Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clive Mendonca

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:

Shut the thread then, it's not as if this topic hasn't been covered in the previous 12 months . Ps I've heard that leaburn works the doors, shall we raise some money and save his poor soul too ?

who said anything about raising money??

#closethisthreadplease
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

shine166 said:

Shut the thread then, it's not as if this topic hasn't been covered in the previous 12 months . Ps I've heard that leaburn works the doors, shall we raise some money and save his poor soul too ?

who said anything about raising money??

#closethisthreadplease

Someone about 4 posts in on the previous page

But yes, please close thread
  • Options
    I went to the Clive Mendonca evening and it was superb, had a great time.

Immense player, club legend and a top guy.
  • Options

Seriously this has been done. Super Clive Is a club legend and always will be and deserves respect and admiration, but, he has a home has a job and is providing well enough for his family, hardly needing a charitable whip round, if anything it's disrespectful to him and all other average working men to suggest he needs it.

If you don't like this thread, why don't you just choose another and not bother with this one?
  • Options

Seriously this has been done. Super Clive Is a club legend and always will be and deserves respect and admiration, but, he has a home has a job and is providing well enough for his family, hardly needing a charitable whip round, if anything it's disrespectful to him and all other average working men to suggest he needs it.

If you don't like this thread, why don't you just choose another and not bother with this one?
    The thread was titled "Clive Mendonca" it could have been anything about him. As I said the guys a legend so why not click on it, also didn't say I didn't like the thread I said the notion of fundraising for him has been done and tried and is also uneccessary.
  • Options

The thread was titled "Clive Mendonca" it could have been anything about him. As I said the guys a legend so why not click on it, also didn't say I didn't like the thread I said the notion of fundraising for him has been done and tried and is also uneccessary.
    Right, you've clicked on it, realised it's not for you, but yet still have more comments in it than any other poster. Probably best you find another one to read.
  • Options

Super Clive was at my wedding. Not literally of course - Mrs KKB, as one of her few concessions to get me to turn up on the day and participate, allowed me to have player names instead of table numbers at the reception. Based on favourite players since I started regularly going to games in 1985 (which excluded the uni years so some decent players missed out), I had something like:

Mendonca (top table)
    Melrose
    Kiely
    Rufus
    Parker
    Kinsella
    D Bent
    Powell
    Humphrey
    Leaburn

Just thought I'd share that.

That is superb mate.

Not sure how I would feel being put on the Bent table though....
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Super Clive was at my wedding. Not literally of course - Mrs KKB, as one of her few concessions to get me to turn up on the day and participate, allowed me to have player names instead of table numbers at the reception. Based on favourite players since I started regularly going to games in 1985 (which excluded the uni years so some decent players missed out), I had something like:

Mendonca (top table)
    Melrose
    Kiely
    Rufus
    Parker
    Kinsella
    D Bent
    Powell
    Humphrey
    Leaburn

That is superb mate.

Not sure how I would feel being put on the Bent table though....
    Cheers. Could have been worse - I had to be very firm with the printer who almost put M Bent on the sign because for some reason he came up first when he did his 'research'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All those guests you didn't like, but had to invite were made to sit on the Francis table at the back of the hall............
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Not asking for the thread to be closed but why can't people show a club legend some respect

Maybe because lots of people got ripped off las time they tried that ?
    What happened ? I thought dozy bollox Jones took forever to get signed pictures out but everyone got them in the end .... Or did this not happen ??
  • Options

The Hat Trick he scored in the Play Off Final, probably changed our club forever, maybe we should be looking, as a club to help him and his family. A lot of posters on CL probably have no ldea who he is........only saying!!

great sentiment .. unfortunately, previous attempts at 'helping him out' have backfired .. shame, what you write is very true .. he, with help from the rest of a terrific team of course, changed CAFC history ...
    @Lincsaddick‌ - I wasn't aware of this. What did people try and do for him/how did it backfire?
  • Options
    Was the Leaburn table for all the guest who couldn't score at a wedding
  • Options

Mendonca (top table)
    Melrose
    Kiely
    Rufus
    Parker
    Kinsella
    D Bent
    Powell
    Humphrey
    Leaburn

I did exactly the same at mine in 2006! And I also had Parker, Mendonca, Kinsella, Leaburn, Powell and Rufus as well as Curbishley (top table), Hunt, Lee and Hales. Great minds and understanding wives.................
  • Options

Mendonca (top table)
    Melrose
    Kiely
    Rufus
    Parker
    Kinsella
    D Bent
    Powell
    Humphrey
    Leaburn

Can't believe you didn't have a mike small table....#disgusted.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The Hat Trick he scored in the Play Off Final, probably changed our club forever, maybe we should be looking, as a club to help him and his family. A lot of posters on CL probably have no ldea who he is........only saying!!

great sentiment .. unfortunately, previous attempts at 'helping him out' have backfired .. shame, what you write is very true .. he, with help from the rest of a terrific team of course, changed CAFC history ...
    @Lincsaddick‌ - I wasn't aware of this. What did people try and do for him/how did it backfire?
    I've picked up on the gist of it now from the other thread. But did Clive know what happened?
  • Options

Ha, Charlton fans on a Charlton Forum shouldn't click on a thread titled "Clive Medonca" !
  • Options
    Bet he still knows where the back of the net is⚽️🥅super clive mendonca
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe SG & LB should have paid him a visit ?
  • Options
    Is he on SG's radar.... ?
  • Options
    Looks like they also have Gary Croft there.  Assume it is a vets team of some sort.  I am guessing when normality returns @ElfsborgAddick may make a trip on his non league wandering and look forward to his report!
  • Options
    Sunday League?
  • Options
    This thread is over 6 years old. SIX YEARS!

Why big just a new one as the latest bump has nothing to do with the previous posts.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Off_it said:

Why big just a new one as the latest bump has nothing to do with the previous posts.
    I totally agree. And it's very easy to miss new news when there's an old subject title on a thread you don't bother reopening. But unfortunately there are a few self-appointed mods with severe thread organisation OCD who have managed to 'police' the site to this stage. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Off_it said:

I totally agree. And it's very easy to miss new news when there's an old subject title on a thread you don't bother reopening. But unfortunately there are a few self-appointed mods with severe thread orhanisation OCD who have managed to 'police' the site to this stage. 
    Couldn’t agree more. News about players’ injuries on their “Signed!” Thread, some two years after they signed.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Normally I'd agree. But
    1) I wasn't sure if someone had already started one
    2) it's an ex player turning out for a Sunday league side. Hardly ground breaking!
  • Options
    Looks like he's taken care of himself over the last 20 years.