Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Francis Coquelin - pg11 - returned to Arsenal?***

Comments

• Options
    Lol fair enough.
  • Options
    I think we would be allowed to change the loan in January window to a longer term loan until the end of the season.

I base this on no knowledge of the rules but it would be a pretty illogical prohibition given that the market is open for transfers and loans generally at that time.

I guess it would be a case of a brand new loan contract in January and I can't see why he would be prevented from signing.

• Options
    I'm not really sure why some of you lot are going to town regarding whether or not we can extend the loan.
    The club will suss it, chill out!

As for Francis, first good look at him in a Charlton shirt on Saturday and thought he was excellent.
    Perhaps lacked a bit of match fitness towards the end, but thank goodness he was there to fill in for Buyens when he had to.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Jarman said:

I'm not really sure why some of you lot are going to town regarding whether or not we can extend the loan.

As for Francis, first good look at him in a Charlton shirt on Saturday and thought he was excellent.
    Perhaps lacked a bit of match fitness towards the end, but thank goodness he was there to fill in for Buyens when he had to.

We can extend the loan it's whether he can sign a new loan in Jan that's unsure :-) You're right though, doesn't make much difference on here but I'm probably wrong anyway, haven't played football manager in a few years...
  • Options
    Jarman said:

True, although I do think we miss Buyens' nasty streak in midfield when he doesn't play.
  • Options
    I thought emergency loans were only for keepers. Why would you have that for midfield players?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I thought emergency loans were only for keepers. Why would you have that for midfield players?

I think all loans outside the transfer window are technically emergency loans. It's a way around the transfer deadline rules. Stupid rule, but football is full of those.

• Options
    But he then has to leave until January when we might sign him or take him back on loan until the end of the season
  • Options
    Jarman said:

I bet you didn't say that for Simon..........
  • Options
    If Arsenal let him go, he's good enough to get a contract in the French League 1, on more money than Charlton will offer him. he's here to put himself in the shop window and get some playing time. I doubt if he is looking at the Championship as his next option. a few more performances like Saturday and the lower end of the premiership may be interested. As with all professional players he will go with the club offering the most dough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jarman said:

True, although I do think we miss Buyens' nasty streak in midfield when he doesn't play.
    Buyens has a nasty streak?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Jarman said:

Buyens has a nasty streak?
    Loves a professional foul... Good on him!
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

If Arsenal let him go, he's good enough to get a contract in the French League 1, on more money than Charlton will offer him. he's here to put himself in the shop window and get some playing time. I doubt if he is looking at the Championship as his next option. a few more performances like Saturday and the lower end of the premiership may be interested. As with all professional players he will go with the club offering the most dough.

True
    Some of our best players are loans in Coquelin, Buyens and possibly Bulot so no guarantee any of them in the squad by the end of January.
    I wonder what Charlton are offering top players as we can afford more with a smaller squad and if we know there is a potential resale.
    For sure we want to keep talent as long as possible but better players pay the bills when they leave as long as they are in contract.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

In that case, he was absolutely shit on Saturday.

stealing a living as a footballer.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Not doubting this at all but it does throw up the question of why we bothered to get him in for such a short time. It wasn't as if we are desperate for a central midfielder. We've been desperate for a striker for months with nothing happening so why a midfielder where we did have at least adequate cover. Seems odd.

• Options
    We wanted to take him for longer, but Arsenal only prepared to commit to a month initially until they could see he was getting game time and that we had a plan for him.

So we will probably try to extend on that basis, but then again, does not sound like they are trying to offload him to us for good...
  • Options
    When is he out of contract ? Someone earlier said this summer ?
  • Options

When is he out of contract ? Someone earlier said this summer ?

Not sure if anyone has confirmed whether this is corrrect or not.
  • Options
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/coquelin-signs-new-long-term-contract

Only says "long term" here but was signed in January 2012 so unless he's signed an extension since, it's not unreasonable to assume he's in the last year of his contract.
  • Options
    Can someone ask Katrien
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The loan system seems unnecessarily complicated
  • Options
    Arteta out injured as well now, not looking good for an extension.
  • Options
    Arteta
    Ozil
    Flamini
    Diaby
    Wilshere
    Rosicky
    Ramsey

The players in bold are injured

so out of the 7 CM who are ahead of Coq in the pecking order only 3 remain
  • Options
    I can see the Coq returning to Arsenal and getting O Keefe from Palace.
  • Options
    Coq is not in their 25 man squad and not one of their U21 players so he won't get game time until January
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Rumoured to be going to Blackpool
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Rumoured to be going to Blackpool
    Scrap that then.

• Options

Coq is not in their 25 man squad and not one of their U21 players so he won't get game time until January

Oh ok. Good stuff.
  • Options

he is in their 25 man squad http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-25-man-premier-league-squad-4158517
  • Options

he is in their 25 man squad http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-25-man-premier-league-squad-4158517
    Oh ok. Not so good stuff.