Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bad Blood (Fury/Chisora, Saunders/Eubank Jnr)

Comments

• edited November 2014
    So what can we gleen from tonight?
    The Hearnes piss all over the Warrens.
    Not a sell-out.
    Atmosphere poor.
    Everyone effed off before the end.
    Barry has successfully passed his empire on to his extremely impressive son and Frank hasn't.
  • Disappointing fight the last one. I've got to say fury was well controlled and could have stopped that a lot earlier if he wanted to.
  • Anyone watching on a good stream? I thought my Freeview had BoxNation as an ecrypted channel - I'm sure it used to - but turns out it doesn't. Planned to just watch the last 2 fights but may struggle now.

http://www.streamking.org/boxn.html
    Much obliged fella, thanks.
    No worries.

Saunders to retire if he losses, how serious is he about that?!

Doesn't need to worry now. Cracking match-up that though. If Eubank had started round 1 how he was from the sixth, he'd have nicked it if he had the engine. Rematch will happen.
  • Chisora is fast becoming the next Audrey Harrison....
  • edited November 2014
    Riviera said:

So what can we gleen from tonight?
    The Hearnes piss all over the Warrens.
    Not a sell-out.
    Atmosphere poor.
    Everyone effed off before the end.
    Barry has successfully passed his empire on to his extremely impressive son and Frank hasn't.

There is no way last week's show was better than tonight's, you must be on crack. The only poor fight tonight was the last. The rest were proper 50:50s.

Last week you had Groves at 1/100 against a nobody. Wins by KO. Degale 1/7, against a bloke who hadn't won in his previous 4. Wins by KO. Don't get get me started on Cleverly Bellew. The "big fight", and it was only marginally better than Fury and Chisora's crock of shit!
  • edited November 2014
    Well I'm not on anything actually and where did I mention last weeks card? I was talking generally. Young Hearne is in with Sky and generally his fights are all over anything Frank Warren can offer; venues, atmosphere, ticket sales etc.
  • edited November 2014
    I just saw Steve Bunts telling me in what must have been a recorded link about the wonderful WORLD CLASS BOXING we'd just seen from the Excel.
    Boxnation is poor and must be losing money hand over fist.
  • What how's that then
  • Shocking fight, Chisora actually looked stoned or sedated. As for Tyson Fury, blokes a mug boxer who gets destroyed already by Anthony Joshua let alone Vladimir Klitscho.
  • Went to the fight last night , was one of the most piss poorly oraganised events I've ever been to. Stewarding inside was pretty much non existent. Our seats were outer ring and people were just standing on seats from the Eubank BJS fight onwards. The bar was shut before the end of the Saunders fight and they anounced over the worlds least clear PA system ever at 12.20 that the last train back to town was at 12.30.

About a quarter of the crowd left before the Fury fight started and withing 6 rounds another quarter had gone. I left after nine rounds of this but I had the luxury of the fact that I had driven , I pity those that hadn't.

Also they just opended the doors before the Fury V Chisora fight so anyone could walk in for free.

• Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Chisora is fast becoming the next Audrey Harrison....

After losing last night following 5 wins? What are you on about?
  • Anyone think Eubank will stump up the £100k? Best fight of the night had BJS well ahead and was surprised it was a split decision, can't wait for someone to give Fury a pasting
  • buckshee said:

Went to the fight last night , was one of the most piss poorly oraganised events I've ever been to. Stewarding inside was pretty much non existent. Our seats were outer ring and people were just standing on seats from the Eubank BJS fight onwards. The bar was shut before the end of the Saunders fight and they anounced over the worlds least clear PA system ever at 12.20 that the last train back to town was at 12.30.

About a quarter of the crowd left before the Fury fight started and withing 6 rounds another quarter had gone. I left after nine rounds of this but I had the luxury of the fact that I had driven , I pity those that hadn't.

Also they just opended the doors before the Fury V Chisora fight so anyone could walk in for free.

All sounds standard fare for a frank Warren show mate.
  • I was thinking something similar actually.
  • Worst event i have ever been to. Not sure if it was Frank Warren or the excel or both but i can asure i will not be returning to either a frank warren show or the excel. People pissing up the walls due to all the toilets bar one outisde the arena on the concourse being shut, No drinks in the arena, the lateness of it all meaning i missed the main event. Terrible, terrible event.
  • Worst event i have ever been to. Not sure if it was Frank Warren or the excel or both but i can asure i will not be returning to either a frank warren show or the excel. People pissing up the walls due to all the toilets bar one outisde the arena on the concourse being shut, No drinks in the arena, the lateness of it all meaning i missed the main event. Terrible, terrible event.

I got lucky as I drove and parked at Royal Albert but I still didn't get in until gone 2am.

