Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryan Mason and the players buried in PL squads

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Southbank said:

The only way to change this would be to level the playing field by limiting every club to a fixed number of players.

25 isn't it?
    Assuming you mean in PL squads, teams are allowed unlimited u21 players.
  • Options
    I wonder if Scott Sinclair regrets leaving Swansea
  • Options

Great question, would love to know the answer to that.

Sure he has made a shitload of cash - fair enough - but he also fucked his career and has started SIX games in the last two and a bit seasons.

You can't just turn form on and off like a tap and Sinclair may never get back the form he showed at Swansea.
  • Options
    Earn £500 in league 1 or sign a 3 year deal on 5k is a no brainer. Technically you earn a careers worth of money in that 1 contract, have access to some amazing facilities and coaches... And then get released a few years later. It's ok for us fans to take the moral high ground, but we are not the ones with a 15 year (if lucky) career
  • Options
    Seems that most on here are saying grab the money while its there as its a short career but when Diego Poyet does it he's called a money grabbing ungrateful so and so.
  • Options
    Chelsea have at least 25 players out on loan and just sold one to Everton for £28m last summer.
    The advantage of our network (or Watford) is that players can find the right level without fees and agents.
    Let's hope things work out with Coquelin and he stays for if we can secure loans from Arsenal that can only help us, the players and them.
  • Options
    people assume prem youngsters (U21 leagues) are on big money...maybe for the top end clubs but majority wont be earning mega bucks.

• Options

Great question, would love to know the answer to that.

Sure he has made a shitload of cash - fair enough - but he also fucked his career and has started SIX games in the last two and a bit seasons.

You can't just turn form on and off like a tap and Sinclair may never get back the form he showed at Swansea.
    Apparently he rejected moves away over the summer so I think he must be happy enough picking up his pay packet, running around a bit a few mornings a week
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Earn £500 in league 1 or sign a 3 year deal on 5k is a no brainer. Technically you earn a careers worth of money in that 1 contract, have access to some amazing facilities and coaches... And then get released a few years later. It's ok for us fans to take the moral high ground, but we are not the ones with a 15 year (if lucky) career

No, most of us have to work for the best part of fifty years mate... LOL.
  • Options

I think he's one of the bigger idiots out there... Started out successfully @ Bristol Rovers before moving on to Chelsea where he wasnt given a chance, countless loan periods happened (with the majority being failures)... Gets his break as a Footballer at Swansea only to ruin it by joining Manchester City

You think the idiot will have learnt from his crap spell @ Chelsea wouldnt you!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked horrific at the time.

Reports that he has fractured his skull and has a bleed on the brain.
  • Options
    Wishing him a speedy recovery and hoping for the best. Respected him a lot for moving to Hull to get first team football
  • Options
    Poor guy !

We can but hope & pray that his injury is not as serious as suggested.
  • Options
    My immediate reaction was that it was a shame he might miss a few games - he was a good signing and Hull need him. Now I just hope he lives. What a shame for the lad, by all accounts he's a lovely bloke.
  • Options
    Hull City statement just now. Whilst sounding serious hopefully suggests the original Mirror story was sensationalised.

"The Club can confirm that Ryan Mason sustained a skull fracture in our fixture at Chelsea this afternoon.
    He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital where he has undergone surgery.

Ryan is in a stable condition and is expected to remain in hospital for the next few days.

Everyone at the Club would like to express their sincere thanks for the excellent and swift care given to Ryan by both the Accident and Emergency department and Neurosurgery Unit at St Mary’s Hospital.

A further update will be issued tomorrow"
  • Options
    That still sounds bad, but better than the Mirror report
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Sincerely hope he makes a full recovery. The Mirror reporting truly reflects the term gutter journalism. Mind you, the title of this thread is also rather inappropriate in the current circumstances. (I appreciate it is old and out of context.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't see very much difference between the Mirror's news story and Hull's statement. In my view they both describe a very serious situation for the player.

I hope he makes a swift, full and very speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I can't see very much difference between the Mirror's news story and Hull's statement. In my view they both describe a very serious situation for the player.

"Fighting for his life"..."concern mounting over Mason’s condition."...that's far more evocative language (to put it mildly) than the Hull statement used.
  • Options
    I have a funny feeling that Chizz wouldnt have the same view if The Sun or Mail went with that headline.
  • Options

Chizz said:

The Hull statement says he is stable which is very different from fighting for his life.
    What I'm trying to say is that Hull's statement, on its own, describes a very worrying set of circumstances for the player. If I'd read that on its own, I'd be in no doubt he's dangerously ill.
  • Options
    Hope he recovers his health first and foremost. Nothing else matters but if he recovers to the extent that he can continue his career then I'm sure he will come back an even better player.
  • Options
    I don't really think calling someone undergoing emergency skull surgery fighting for their life is too far from the truth. Definitely not the worst thing a papers ever done.

Either way, hope he makes a full recovery.
  • Options

I have a funny feeling that Chizz wouldnt have the same view if The Sun or Mail went with that headline.

The Mirror's headline is Hull's Ryan Mason undergoes surgery after suffering fractured skull in sickening collision with Gary Cahill. I honestly can't see anything objectionable in that. Maybe you do; and, of course you'd be entitled to think so.

For the record, the Mail have gone with Hull player Ryan Mason fractures skull, undergoes surgery and The Sun used Ryan Mason rushed to acute trauma hospital after being carried off in neck brace with oxygen mask following sickening clash of heads with Gary Cahill, both of which, in my view, are fine.

Although The Sun included an unnecessary, sensationalising quote as a prefix to the headline, which wasn't helpful.
  • Options
    The Mirror have now changed their headline