Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird gaps in your upbringing

Comments

• Options

Never been a millionaire
    and i'll tell ya mama, I don't care......

"lost paraguayos"

• Options
    lolwray said:

lolwray said:

never got told by parents about the birds and the bees

Do you want to chat fella?
    do you have any professional counselling qualifications ?

No, but I can tell you some stories that'll make your eyes water!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

Great opening comment. I have never seen Star Wars, nor do I ever want to. You can also add to that list Grease. Watched about a minute of an inbetweeners episode and thought it was toilet.

Nothing like giving something a fair crack of the whip.

Mind you, it's sixty seconds more than our Greenie gives stuff before making his mind up... ;-)

(Never seen the Inbetweeners myself BTW).
  • Options

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

Great opening comment. I have never seen Star Wars, nor do I ever want to. You can also add to that list Grease. Watched about a minute of an inbetweeners episode and thought it was toilet.

Mind you, it's sixty seconds more than our Greenie gives stuff before making his mind up... ;-)

IMO Algarve you're not missing much. Admittedly that was based on my 60 secs viewing, but I know what I like re: comedy. Also as a show it gets too much hype. Anything that starts to build up a lot of hype and the majority of people start to like it, I tend to go the other way. Then more and more people like it, talk about it, and I get more wound up with it.

Other recent examples of this were the 'collaboration' of artists on the bbc redoing the beach boys song 'god only knows'

Basically I'm a grouch and get wound up by a lot of 'popular culture'

I realise I shld be putting this on the 'general things that annoy me' thread but had a sudden urge of anger
  • Options
    Never saw Otis Redding live
    Never shagged my wife's sister
    Never managed to pack up smoking
    Never won anything
    Never lost in a fight with any of the young ones ( oh, then I have won something )
    Never stole 32 copies of "Im the Urban Spaceman" and got away with it.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

IMO Algarve you're not missing much. Admittedly that was based on my 60 secs viewing, but I know what I like re: comedy. Also as a show it gets too much hype. Anything that starts to build up a lot of hype and the majority of people start to like it, I tend to go the other way. Then more and more people like it, talk about it, and I get more wound up with it.

Other recent examples of this were the 'collaboration' of artists on the bbc redoing the beach boys song 'god only knows'

I realise I shld be putting this on the 'general things that annoy me' thread but had a sudden urge of anger
    I'm like that with Mrs Browns boys, never watched it and not bothered if I never do to be honest.
  • Options
    Never eaten jellied eels.

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me.
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

I'm like that with Mrs Browns boys, never watched it and not bothered if I never do to be honest.
    I had to watch about 6 of those on the coach on the way back from Bristol City away 2 years ago. It was okay. I enjoyed other coach regulars singing along to the theme tune more to be honest.

They use to show some classics in the mid/late 90s. 'My dog skip' with Kevin Bacon. The whole of the Millwall night victory in the snow (great win), but someone put it on about 4 years later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never tucked my genitals between my legs and danced naked in front of a mirror to see how pretty a girl I'd make.
  • Options
    Never learned to ride a bike.
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

At first I though, how can you watch something and have an opinion in 60secs, Inbetweeners is quality.

Then I remembered Mrs Browns Boys, 20secs, that is all, have avoided it like ebola ever since.

• Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

At first I though, how can you watch something and have an opinion in 60secs, Inbetweeners is quality.

Then I remembered Mrs Browns Boys, 20secs, that is all, have avoided it like ebola ever since.

Different comedies for different needs. Also a variation on a line from another good comedy IMO - who can guess
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

Different comedies for different needs. Also a variation on a line from another good comedy IMO - who can guess
    I want to understand the second sentence but cant :)
  • Options
    Never written on a forum about my hair or relationship status.
  • Options
    Never seen The Godfather
  • Options
    Talal said:

Never seen The Godfather

Take time out to do that. Fantastic film.
  • Options
    Never seen scarface
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Never seen:
    Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption (Up until last month)
    Rocky Films
    Jurassic Park
    Harry Potter

Never had sky sports.
    Never smoked
    Never taken any drugs
    Never known my limit with drink
    Never hit anyone (other than at kickboxing)
    Never had a threesome
    Never bought a lottery ticket
    Never shop lifted.
    Never been to a music festival
    Never been happy for Manchester United to win a football match, ever.
    Never eaten a bannanna

• Options
    Jurassic Park is awesome.
  • Options

Never learned to ride a bike.

Same for me, just never really wanted one as a kid, prefered my skateboard, not got around to learning in adult life.
  • Options
    24 Red said:

I've never had a cup of tea or coffee.

What never? Weird
  • Options

Never eaten a banana

Seriously?
  • Options

Never eaten a banana

Seriously?
    Deadly. Eugh!!!
  • Options
    Never taken drugs (apart from prescription/boots)

Never not had a pet, (cats, budgie,tortoise,hamster), cannot understand why you wouldn't, animals make a house a home

Never had a pot noodle (despite being born in Newcastle)
  • Options

Never eaten a banana

Seriously?
    Deadly. Eugh!!!
    How do you know they're eugh if you've never eaten one?
  • Options
    Beating Millwall
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I knew there were some very odd people on Charlton life and this thread highlights that more than any other.

Here are just some very strange highlights.

Never eaten a banana.

Never had a cup of tea or coffee

Never rode a bike

Never seen The Godfather

Never ironed anything

Never had curry

Never voted (in my late 40s).

I find these bizarre

We you lot are a strange bunch,