Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnny Vaughan

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

Has anyone listened to him on Talksport. How annoying he is, whenever his guests or co-presenter are talking, he just interrupts all the time. He just ahh, hmm and says the same words over and over again until he finally decides what to say. He completely monopolises any conversation Why anyone in charge thinks he should be on a radio sport programme, they obviously do not listen to him. He was doing a Saturday morning show but is covering now on the weekday morning show why the usual presenter is away. I know their will be people who like him but I think he is worse than Phil Neville. I think I will give this radio station a miss for a while and find something else to listen to in my car. Sorry for the rant, I have just got out of my car

Jonathan - you're only jealous that you haven't been given a breakfast radio show. Given that is the case, I'm not sure why your rant isn't aimed at your brother, Paul.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Has anyone listened to him on Talksport. How annoying he is, whenever his guests or co-presenter are talking, he just interrupts all the time. He just ahh, hmm and says the same words over and over again until he finally decides what to say. He completely monopolises any conversation Why anyone in charge thinks he should be on a radio sport programme, they obviously do not listen to him. He was doing a Saturday morning show but is covering now on the weekday morning show why the usual presenter is away. I know their will be people who like him but I think he is worse than Phil Neville. I think I will give this radio station a miss for a while and find something else to listen to in my car. Sorry for the rant, I have just got out of my car

Jonathan - you're only jealous that you haven't been given a breakfast radio show. Given that is the case, I'm not sure why your rant isn't aimed at your brother, Paul.
    Sorry, who is Jonathan and Paul?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Ross
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Ross
    I think you are mistaking me for Ross who also comments on here, I am Ross1
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I think you are mistaking me for Ross who also comments on here, I am Ross1

• Options
    seth plum said:

This is from the Danny Baker Saturday morning show. Five Live.

https://audioboom.com/boos/1112274-danny-baker-s-spaceman-interview

Just sat and listened to that. Thought it was a great interview.

The one thing that struck me as odd was when Piers Sellers mentioned spanners, yet DB didn't follow it up with "No-one likes us"............
  • Options

ross1 said:

Sorry AA, a bit slow in my old age, very funny
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This is from the Danny Baker Saturday morning show. Five Live.

https://audioboom.com/boos/1112274-danny-baker-s-spaceman-interview

Just listened to that Seth, absolutely riveting. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I thought he was better when he used to wear a top hat and cane and kick his leg in the air.

give him the moonlight .. give him the girl .. and leave the rest to him ... ((:>)
  • Options
    I don't believe it! Driving along, listening to Adrian Durham (not everyone's cup of tea) discussing Man City last night, when who should phone the show, Johnny bloody Vaughan, completely takes over conversation, and he is a Chelsea follower (I do not call him a supporter, as I do not know if he was watching them before the Russian came in). Why can't he just stick to his own show, then I can ignore him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does my nut in.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I don't believe it! Driving along, listening to Adrian Durham (not everyone's cup of tea) discussing Man City last night, when who should phone the show, Johnny bloody Vaughan, completely takes over conversation...

Give it a rest will ya. If your not gonna explain the whole situation why he called up, what the subject was and what he actually said then you just come across as a bit of a bitter twat.
    ross1 said:

...and he is a Chelsea follower (I do not call him a supporter, as I do not know if he was watching them before the Russian came in)

Oh right so you don't actually know how long he's followed Chelsea but to fit your personal hatred of the bloke you're gonna assume he's a glory hunter fan. You're wrong btw.

You don't like him, fair enough, we get that....but don't make shit up to try hammer your point home.
  • Options
    I know Colin Murray's accent can be a little irratating at times but then again he probably thinks South London accent is irratating as well but Vaughn is so annoying. He really talks out of his back side.

It was sometime back in the summer when he was sitting in for Murray and Vaughn's co presesenters were trying to shut him up when he was talking about something that they completely disagreed with and I did not agree with him either.

I turned over to Smooth (where was some decent tracks) when I was in my car this morning.
  • Options

ross1 said:

I don't believe it! Driving along, listening to Adrian Durham (not everyone's cup of tea) discussing Man City last night, when who should phone the show, Johnny bloody Vaughan, completely takes over conversation...

Give it a rest will ya. If your not gonna explain the whole situation why he called up, what the subject was and what he actually said then you just come across as a bit of a bitter twat.
    ross1 said:

...and he is a Chelsea follower (I do not call him a supporter, as I do not know if he was watching them before the Russian came in)

Oh right so you don't actually know how long he's followed Chelsea but to fit your personal hatred of the bloke you're gonna assume he's a glory hunter fan. You're wrong btw.

You don't like him, fair enough, we get that....but don't make shit up to try hammer your point home.
    I said why he phoned up, to discuss Man City on Wednesday you surely do not expect me to remember everything he said, even if I had carried on listening. I have not made anything up, as I said I do not know if has been following Chelsea before the Russian, is that not clear?
  • Options
    He kind of epitomises the amateurish ramblings of Talksport in general. Real low quality tosh that's top heavy with a whole clutch of wanna-bees. Danny Kelly and H&K aside, it's just not worth the effort! An example of claptrap of the highest order!!
  • Options
    Talksport is the Daily Sport of radio but I love it
  • Options
    I got to admit that when driving I do like to listen to a sports show and most of the people on Talk Sport are OK, in my opinion
  • Options
    Vaughan is just a grasping public school bellend.

