Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnny Vaughan

Has anyone listened to him on Talksport. How annoying he is, whenever his guests or co-presenter are talking, he just interrupts all the time. He just ahh, hmm and says the same words over and over again until he finally decides what to say. He completely monopolises any conversation Why anyone in charge thinks he should be on a radio sport programme, they obviously do not listen to him. He was doing a Saturday morning show but is covering now on the weekday morning show why the usual presenter is away. I know their will be people who like him but I think he is worse than Phil Neville. I think I will give this radio station a miss for a while and find something else to listen to in my car. Sorry for the rant, I have just got out of my car

Comments

• Options
    Classic signs of stress that is.
  • Options
    I agree Ross , i thought he was shocking , every time i've heard him , i thought he'd wondered into the wrong studio.
  • Options
    Whenever he's on talksport covering Colin Murray I switch off. Would much rather Danny Kelly than him.
  • Options
    And there's me ready to discuss my Razzle collation.
  • Options
    Thankfully I've been spared his latest egotistic ramblings but the guy just isn't funny. He was an absolute nightmare hosting Fighting Talk on 5 Live, seldom letting superior guests get a word in, and throwing in ridiculous false guffaws to suggest that it was all riotous fun. Nauseating.
  • Options
    Damn! Thought this thread was going to be about the other kind of Johnny Vaughan (and I'm not talking about our ex goal-keeper).
  • Options
    For what its worth i thought he was brilliant when he did fighting talk, its never been the same since.
  • Options
    I thought he was better when he used to wear a top hat and cane and kick his leg in the air.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    R.I.P Johnny Vaughan.

Seriously . I can't listen to the man. For the most part , he sounds like a comedy character pretending to be a radio presenter.
  • Options
    completely agree, re tune every time he comes on the air
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    absolutely anyone but Colin Murray
  • Options
    can't take listening to him, he reminds me of myself. Genuinely thinks he is a lot funnier than he actually is.
  • Options
    I think he's brilliant on Saturday mornings…just me?
  • Options

yes
  • Options
    "How annoying he is, whenever his guests or co-presenter are talking, he just interrupts all the time. He just ahh, hmm and says the same words over and over again until he finally decides what to say. He completely monopolises any conversation Why anyone in charge thinks he should be on a radio sport programme, they obviously do not listen to him."

Could be talking about Danny Baker there.
  • Options
    He thinks he's great and a bit of a chap when really he's just a twat.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Has anyone listened to him on Talksport. How annoying he is, whenever his guests or co-presenter are talking, he just interrupts all the time. He just ahh, hmm and says the same words over and over again until he finally decides what to say. He completely monopolises any conversation Why anyone in charge thinks he should be on a radio sport programme, they obviously do not listen to him. He was doing a Saturday morning show but is covering now on the weekday morning show why the usual presenter is away. I know their will be people who like him but I think he is worse than Phil Neville. I think I will give this radio station a miss for a while and find something else to listen to in my car. Sorry for the rant, I have just got out of my car

Agree. I used to like him on Big Breakfast years ago but cant stand him. I turn over to 5live whenever he is on now for the reasons you say.
  • Options
    This is from the Danny Baker Saturday morning show. Five Live.

https://audioboom.com/boos/1112274-danny-baker-s-spaceman-interview
  • Options
    Cant stand the guy and never understood how he is still getting jobs in the broadcasting industry. The radio just seems to amplify what a gobby, annoying bellend he is
  • Options
    2 ok spells for us. Too small for a keeper and would not pass the CL Height test these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't stand him. Switch off/over when he comes on. Makes murray sound great which takes some doing.
  • Options

Makes me laugh as well. Gobby, annoying bellends can be funny can't they?
  • Options

Makes me laugh as well. Gobby, annoying bellends can be funny can't they?
    I like to think so!
  • Options
    Does anyone remember his show happiness? They had a guy with false legs do a bungee jump, brilliant!
  • Options
    Well its probably only me but he cracks me up
  • Options
    Always listen to him during the drive to The Valley on a Saturday. Quite a lot of schoolboy humour, but at least his show is different.

My teenage step son loves it - particularly the injury update.

Tight hammy
  • Options
    School boy humour is probably why I like it

• Options
    ross1 said:

Was listening to the same show and thought the exact same thing-one of the other members of the panel kept trying to prompt him to let Gary Bennett talk about Sunderland and he'd let him talk for a few seconds then start banging on about something else irrelevant in a bizarre accent. I haven't listened to him for a while so not sure if he's always like that but he came across as a man on the edge. I found it unlistenable.....
  • Options
    HandG said:

ross1 said:

Was listening to the same show and thought the exact same thing-one of the other members of the panel kept trying to prompt him to let Gary Bennett talk about Sunderland and he'd let him talk for a few seconds then start banging on about something else irrelevant in a bizarre accent. I haven't listened to him for a while so not sure if he's always like that but he came across as a man on the edge. I found it unlistenable.....
    Trust me, he is always like this
  • Options
    Never liked him myself, definitely one to avoid.