Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roy Keane - Biggest Tosser in English Football?

Comments

• Options

Can't stand the prick

Speaks highly of you G

Mate I think hes an idiot. Even when doing punditry he would disagree or be miserable simply for the sake of it. Vieira should have done him some damage when he had the chance.
    But the punditry was different from anything else G, now all they do is agree and suck each others balls, Dixon, Townsend, Chiles,
    used to love seeing Dixon squirm.
    The quality of the punditry and commentary on all ITV matches make me squirm.

• Options
    PL54 said:

He's Irish isn't he ?

?????
  • Options

PL54 said:

He's Irish isn't he ?

He's a rich, talented, Irish bellend. You have at least one thing in common.

• Options
    He has become a bit of a parody of himself. Always having to say something that will cause a reaction.

Gordon Strachan went down that road in his former life as a Club manager - virtually every interview he would end on a note of rudeness and almost certainly try to belittle the interviewer.

Then he became a pundit and his attitude totally changed before becoming Scotland Manager. And he is far more receptive to interviews as a result of having seen what it's like on the other side of the fence.
  • Options

vff said:
    One of the worst fouls I've ever seen.
    How a pro could do that to another pro is beyond me. He should have gotten a years ban after that. Absolutely disgusting.
  • Options

great player, great winning mentalilty, the fact that people don't like this is the reason why we as a country have never one anything, I know he's Irish before people throw this back, but if England had more of what drove him on we would have achieved a lot more. Maybe his mentality came from what Cloughie taught him and again we all know how England missed out on Cloughie. On the Viera subject I think we all saw Viera melt in the tunnel after Keane confronted him after Viera was digging out Neville.

agree 100% in terms of England, our players need more aggression and arrogance that keano had.
  • Options

great player, great winning mentalilty, the fact that people don't like this is the reason why we as a country have never one anything, I know he's Irish before people throw this back, but if England had more of what drove him on we would have achieved a lot more. Maybe his mentality came from what Cloughie taught him and again we all know how England missed out on Cloughie. On the Viera subject I think we all saw Viera melt in the tunnel after Keane confronted him after Viera was digging out Neville.

agree 100% in terms of England, our players need more aggression and arrogance that keano had.
    The same arrogance and aggression that had him walk out in the middle of a world cup with Ireland? No thanks.
    Exactly. The kind of "winning mentality" we need in the English team is exemplified by Bastian Schweinsteiger. Unfortunately :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Does a video exist of the Keane vs Hartson meltdown that people are mentioning here?

Off course not Prague....and I suspect the story, if indeed it ever happened, has mutated somewhat over time. Personally i've not heard of it and can't find any mention of it online.

Lets be honest, Roy Keane ain't the `melting away' type is he...

I can fully imagine they had an incident. Between the pair of 'em they've rowed with everyone else so odds on they clashed at some point, probably numerous times...but Keane is a proper angry nutter. Blokes like him just don't back down.
    He's smart enough to not get in an actual physical fight with Hartson cos of the obvious but `melt away like an icecream in the hot summer sun'?...nah, not buying that.

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

I'm probably going to get stick for this but I honestly think Keane is one of the most intelligent spoken people in football. I don't think he has management skills based on his time with Ipswich and Sunderland but the things he had said in the past have been spot on in my opinion.

This interview is probably my favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHwCbbG6WY

And his latest quote has put a huge smile to my face:

""To be honest I never cared much for man Utd fans. For the most part, they are clueless glory hunters trying to add a sense of accomplishment to their own pointless lives by jumping on the bandwagon of a successful spotting club, in many cases on the other side of the world."

In my experience, whenever someone starts a sentence with "To be honest", they are being disingenuous.
    If not used in an attempt to deflect attention from the actual dishonesty, it is a totally redundant phrase.
  • Options

Does a video exist of the Keane vs Hartson meltdown that people are mentioning here?

Off course not Prague....and I suspect the story, if indeed it ever happened, has mutated somewhat over time. Personally i've not heard of it and can't find any mention of it online.

I can fully imagine they had an incident. Between the pair of 'em they've rowed with everyone else so odds on they clashed at some point, probably numerous times...but Keane is a proper angry nutter. Blokes like him just don't back down.
    He's smart enough to not get in an actual physical fight with Hartson cos of the obvious but `melt away like an icecream in the hot summer sun'?...nah, not buying that.

Yes it struck me that way. And today, in the latest episode of the Guardian's shameless and regrettable promotion of the book, there is this quotation...

