Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roy Keane - Biggest Tosser in English Football?

He's got a new autobio out. Looks like it will be full of self-serving rubbish, gratuitously showered with swat words to describe his fellow pros, to help burnish his image. But if you read this piece here where he attempts to claim he didn't mean to injure Haarland (see if he convinces you), he appears to reveal there were others on his hit list. And one of them was Rob Lee.

Robert Lee????

What on earth did he do to deserve a possible career ending tackle from Keane?

I'm surprised Matt Holland wasn't on his hit list too.

Actually he's not a tosser, he's a psychopathic tosser.

Comments

• Options
    Can't stand the prick
  • Options

Can't stand the prick

Speaks highly of you G

• Options

Can't stand the prick

Speaks highly of you G

Mate I think hes an idiot. Even when doing punditry he would disagree or be miserable simply for the sake of it. Vieira should have done him some damage when he had the chance.
  • Options

Can't stand the prick

TBH though, on that Viera programme he done, he was an arrogant prick, whose only opinion that mattered was his own.

Id love to still be watching a Premier League with him in it though.

Not many horrible bastards to watch nowadays. knowing they are gonna wind up the opposition and leave a boot in.

• Options

Can't stand the prick

Speaks highly of you G

Mate I think hes an idiot. Even when doing punditry he would disagree or be miserable simply for the sake of it. Vieira should have done him some damage when he had the chance.
    But the punditry was different from anything else G, now all they do is agree and suck each others balls, Dixon, Townsend, Chiles,
    used to love seeing Dixon squirm.
  • Options
    Also stated in the papers that he didn't regret the Haaland tackle. The only way he'll up the sales is sensationalising incidents etc, no surprise he's out to 'speak his mind' (again). We've already had his book anyway, I'm not interested in hearing about the last however many years of his life, I didn't even want to read the first one.

Emotionally he's a scared little boy hiding in a silly beard.
  • Options
    I wouldn't want him as my boss but as a pundit he's good value.
  • Options
    I don't think tosser, I would prefer to suggest THUG.
  • Options
    Why does he need to release another bloody book... Its not like he's concentrating on the parts that werent in the last one either!!

Is a poor example yet how can a bloody Sportsman release more books about themselves than something like a fiction trilogy like the Hunger Games??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why does he need to release another bloody book... Its not like he's concentrating on the parts that werent in the last one either!!

Is a poor example yet how can a bloody Sportsman release more books about themselves than something like a fiction trilogy like the Hunger Games??

Give it 6 months and the book will be available in Poundland.
  • Options

Is an insult to Poundland that is... They shouldnt be forced to sell such shite
  • Options
    wouldn't mind him in our midfield now (in his prime!)
  • Options
    But specifically, what on earth did he have against Rob Lee? Doubtless he will say you punters don't know what goes on, blah, blah,blah. But we are not totally stupid. Batty, Viera, Shearer, sure, they are a group of players whose actions on the field plus off field cqomments are going to wind people up. Including the fans. Robert Lee isn't in that group by a country mile. I can hardly remember him making a tackle for us, because that wasn't what was expected of him.
  • Options
    He's Irish isn't he ?
  • Options

Is an insult to Poundland that is... They shouldnt be forced to sell such shite
    Fair point.

• Options

But specifically, what on earth did he have against Rob Lee? Doubtless he will say you punters don't know what goes on, blah, blah,blah. But we are not totally stupid. Batty, Viera, Shearer, sure, they are a group of players whose actions on the field plus off field cqomments are going to wind people up. Including the fans. Robert Lee isn't in that group by a country mile. I can hardly remember him making a tackle for us, because that wasn't what was expected of him.

Rob Lee is/was best mates with Shearer, so I'm sure he and Keane had their coming togethers
  • Options

Probably the reason there... Rob Lee was a Footballer.. Roy Keane just a thug and can imagine hated more talented players than him
  • Options

Maybe someone will ask him at the Back to the Valley dinner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

great player, great winning mentalilty, the fact that people don't like this is the reason why we as a country have never one anything, I know he's Irish before people throw this back, but if England had more of what drove him on we would have achieved a lot more. Maybe his mentality came from what Cloughie taught him and again we all know how England missed out on Cloughie. On the Viera subject I think we all saw Viera melt in the tunnel after Keane confronted him after Viera was digging out Neville.

Maybe we should at least try someone like Lee Cattermole in the Defensive Midfielder position for England... Would certainly break up play
  • Options
    When someone mentions Roy Keane, the first thing that comes to my memory is Steffen Freund.
    Freund picked on Keane, then promptly shat himself as Keane and Giggs chased him across the pitch at WHL. Oh they were the days lol.
  • Options

When Bellamy said Deano was a to55er i felt the same, what could he have done as he is a great lad? Then his book came out and it didn't cover Deano in glory to say the least.

I guess if Keane has a good non made up reason to not like Rob and want to end his career, then it could be something ugly.

But then again Keane is a bigger nutter than Bellamy so it is probably a load of 5hit as Rob Lee is a nice guy...
  • Options
    Keane knew he could bully Rob Lee so probably just said a lot of shit to scare him, especially in big games.
  • Options

great player, great winning mentalilty, the fact that people don't like this is the reason why we as a country have never one anything, I know he's Irish before people throw this back, but if England had more of what drove him on we would have achieved a lot more. Maybe his mentality came from what Cloughie taught him and again we all know how England missed out on Cloughie. On the Viera subject I think we all saw Viera melt in the tunnel after Keane confronted him after Viera was digging out Neville.

Maybe we should at least try someone like Lee Cattermole in the Defensive Midfielder position for England... Would certainly break up play
    That would be great for 25-30 mins until he got sent off

On Keane - Strikes me that he's built this persona (along with the media during his playing time) and has almost become a bit of a caricature of himself. Bet he sits at home in a pink dressing gown combing that lucious beard whilst listening to Bieber and watching loose women.

Dont mind him as a pundit when Adrian Chiles is on either cause he tends to cut that irritable twat down repeatedly, calling him out on his lack of knowledge and ability is a must for ITV pundits imo.
  • Options

Maybe his mentality came from what Cloughie taught him

Probably true. Didn't Cloughie punch him to the ground at half-time for passing the ball back to the keeper?
  • Options
    Nowhere near as much as a 'hard man' as the media makes out or he likes to make himself look. He was extremely determined and motivated, but never really a 'hard man' in my books - just a miserable person.
  • Options

Can't stand the prick

Speaks highly of you G

When he's a pundit he looks like he's about to deck Chiles. I'm sure we all would, but Keane actually seems offended that he's being asked for an opinion.
  • Options
    Roy Keane was a world class captain and leader on the pitch and a half decent footballer but is an absolute failure in everything else in his life and he knows it. A very angry man.
  • Options
    Keane was a lot better than most people are suggesting, I think Rooney said recently that he was the best passer of the ball he had played with , big complement considering he played with Scholes.