Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church 100%

124»

Comments

• Options
    I can't see another Championship club going for him, I think he will join adiv one team.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

ross1 said:

Church for Blackpool?

The only area covered for Blackpool is upfront
    Who says Church is a striker?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

J BLOCK said:

ross1 said:

Church for Blackpool?

The only area covered for Blackpool is upfront
    Who says Church is a striker?
    Has he refused to play ?

• Options
    edited October 2014

Church never comes across as someone who would be frozen out for non-football reasons. he's a trier, and there's no hint of any bust-up, punching our keeper in training, etc. I think Bob has seen enough, basically, and would clearly rather risk an untried youngster rather than someone who he just knows isn't going to do the job.

Obviously a good loan spell can change everything, but the coaches see a lot in training and are entitled to make up their minds on that as well as 15-min cameos in matches

Church has lost it a few times on the pitch which suggests he can be a bit hot headed so could have led to a falling out for non-footballing reasons (I'm thinking of swinging a punch at the Watford player (a) last season at a corner and doing the "shush" finger gesture to the home fans in the cup in August...).

Although to be fair I've never seen him strike a ball in anger.
  • Options
    Swap deal for Delort surely
  • Options
    good luck to him[and morgan fox] at france 2016
  • Options
    Well done Churchy, I wonder what the odds are for him being top scorer at next seasons Euros?
  • Options

Really cant remember Bally Smart
    and what happened to Alex Stavrinou

Bally Smart Don't think he ever played a league game?

Alex Stavrinou I met at the player sponsor dinner, he replaced Shelvey because that little bugger was having his medical at Scouse team that steals the half decent charlton prospects FC.

When I spoke to him he was already quite interested in teaching P.E as a back up plan if he didn't make it. They showed me he wasn't probably competitive enough to make it big (also Jordan Cousins was already starting to make his name as a CDM where Stav liked to play).
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Alex Stavrinou I met at the player sponsor dinner, he replaced Shelvey because that little bugger was having his medical at Scouse team that steals the half decent charlton prospects FC.

When I spoke to him he was already quite interested in teaching P.E as a back up plan if he didn't make it. They showed me he wasn't probably competitive enough to make it big (also Jordan Cousins was already starting to make his name as a CDM where Stav liked to play).
    Seem to recall Bally Smart was massively hyped up by the club when we signed him. Like so many others he barely played a game for us. Guess he joins the ranks of Gibbs, Bagheri, Christensen, Alonso, Pouso, Blomqvist and so many others who rarely or never featured for us. Wonder how many of them would get a game for us now (if they were the age they were when they signed).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drewman said:

Dazzler21 said:

Seem to recall Bally Smart was massively hyped up by the club when we signed him. Like so many others he barely played a game for us. Guess he joins the ranks of Gibbs, Bagheri, Christensen, Alonso, Pouso, Blomqvist and so many others who rarely or never featured for us. Wonder how many of them would get a game for us now (if they were the age they were when they signed).

He ended up in the crazy mixed up world of dyslexic entertainment and road kill forming Bally Smart's Carcus.
  • Options
    Wasnt Bally Smart involved in the Shrewsbury League Cup tie, we were leading 3-0 at half-time and then lost 4-3... think it was his only appearance