Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cleverly vs Bellew 2

Comments

• Jim Watts commentary is like the post match comments threads on here. Can play bingo by it.

I thought Smith looked static, granted the guy he was fighting was tough but he was an easy target and talking of him fighting George Groves next year is laughable. Quigg is good and is fighting within himself for me, that's the problem. This is not a pay per view card, none of these fights has any jeopardy hence I think the British guys are just going through he motions.

I'm really pissed of with myself for buying it so far.
  • At this rate the main event won't be on till after midnight.
  • Don't need another 3 12 rounders if I'm gonna make the main event...Joshua won't go past 2 or 3 luckily
  • Carter said:

Jim Watts commentary is like the post match comments threads on here. Can play bingo by it.

I thought Smith looked static, granted the guy he was fighting was tough but he was an easy target and talking of him fighting George Groves next year is laughable. Quigg is good and is fighting within himself for me, that's the problem. This is not a pay per view card, none of these fights has any jeopardy hence I think the British guys are just going through he motions.

Totally agree Carter, Smith in no way looks Workd Champ material.
    I bought the fight for the Clev/Bellew and DeGale bouts. Although I thought the Quig/Japanese fight was ok.

And why is AJ fighting Sprott? What will he learn?
  • Carter said:

Jim Watts commentary is like the post match comments threads on here. Can play bingo by it.

It's free on Sky 872.
  • Don't need another 3 12 rounders if I'm gonna make the main event...Joshua won't go past 2 or 3 luckily

Periban never been stopped up against Degale now. It could be a long night.
  • A question for Carter and NLA, whose opinions I value most on this forum when it comes to boxing.

Anthony Joshua. The guy clearly has pedigree. He's quick, strong and very powerful. I really rate him.

The question is, how good is he? Are we looking at the next British world heavyweight champion in a couple of years??
  • Too early to tell Chrissy, he's only been fighting bums.
  • Great finish from Degale!
  • But why no count? Ridiculous!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think at the stage he is at in his career he is very promising. He is being hyped up way too much, he has not been in with anyone that would trouble him and until he is in with a tasty heavyweight we won't know. Price was hyped up and was not ready technically or mentally to fight Someone capable of taking a few telegraphed sidewinder.

He could do worse that take a few fights in Germany against durable eastern Europeans. Sprott is from the previous generation of decent British heavyweights. Good opponent for Joshua tonight but won't last long.
  • Degale fight stopped too early.
  • Howard foster strikes again. Degale looked good thou.
  • As for Joshua as long as he has a semi decent chin he will be world champion. Has all attributes needed like Lewis did.
  • Howard getting the schedule back on track. Two real shockers coming up. 100 to one and 40 to one on. Four rounds between them.
  • I know it's very early in his career. Just wanted to get people's opinion at this stage. I agree with the comparison to price at this stage of his career.

Definitely an early stoppage there. Fair play to degale though. I thought he was in for a tough night but he proved me wrong
  • Guarantee groves and degale will square up to each other at the end of this fight!
  • All I'd say about Joshua is he is very stiff. But heavyweights tend to be early on in their careers.
  • Groves cut and struggling with the southpaw
  • Groves looks crap tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmm shows what I know.
  • Much better round for groves this one
  • Douglin winning by three rounds at the moment to me. Groves seems to have had a word with himself and has pulled his finger out
  • Groves slowly improving as this one goes on but looks well below his best tonight. I think he may have been anticipating an easy night.

Boring undercard so far, Degale finish the only bit of excitement but it was against an overweight, out of shape lad who now hasn't won in his last 4 fights.

Watching Barry and Eddie Hearn chuckle at ringside is starting to wind me up as I know they are just laughing at mugs like me paying 15 quid to watch this tripe.
  • I reckon Groves is only hanging around at Super Middle because he wants a payday with DeGale. He looks a bit drained.
  • Yeah when hearn shrugged his shoulders and said 'that's how it is' after the quigg fight and saying how quigg will turn up when he fights better guys had me angry. This card is shit.

The fighters are treating it with contempt as well and matchroom are taking the piss
  • Thought it last fight and same again tonight, Groves has lost all self belief in his fighting
  • Groves bit better but still lacks timing
  • Thought it last fight and same again tonight, Groves has lost all self belief in his fighting

I think he's lost focus his concentration is all over the place
  • That guy was tough work, would say Degale is favourite in a rematch.