Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket office to shut EVERY Wednesday & Thursday (latest update page 9)

Comments

• Options
    That is a joke. It's simply impossible to have a ticketing operation where you cannot see someone face to face if need be.

Maybe they are trying to get rid of every single one of us so they can play games behind closed doors and save even more money.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Shut now on Wednesday's as well now. Give it a couple of months and the office will be closed on a permanent basis for face to face basis sales/enquirers.. What other football club does this? Farcical!

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-ticket-office-2753572.aspx

It's priceless that they cannot even explain what the point of shutting the windows is, since there is no cost saving at all. The windows are not staffed in the first place and removing the ability to hand over the ticket, which can be bought on the phone from the car park, will actually create work.

Of course they'd like everyone to buy online, so they can cut the staff further, but given that tickets are the main variable income stream the club has, making it progressively more difficult for some to buy is mad. People were just laughing at the club over this on the train back to Euston last night.
  • Options
    Maybe they consulted with Freaye and he said that in his experience none of the clubs he has managed at previously have such extensive ticket office opening hours and that it has never affected their attendances.?

If there is no cost saving then I don't really understand the point, just a further move away from customer service really. The timing bugs me more than the actual decision though. They know their fans/customers are unhappy and basically this proves they could not give a sh1t or they would have delayed the announcement.
  • Options
    Converting the ticket office into flats.
  • Options
    I suppose if you're not selling tickets........
  • Options
    The cost saving will come when they shut it completely and sub contract the online/phone service. Just draft some temps in for match days: although maybe this will be machines.
    Not news the ticket staff want to hear but seems little point otherwise.
  • Options
    redman said:

The cost saving will come when they shut it completely and sub contract the online/phone service. Just draft some temps in for match days: although maybe this will be machines.

I'm sure that's the general aim, but as posted on another thread it's a misunderstanding of (or perhaps just a refusal to accept) the way some people buying tickets want to interact with the club, especially new supporters. In addition, it's quite difficult to recruit and retain trained staff just to work matchdays, as they need knowledge of both the system and the stadium. See also the complaints about the catering servers.

If the ticketing is outsourced then the cost won't disappear, but it will likely be passed on to the fans as booking fees.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any facts on the current volume split between face to face sales and all other sales ?
  • Options
    redman said:

The sad thing is they could probably do away with staff REALLY easily... Bring in the touchscreens (like what you get at Debenhams or Marks and Spencer where you can buy things on their website, in store), you just select yourself where you want to sit and then use the card machine located next to it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sralan said:

How about shutting the ground on match days, save quite a few quid on stewarding the place :-0

Good idea.
    We also now only need the goal we are defending so perhaps our subs could move it to the other end during half time as well as do all the divot replacing. That'd save 50% of our post and net budget and we could make some ground staff redundant.
  • Options

sralan said:

How about shutting the ground on match days, save quite a few quid on stewarding the place :-0

Good idea.
    We also now only need the goal we are defending so perhaps our subs could move it to the other end during half time as well as do all the divot replacing. That'd save 50% of our post and net budget and we could make some ground staff redundant.
    We also only need half the pitch as well, use white tape for the lines and move them during half time too
  • Options
    You'd think they're expecting a rush...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Another Target20k success "open a ticket office huh"

Regardless of who done it first - it's her idea

huh
  • Options
    Always thought a ticket office 'window' in superstore would be a reasonable idea weekdays but not some days there and some main office. Pointless.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

Always thought a ticket office 'window' in superstore would be a reasonable idea weekdays but not some days there and some main office. Pointless.

It makes sense during the week, as it gets people into the shop. I imagine the shop must be pretty quiet during the week on non matchdays, even during the PL days I can't imagine many people visiting during the week

• Options

Markg2004 said:

It makes sense during the week, as it gets people into the shop. I imagine the shop must be pretty quiet during the week on non matchdays, even during the PL days I can't imagine many people visiting during the week

Nope, that is where you are wrong.

The reason the club shop is so empty on a matchday is because there is a constant stream of supporters buying the cheap, quality gear that is in there during the week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't been into the club shop for a while. Anyone know if they do any Charlton branded cleaning products?

I was initially thinking of tea towels for Christmas but if they do toilet roll with an SMT motif or anti-bacterial spray with the Charlton logo on it, I may be prepared to have another look.
  • Options
    Great news.

Gearing up for the huge rush of sales when Roland sells.

It's happening
  • Options
    No accompanying .gif, it can't be happening yet....
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

Indeed. Was tried before unsuccessfully and found to create all kinds of issues, but it is an improvement on the status quo and a first step on the road to reversing a move that was always nonsensical.
  • Options
    I went to a fairly badly run cinema in rugby with my boy while up looking after mum following an operation.

They didn't have a ticket office at all, you could only buy tickets online in advance, or from any of the retail tills.

Go and get your popcorn and soft drinks, happy to sell you a ticket, the screens turn round so they can show you the seating options, you select from the available seats and off you go.

While it was a soulless experience buying the tickets and I got charged a fortune for some popcorn and a bottle of water, it was strangely effective.

The film was Storks by the way and it's not going on my top 10 list but it was pretty good.

I didn't get charged a turn up on the day premium and there were only about 30 of us there so it's not directly comparable to most home games yet.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

The ticket office has better opening times than any of the NHS services in my region, don't think it's that bad.

I'll leave this comment from October 2014 here.. :star:
  • Options

Markg2004 said:

Indeed. Was tried before unsuccessfully and found to create all kinds of issues, but it is an improvement on the status quo and a first step on the road to reversing a CEO that was always nonsensical.
    Fixed for you Airman.
  • Options
    Assuming it works ok (choice of seats, no double booking etc), it's a good idea.

The problem of course, is that they should have done this in the first place, when closing the ticket office.

I feel that they are making some attempts to improve matters, but it's too little too late.

You can't tell & also demonstrate to your customers, that you don't care what they want and that Roland will do it his way.

Then, when it's too late and your customers have gone, because you showed that you don't value them, try and win them back.
  • Options
    For those complaining...My opinion is that this is a moan too far and comes across as whinging for whinging sake...like most I am anti- regime, but this type of petty hole picking does not help the cause....pick your battles
  • Options
    More opportunities to sell things nobody wants - sounds like a winner to me.
    Katrien is listening tho, yeah, learning from the mistakes of the past. Give me strength.
    As we usually find out how the genuine 'bums on seats' attendance, will the number of souperstore ticket sales also find its way out into the public domain? Can't imagine the souperstore staff are gonna be struggling under the weight of demand. Might occasionally alleviate the crushing boredom of staffing a customer-free shop of unwanted merch for days on end, when a stray bewildered soul drifts in to buy a match ticket.