Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird gaps in your upbringing

Comments

• Options

Never eaten a banana

Seriously?
    Deadly. Eugh!!!
    They're the perfect fruit. Come in their own packaging and everything.
  • Options

I knew there were some very odd people on Charlton life and this thread highlights that more than any other.

Here are just some very strange highlights.

Never eaten a banana.

Never had a cup of tea or coffee

Never rode a bike

Never seen The Godfather

Never ironed anything

Never had curry

Never voted (in my late 40s).

I find these bizarre

We you lot are a strange bunch,

Never eaten a banana wins for me.
  • Options
    Surely has to be never had a cup of tea for the winner.
  • Options
    Brilliant shortlist Beds. It's the tea/coffee one for me.
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

Great opening comment. I have never seen Star Wars, nor do I ever want to. You can also add to that list Grease. Watched about a minute of an inbetweeners episode and thought it was toilet.

Nothing like giving something a fair crack of the whip.

Mind you, it's sixty seconds more than our Greenie gives stuff before making his mind up... ;-)

(Never seen the Inbetweeners myself BTW).
    IMO Algarve you're not missing much. Admittedly that was based on my 60 secs viewing, but I know what I like re: comedy. Also as a show it gets too much hype. Anything that starts to build up a lot of hype and the majority of people start to like it, I tend to go the other way. Then more and more people like it, talk about it, and I get more wound up with it.

Other recent examples of this were the 'collaboration' of artists on the bbc redoing the beach boys song 'god only knows'

Basically I'm a grouch and get wound up by a lot of 'popular culture'

I realise I shld be putting this on the 'general things that annoy me' thread but had a sudden urge of anger
    I'm like that with Mrs Browns boys, never watched it and not bothered if I never do to be honest.
    At first I though, how can you watch something and have an opinion in 60secs, Inbetweeners is quality.

Then I remembered Mrs Browns Boys, 20secs, that is all, have avoided it like ebola ever since.

Different comedies for different needs. Also a variation on a line from another good comedy IMO - who can guess
    I want to understand the second sentence but cant :)
    Was a bit cryptic. "Me lager, finchy lager, Gareth cider sometimes lager. Different drinks for different needs"
  • Options

I knew there were some very odd people on Charlton life and this thread highlights that more than any other.

Never eaten a banana.

Never rode a bike

Never ironed anything

Never had curry

I find these bizarre

These are probably the only ones that actually deserve to be on the list. Films you haven't happen to have seen don't really count, everyone has missed out on at least one of the "classics", unless they are Mark Kermode or Barry Norman. Neither do places you have not been to, sports you haven't done or cars you haven't driven.

How come not eating bananas or curry is weird, but not eating couscous isn't my little Wader chum? ;-)
  • Options
    Is not seeing a film really that weird?! If it's on netflix I'll watch it post-haste.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Never eaten a banana.

Never rode a bike

Never ironed anything

Never had curry

I find these bizarre

These are probably the only ones that actually deserve to be on the list. Films you haven't happen to have seen don't really count, everyone has missed out on at least one of the "classics", unless they are Mark Kermode or Barry Norman. Neither do places you have not been to, sports you haven't done or cars you haven't driven.

How come not eating bananas or curry is weird, but not eating couscous isn't my little Wader chum? ;-)
    It is a little but it's not in the banana / curry ballpark!
  • Options
    Ive never had an Oreo and i now see myself too far gone to have one.
  • Options
    I've never had a cup of tea / coffee either... Hate hot drinks, wont go near any of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Never had a snake-belt.

On the tea/coffee question, does it make it more normal now that we have two people like that or is that stranger still? For me it it's just doubled the weirdness. I just cannot fathom how anyone could have gotten through life constantly managing to swerve something as central to our culture.
  • Options

I've never had a cup of tea / coffee either... Hate hot drinks, wont go near any of them

How do you know you hate them?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Never had a snake-belt.

On the tea/coffee question, does it make it more normal now that we have two people like that or is that stranger still? For me it it's just doubled the weirdness. I just cannot fathom how anyone could have gotten through life constantly managing to swerve something as central to our culture.

Do you mean a snake-bite Stig? ie the drink that litters student bars all over the UK
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No, snake-belt to hold your trousers up. When I was at school (I'm very nearly 50), they were all the rage, but I never had one. As for snake-bites, I'm afraid you'll have to try harder than that to find a drink I've never had ;-)
  • Options
    if we're going down that route. I didn't have anything that was global hypercolour. didn't get it. why would you want bits of your t-shirt to show where you were hot!?
  • Options
    Stig said:

No, snake-belt to hold your trousers up. When I was at school (I'm very nearly 50), they were all the rage, but I never had one. As for snake-bites, I'm afraid you'll have to try harder than that to find a drink I've never had ;-)

A snake belt? I'd never heard of one of them until now. They look very 'madness', ie an accessory I can see Suggs wearing in a video to a madness song with some braces
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Stig said:

A snake belt? I'd never heard of one of them until now. They look very 'madness', ie an accessory I can see Suggs wearing in a video to a madness song with some braces
    Haven't seen one of those for decades...mine was green and gold.

Back on thread I never had any sort of musical lessons at school growing up, not so much as a stab at London's Burning on the recorder.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Weirdly I threw my son's old Cubs snake belt out only last week.

If only I'd known I would have kept it for you
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Never been a millionaire
    and i'll tell ya mama, I don't care......

"lost paraguayos"

Same album.........but True Blue.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Stig said:

Same as, I never had one either. But then I never had many fashionable things, because I got into rock n roll/rockabilly at such a young age. Course there were "fashions" within that scene, and I probably went for every one of them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

lolwray said:

Never been a millionaire
    and i'll tell ya mama, I don't care......

"lost paraguayos"

Same album.........but True Blue.
    beg pardon ..yeah never a dull moment !

• Options

How do you know if you've never had one?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I didn't drink tea or coffee until my early 20s, and that only stayed as 'occassional' to about 5 years ago. Before that the only hot drinks i ever had were Ribena or Bovril. How you could get to Bovril whilst stepping over tea or coffee i'm not sure!

Nor did i eat a banana until my early 20s
  • Options
    Bit concerned how few of the many things posted here have passed me by. I must have led a very full life. But there are a handful including the mudchute and X Factor (NB that is not an exclusive list;all rights reserved)!

Was trying to think of one nobody else has said. Never had mumps - does that count?

BTW all those who have never tried skiing, you should. Great fun.
  • Options

I didn't drink tea or coffee until my early 20s, and that only stayed as 'occassional' to about 5 years ago. Before that the only hot drinks i ever had were Ribena or Bovril. How you could get to Bovril whilst stepping over tea or coffee i'm not sure!

I wont ask about kumquats then ...!!!!
  • Options
    Never had a gap year! What is all that about?
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

You can ask, but a gentleman never tells..

• Options

Riscardo said:

You can ask, but a gentleman never tells..

Dogging?
  • Options

I have never downed a pint of anything

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Seen Star wars.

Never appealed.

For some reason I brought a star wars themed t shirt a couple of weeks ago yet have no interest star wars since seeing the original? I need help
    Not watching Charlton this season is getting to me