Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Decent away followings of the last 25 years........

13»

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Bristol City 94 FA Cup. Six thousand fans.
    Ipswich 81 FA Cup. Five/Six thousand fans

Ipswich away think we lost 2-0 to a top Ipswich side , brilliant atmosphere.
  • Options
    Bit off topic but - just out of interest - did anyone on here go to the League Cup tie at Old Trafford in autumn 1974? It was the season we won promotion from the third and their only season in Division Two after being relegated after that Denis Law backheel. We lost 5-1 but Peter Hunt scored a screamer for us in the first minute.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Bit off topic but - just out of interest - did anyone on here go to the League Cup tie at Old Trafford in autumn 1974? It was the season we won promotion from the third and their only season in Division Two after being relegated after that Denis Law backheel. We lost 5-1 but Peter Hunt scored a screamer for us in the first minute.

I was there. was a student at the time, and hitched to Manchester and after the game dossed at an ex-girlfriends, she and he brother (both from Bromley) came to Old Trafford with me. The sequence of events was noise (from a small crowd by their standards), game kicks off, silence as we score. I was aware of about seven other Charlton fans around the half way line under what must've been the TV gantry. I am sure Lou Macari scored. Anyway that was the one second division season Man U had whilst we were in the third.

After the game at a chip shop I heard the chippy ask a lad about the score, and he said 5-1, but we want those City ****'s in the next round, which I think happened, and Man U won.
    Hitched back to London the next morning. Hitch-hiked to a lot of games when I was basically a flat broke student.
  • Options

Beambacks i remember:

Man U - one midweek one, think Mark Fish scored for us (i was at the beamback )

Yeah I was at The Valley watching that, god knows when. We took the lead through Fish, but think we lost 2-1.

• Options
    No, we didn't take the lead! And it was 2001 - The report's here
  • Options
    Talking of beambacks , does anyone remember a beamback at the old Valley Club for a Luton fixture when they banned away fans and we were at Selhurst , in fact I think it may have just been a recording of the fixture from earlier on in the day
    No idea of the result or whether I'm just making this crap up
  • Options
    Yes mate was at the beamback it was in the evening, tried to avoid the result but bloody, seemed futile going to watch a game you knew you had lost 1-0
  • Options
    Battle of the Bridge-Chelsea away 88. Miller 1-1. We must have taken at least 3500 that famous day. Maybe more
  • Options

Battle of the Bridge-Chelsea away 88. Miller 1-1. We must have taken at least 3500 that famous day. Maybe more

That was a memorable day. I'd just started going out with a girl I was mad on and thought it would be a nice date if I took her to the Bridge. She chucked me at 5.30.

• Options
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For noise, 2-2 at Arsenal, us in yellow just after the news we were going back to The Valley.

This was the one my Dad took me to as a 15 year old . We got there a bit close to kick off and my Dad asked a copper which end was the away fans , copper says "South stand" . You've probably guessed the rest , Morts scores the first , me and Dad jump up and no one else does .
  • Options
    One that always stick in the mind for me is West Ham in the late eighties. It wa the year they had a really good side, with McAvennie and Cottee up front. I think they finished third or something that year. Crammed into that shitty away end it seemed there were about 3000 of us (though probably a damn sight less). Chiefly remember it for a goal up the other end from us after about 10 seconds, and we ran them ragged - won 3-1 I think.