• Options
    I can't listen to Talksport . The adverts every five minutes does my head in not to mention the presenters. 5 Live for me.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Totally agree. Danny Murphy had a few insightful things to say but that oaf kept interrupting with gibberish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

I said why he phoned up, to discuss Man City on Wednesday you surely do not expect me to remember everything he said, even if I had carried on listening. I have not made anything up, as I said I do not know if has been following Chelsea before the Russian, is that not clear?
    No you didn't.

Durham and his co presenter Alvin Martin were discussing/asking why Man City appear to have a block when playing Champions League games in general. Vaughan phoned in (its a phone-in show) to say that Chelsea suffered from exactly the same kind of mental block in their early years in the CL and explain a theory as to why. It was a very plausible/valid theory and Durham/Martin even commented afterwards that it was the most serious they'd ever heard him speak on a football matter. If you'd bothered to listen rather than spitting and cursing at your radio you'd have figured out the relevance of his call.
    Instead you implied that he shouldn't have even called in cos hes `Chelsea' and nothing to do with Man City and `completely took over the conversation' like he'd hijacked their show or something.

I repeat, you claim to refer to him as a `follower of Chelsea' and not a `supporter' cos of your assumption that he's a glory hunting fan. I'd say thats making something up. Is that not clear?

You just tried to put your own slant on his very brief appearance on Durhams show cos of your personal dislike of the bloke whilst ignoring the facts...and also chucking in your own guessed `hes a glory boy' line. You just didn't take into account anyone else here possibly hearing the show and pulling you up on it.

• Options
    But he is annoying though.....

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

No you didn't.

Durham and his co presenter Alvin Martin were discussing/asking why Man City appear to have a block when playing Champions League games in general. Vaughan phoned in (its a phone-in show) to say that Chelsea suffered from exactly the same kind of mental block in their early years in the CL and explain a theory as to why. It was a very plausible/valid theory and Durham/Martin even commented afterwards that it was the most serious they'd ever heard him speak on a football matter. If you'd bothered to listen rather than spitting and cursing at your radio you'd have figured out the relevance of his call.
    Instead you implied that he shouldn't have even called in cos hes `Chelsea' and nothing to do with Man City and `completely took over the conversation' like he'd hijacked their show or something.

I repeat, you claim to refer to him as a `follower of Chelsea' and not a `supporter' cos of your assumption that he's a glory hunting fan. I'd say thats making something up. Is that not clear?

You just tried to put your own slant on his very brief appearance on Durhams show cos of your personal dislike of the bloke whilst ignoring the facts...and also chucking in your own guessed `hes a glory boy' line. You just didn't take into account anyone else here possibly hearing the show and pulling you up on it.

He is incapable of an interview without interrupting and making everything about him all the time. I used to love him in the early days of his stint on The Big Breakfast.

• Options
    I stopped listening to Capital Breakfast when he took over from Chris Tarrant. I nearly crashed the car when listening to Tarrant at breakfast when Tarrant was telling on his fun quirky stories as I was lauging so hard.
  • Options

I know Colin Murray's accent can be a little irratating at times but then again he probably thinks South London accent is irratating as well but Vaughn is so annoying. He really talks out of his back side.

It was sometime back in the summer when he was sitting in for Murray and Vaughn's co presesenters were trying to shut him up when he was talking about something that they completely disagreed with and I did not agree with him either.

I turned over to Smooth (where was some decent tracks) when I was in my car this morning.

Good station is Smooth. Keep it up!
  • Options
    his sunderland fan impression to michael gray the other day was genius. I'd spent the previous evening at selhurst park in the sunderland end and it was bang on the money. He can be hit and miss though
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

No you didn't.

We will have to agree to disagree, and I can do that with out insulting you, you should try it sometime. Are you related to him?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I can't listen to Talksport . The adverts every five minutes does my head in not to mention the presenters. 5 Live for me.

I'm struggling with the new daytime 5Live schedule after 10am. Used to enjoy both Victoria Derbyshire's and Sheleagh Forgerty's shows. How the **** has Adrian Chiles wormed his way back on there with his own programme? Thankfully he's only on twice a week. Peter Allen is brilliant but I miss him on Drive. However I am a fan of Tony Livesey. The afternoon show with Dan Walker and Sarah Brett doesn't seem to work for me yet. Sarah Brett covered Stephen Nolan quite a bit over the last year and was excellent but she doesn't seem so assured in this slot.
    Although I no longer work I'm still an early riser and the breakfast show is excellent. Rachel Burden, Nicky Campbell and George Riley are an excellent team and fulfill the objectives laid down in the BBC's charter: To inform, educate and entertain.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

No you didn't.

We will have to agree to disagree, and I can do that with out insulting you, you should try it sometime. Are you related to him?
    Personally I find JV very hit and miss but if you're going to come on a public forum posting spin and made up rubbish then you can't be surprised if anyone comes back at you. I caught you out, live with it.

Insulting you and am I related to him? Grow up for Gods sake.
  • Options
    tell him to piss off Ross1.

Grow up - is there a more irritating saying.