Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Hughes, Australian Cricketer RIP

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Just watched the Clarke tribute on my iPad whilst in a boozer for lunch. Completely and utterly done me. I suspect my fellow drinkers now have me down as a mentalist.
  • Options
    A beautiful tribute by Michael Clarke, had my eyes very moist I do admit. Never knew an Aussie could do emotional so well.
  • Options
    Think it would be a magic touch from England if just one of the Ashes tests next year was a non-bouncer game.

Not all, just one, as a tribute.

• Options
    red_murph said:

Think it would be a magic touch from England if just one of the Ashes tests next year was a non-bouncer game.

Not all, just one, as a tribute.

don't think Hughesy would want that ,

I think any time anyone gets to 63 there should be a nice stand up round of applause
  • Options
    I wonder what effect mentally this is going to have on Clarke. He has been through so much and been so supportive that it is is going to be a while before he will be able to get himself right and will need a lot of support himself.
  • Options
    It was somewhat disappointing to see the Sri Lankan fast bowler not so much bowling a bouncer but then following it with the usual verbals.

Just for one day and given that all the players were wearing the black arm band as a mark of respect I just hoped that the verbal intimidation could be left in the dressing room for once.
  • Options
    Also ssaw an interview with Clarke where he was speaking about sean Abbott and said something along the lines of when you feel ready to come back to the game ill be the first to get down the other end and hit them back at you... nice touch I thought!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

I wonder what effect mentally this is going to have on Clarke. He has been through so much and been so supportive that it is is going to be a while before he will be able to get himself right and will need a lot of support himself.

Agree with you there.. I know it's different but being a Surrey fan when tom Maynard died it was interesting to see the effect it had on Rory Hamilton brown.. It affected his game and he never got back to being the player he was.. I'm not sure how he's got on at Sussex but it seems he hasn't made much of an impact..
  • Options
    RIP

63 N/O
  • Options

"We must dig in and get through to tea. And we must play on.

So rest in peace my little brother. I’ll see you out in the middle."

An unbearably beautiful and haunting end to a fine tribute from Michael Clarke

Couldn't agree more, Prague.

I've always had massive respect for Michael Clarke but the way he has handled himself through this has been an exemplar of compassion, empathy and dignity. He is a fine human being.

Rest in Peace, Philip.
  • Options
    Phil Hughes has been listed as 13th Man for the first Test against India in Adelaide, starting 9 December. A great tribute, well done Cricket Australia
  • Options
    Sean Abbott takes 6-14 on return after Phillip Hughes death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/30444609
  • Options
    To make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, Jason Hughes, Phil's brother, was out for 63 yesterday playing club cricket for Mosman