"When I got on the bus John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink. I said to myself: ‘Welcome to Hell.’”|

• Options

Yes it struck me that way. And today, in the latest episode of the Guardian's shameless and regrettable promotion of the book, there is this quotation...

"When I got on the bus John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink. I said to myself: ‘Welcome to Hell.’”|

Uum, okay, Roy's reminiscences on bus travel, crisps and fizzy drinks, sounds like a right riveting read.
  • Options

vff said:
    One of the worst fouls I've ever seen.

Got the ball
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I believe he called Mick Mccarthy an English Bastard during the infamous wc row a few years back.

Judging by the standards usually applied on here that would make him a racist too!! Hang him!!!!

Personally can't stand the man and agree he was a bully on the pitch. Wouldn't go near someone like Duncan Ferguson.

That said a lot of what he says about modern footballers and their attitudes is spot on.
  • Options
    Anyone who makes Adrian Chiles sh*t himself when answering a question is alright..

Fantastic player, his intimidation on the pitch must have been something else.

Crap manager imo but a decent pundit. I remember the Macedonia v England game which ended in a draw. Chiles and Dixon were saying it was a good draw and a must not lose game. Keane pipes up with "sorry but thats rubbish, this is a game England should be winning" followed by comments of lacklustre display and lack of effort, which was spot on. He was a maximum effort for a winning result player and it must have infuriated him to see players like Cleverley and Carrick drossing over the pitch.

Deffo a bit strange in the head aswell though.
  • Options
    In some ways Keane is like Hoddle. Hoddle struggled to relate to players he was managing because they couldn't hit 60yrd passes like he still could. Keane probably can't relate to players not showing the level of commitment he use to put in
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    World class player but only had the bottle to assault people other verbally or physically when the worst he would get was a red card. Puts on the act off the pitch but in reality wouldn't say boo to a goose. If he was really a hard man he'd have the minerals to punch someone off the pitch and face the legal consequences, which he never has.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Haaland incident was one of the most despicable things I've ever seen on a football pitch. AIH was mildly out of order getting in Keane's face when he was genuinely injured, but to go through all the torment and pain of a long term injury like Keane did and carry such a petty grudge for so long and to then, at the end of it all, see it as fit retribution to put AIH through the same agonising process (only worse) shows what a twisted individual he is.

Grade A C*** and someone I wish football had washed its hands of years ago instead of the constant idolizing and hero worship.

I dislike him even more than Pardew, which says an awful lot about what an infinite Twunt I think he is.

Keane had chopped Haarland down from behind and Haarland was incensed about the foul and doubt he knew Keane was seriously injured. Would have said what he said regardless, not because a player was injured. Haarland incident shown here after the Keane tackle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw3FdwC_0A0
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

DiscoCAFC said:

I'm probably going to get stick for this but I honestly think Keane is one of the most intelligent spoken people in football. I don't think he has management skills based on his time with Ipswich and Sunderland but the things he had said in the past have been spot on in my opinion.

""To be honest I never cared much for man Utd fans. For the most part, they are clueless glory hunters trying to add a sense of accomplishment to their own pointless lives by jumping on the bandwagon of a successful spotting club, in many cases on the other side of the world."

In my experience, whenever someone starts a sentence with "To be honest", they are being disingenuous.
    If not used in an attempt to deflect attention from the actual dishonesty, it is a totally redundant phrase.
    That goes with "With all due respect!" ie "I think you are a twat!"
  • Options
    At least Keane could launch an attack in 45mins.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

cafcfan said:

DiscoCAFC said:

That goes with "With all due respect!" ie "I think you are a twat!"
    Too true. A work colleague of mine shouted down the phone to his manager "With all due respect, you've really f*cked this up haven't you?"
  • Options
    He may be a good coach but as a manager he is not good. Man management is very important. You don't want the players being too ruley or getting away with murder but Keano's style is poor.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Everything comes out of a place of pettiness with Keane. You could say he's right over the handball situation, but the only reason he arrived at that conclusion was because he was revelling in the IFA's misery as he felt is was revenge for them not backing him when he decided to storm out of the World Cup. The fact he brings up the 2002 World Cup and his issues with John Delaney says it all. I don't know how Keane survives with all the minor infractions he feels the need to take revenge over.
  • Options
    I remember him bouncing off of George Costa.
  • Options
    Well he is a deep and troubled soul to be sure but I would be delighted to have a RK Mk2 prowling in midfield for CAFC