It was the way the Saunders V Eubank fight finished and everyone went out to get a drink , saw the bar was shut and in the main just pissed off home.
  • It's frank Warren. I've been to the excel centre loads of times for events other than boxing with huge amounts of people and there is never the issues his shows have. Always a paltry amount of bars and bar space. Also always hardly any toilets open. I've got no idea if this is because it's boxing and the types to crowds end up there or what.
  • Which probably means he has to pay per toilet or per bar. He don't have to use either so it won't bother him
  • Carter said:

It's frank Warren. I've been to the excel centre loads of times for events other than boxing with huge amounts of people and there is never the issues his shows have. Always a paltry amount of bars and bar space. Also always hardly any toilets open. I've got no idea if this is because it's boxing and the types to crowds end up there or what.

Ok i take it back about the excel. Done lots of matchroom shows and other promoters but this was my first Frank Warren night. Will be my last. Everything just seemed like hard work.
  • It was the fact that you went in and they tore the stub off your ticket but the toilets were back outside so you went out for a slash and when you came back in you just showed your already torn ticket.

This meant that for instance a group of four lads could go in then one could come out to use the toilet and bring all four stubs with him then get three more lads back in for free.

The stewarding in the main arena was non existent. People were standing on chairs at ring side to get a view and in the bar area people were slashing up the walls and smoking and sniffing gear.

It's an exhibition center I'm afraid not a sports venue.

One of the other things was there was a Lego exhibition on in the other bit which finished around the same time the boxing started so there were thousands of pissed up charged up lads on the concourse bouncing into families coming out of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• The same as it was Wembley for froch vs groves

Not enough bar staff, not enough toilets, and gear being done on the seats the stairs the concourse, the bars, any where it could be without a care of who was there,

It's just the way it is unfortunately Wembley is a sports venue and it was still the same
  • Boxing events as a whole then. Would have thought Wembley was better set up for that is all.

The O2 has been fine as a reasonably big boxing venue whenever I've been to one there. I remember at haye v Enzo there were some fucking brutal fights on the concourses and a lot of chisel being done as well as smoking in the seats. Heard there was about 30 arrests made 8 the following week. I chalked a lot of the behaviour down to us and Millwall being at home that day and a lot of people who had been at both games on huge sessions (don't think haye ring walked until about 2am) it was chaos getting out.

Compare that to hamburg for the klitschko fight and there were thousands of blokes on the lash on premium german alcohol and no doubt substances too and hardly any bother. No pikeys see. Plus the German police are absolutely brutal themselves and armed to the teeth for anything like that. When you watch an errant, aggressive Russian/ukranian get battoned to within an inch of his life for shouting at bar staff it encourages you to behave I guess.
  • Brook v Matt Hatton at the Sheffield Arena was bad, loads of fights in the seating area near me & my mate had one bloke literally jump over us to get at someone. Biggest crime of the night was at the bar when they tried to serve us shandy instead of beer!
  • I actually missed the Carl Froch KO punch because I got distracted by a fight a couple of blocks away. More fights broke out as the scabs celebrated with a bloke in front of me coming very close to falling off of the upper tier! The stewards just stood away and let them get on with it, I think their role was just to help people find their seats. Lots of open smoking and snorting going on, people are far better behaved at football!
  • edited December 2014
    I've been going to professional boxing since the late 70's when Mike Barrett (Royal Albert Hall) and Harry Levine (Wembley Arena and Conference Centre) were the main promoters in London. Nothing changes - there were fights in and around the arena back then (Minter/Hagler at Wembley Arena being a prime example!).
  • Anyway I enjoyed it all. Well Del Boy was a bit flat, but the rest was well matched. Crawford looked fantastic, closing in on the top three or four in the world.
  • How did you rate eubank

First five I thought this kid is way out of depth

But then we he turned on the eubank stamina and endurance, matched his old man's style of thirty seconds boxing in a three minutes Rd

He looked very dangerous, and looks to have more power than anyone in this weight division over here

Skeete impressed me the most and is turning into a very good domestic and European, back foot boxer

• Has warren said anything about the main event bring held in front of a half empty venue?

Box nation can't be happy either. Charging monthly for a premium service and the top of the bill showing gaps all over arena.
  • Frank Warren won't give a shit he'd already sold the tickets. Not his problem if nobody who paid could make it home after the main event.

Nor will he give a shit what his subscribers saw.

In his defence the card was miles better even on paper than the mess served up by matchroom the weekend previous.

And yes nla skeete won that fight for me, and eubank is going to be a very dangerous operator in that division. If he'd boxed from the beginning instead of trying to take billy-joes head off for five rounds it could have been very different outcome
  • Unreal mate wernt it, it's as if he knew as most of us did that BJS was going to be so pumped to ko him that he would really go hell for leather and then he would absorb what he threw at him then 2nd half pick him off, what I didnt get is when he was losing the first three so bad, he wasn't told to go out and nick one and slow the points down for two rds then go back to the plan, two split rds and eubank wins that fight imo

I could watch skeete box all night, what a jab and superb footwork