tresor Kandol

I rest my case.
  • Options
    As a striker he has scored 3 goals in over 40 league games. Can you tell me of a striker we have had with a worse goal ratio than that in the past 5 years?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

As a striker he has scored 3 goals in over 40 league games. Can you tell me of a striker we have had with a worse goal ratio than that in the past 5 years?

Pawell Abbott.

1 in 17 according to Wiki.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1.5 million pounds of Izale McLeod is worse than a free Simon Church.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Church is not one of the worst over the last 5 years, let alone of all time.

That all depends what you are comparing him against and over what number of games because I reckon that B W-P and Kermy are the only strikers who have started as many games as Churchy for us in the last five years.

• Options

As poor as he has been for us, he would be nowhere near a worst every Charlton xi

Mike Small.
    Mark McCammonn
    Tresor Kandol

I rest my case.

Those three combined scored 2 league goals in 18 league games.

Church has had over 40 league games, and only managed one goal more.
  • Options
    I would say Mooney aswell.

I know what you mean @AddickAddict‌ and don't get me wrong I think Church is ineffective. But a player who at one point fans were singing for because he was busy and tried to make things happen, is better than 1.5 million of useless waste who could do nothing right.
  • Options
    Not over the past three years but worst players than Church are the following. Barry Endean, Dick Plumb, Izale McLeod, Chris Dickson, Pawel Abbott.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Mike Small.
    Mark McCammonn
    Tresor Kandol

I rest my case.

Those three combined scored 2 league goals in 18 league games.

Church has had over 40 league games, and only managed one goal more.
    Pawell Abbott?

1 in 17.
  • Options
    Some of our worst players have played less games than Church, that is right. But that doesn't stop them being absolute garbage.

Mooney, Nouble, Abbott were all hopeless and showed less ability than Church.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Not over the past three years but worst players than Church are the following. Barry Endean, Dick Plumb, Izale McLeod, Chris Dickson, Pawel Abbott.

I'm sorry Dick but I am always going to defend Chris Dickson. Parky used to put Tamer Tuna on the bench in preference to Dicko even though he never had any intention whatsoever of bringing him on.

Tamer was last heard of playing for Erith whereas Dicko went on to play in the Champions League.

Mind you, Churchy is an International so I reckon that trumps even Dicko.

Edit - I forgot. Dicko is an International too.
  • Options
    No player giving 100% deserves abuse, but giving a realistic assessment of abilities displayed is not abuse. Church is probably as good as very many journeymen strikers who move around in the lower divisions who generally have a couple of good attributes rather than the multiple skills of touch, pace, power, heading, shooting etc. of top strikers. Church's skills are a bit of height, moderate pace, good energy and a decent pass, but hasn't displayed much else from what I have seen. There is possibly something else there that we haven't seen that might emerge given a new challenge, he must have shown significant promise in earlier times, so a loan can't be a bad option for his own benefit (if we have a no worse replacement - Ahearne-Grant?)
  • Options

cafctom said:

Pawell Abbott.

1 in 17 according to Wiki.
    I'd love to know what game that was in. I should be able to remember if it was his only goal