Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bad Blood (Fury/Chisora, Saunders/Eubank Jnr)

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I saw him stop chas Simmons and look very, very impressive doing so. He came and sat with his family who were sat next to me that night and he's a bloody nice bloke
  • Options
    I'm glad you both thought the same about Skeete as we did . When not influenced by the commentary it's sometimes hard to pick a winner but we thought he boxed well behind the jab picking off Gavin most of the time , was genuinely shocked when Gavin got it.
  • Options
    Working off the back foot behind the jab you need to really impose yourself, I can see how Gavin got it, but I didn't agree tbh and watching it back last night I still think skeete should have got that decision
  • Options
    The name and reputation got the decision not the performance
  • Options
    No way Gavin won that fight. Most people around me fort same, I had Skeete 3 rounds up. Gavin came forward but threw nothing. He has no pop at this weight and was poor IMO.

I thought Eubank nicked that fight he was dominant in second half for me. Billy joe gas got a great chin in him.

Did not see much trouble tbh it was a standard nite at boxing to me. All I saw one guy in pool of blood on way out but it looked more like he had fallen in hard floor than beaten up..,
  • Options
    I had Gavin the winner. Technically Skeete is a very skilled counter-puncher with fast hands but somewhat one-dimensional. He's a pure counter-puncher which meant I could count on one hand the times he actually lead - amateur boxing is about punches landed, professional boxing is about aggression, power of punch, variety of attack and in my opinion Skeete lacks all of these. That said, I still believe Gavin landed more punches.

I had BJS a winner by 2 rounds - he won the first 4, maybe 5 rounds and then Eubank won 5 of rounds 6-12. How the judge who scored it 116-113 to Eubank saw the fight is beyond me.
  • Options
    Thought Gavin won narrow, but enjoyed the bout. CEJ was the big surprise for me. Thought he'd get blasted away. Needs to get his old man out of his career. I think he threw more uppers than jabs. Second or third round he needed to use his size and crack in some point scorers, but they were all mucking around in the corner, senior pulling faces and Ronnie Davies acting as little more than a sponge man. Also, if he'd been seriously tested he'd have been better able to sustain for full rounds. As it was he was knackering himself with showy shots and losing rounds to a more experienced boxer.
  • Options
    That pretty much sums it up there mate
  • Options
    From what I've been told Khan is coming back to fight under Warren.
  • Options
    Apparently CEJ told Ronnie to shut up at one point, when the guy was trying to tell him how not to lose the fight. Incredibly stupid. Also he said he didn't need a trainer and said he was just there to apply the Vaseline. Hopefully he's had a bit of sense literally knocked into him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it was sugh a sad site to see with RD being used like that, and the total circus that surrounds him, I understand the psychological impact on the opponent as he really got under Saunders skin,

Saunders came out of that with a lot of credit and will have improved because of that fight

Gavin imo looked out of salts and a shadow of his former self, skeete looked class and will only get better
  • Options

I thought it was sugh a sad site to see with RD being used like that, and the total circus that surrounds him, I understand the psychological impact on the opponent as he really got under Saunders skin,

Saunders came out of that with a lot of credit and will have improved because of that fight

Gavin imo looked out of salts and a shadow of his former self, skeete looked class and will only get better

Agree RD should walkaway but tbf he gave a very bad piece of advice when he was allowed to speak.

Skeete won that fight. Gavin needs to train and eat properly to improve. He needs to be at LWW where he would at least have some power - a strength and conditioning coach is needed.
  • Options
    What did he say, I can't recall him saying anything at all
  • Options
    It was literally go and fuck him up at end of round 3/4 I fink. It was not insightful,
  • Options
    BOXER Dereck Chisora has landed a blow on Tyson Fury, 72 hours after their bout ended.

After breaking into Fury’s bedroom, Chisora produced a haymaker, artfully finding the gap between the duvet cover.

Fury won the pair’s fight at the Excel Arena last weekend after Chisora’s strategy of repeatedly walking into his fist proved less successful than he had anticipated.

Wayne Hayes, Chisora’s corner man said: “Tyson’s much bigger and better at boxing. Our game plan didn’t allow for him moving or extending his arms.

“But we always knew if we stayed patient, Tyson would make a mistake and he finally did when he curled up in bed.

“Fury had no answer. He just lay there snoring. Then he got lucky – he yawned, stretched and knocked Dereck out cold.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/chisora-finally-lands-right-hook-on-sleeping-fury-2014120393480
  • Options
    Both Eubanks on SSN. Chris Senior finishes the discussion virtually touting a re-match with Benn. They are 49 and 51 respectively for gawds sake!
  • Options

Both Eubanks on SSN. Chris Senior finishes the discussion virtually touting a re-match with Benn. They are 49 and 51 respectively for gawds sake!

When can I buy tickets?!
  • Options

I'd watch that.
  • Options
    Be better than a lot of rubbish boxing we get nowadays. Benn won their last fight - that Gladiator type thing when he went off on one and smashed Eubanks with his sword.
  • Options
    Nigel Benn did some sparing with Hatton and is in great shape, Eubanks still looks like he looks after himself. It's a crazy sport...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Eubank had a coke addiction the cocain trade would be out of stock and business in no time at all.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If Eubank had a coke addiction the cocain trade would be out of stock and business in no time at all.

maybe that is the solution to the worlds drug problems, just get Eubank on it!
  • Options
    The look on Eubank's face, its saying to Benn 'Have you farted?'.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

The look on Eubank's face, its saying to Benn 'Have you farted?'.

More like Benn you're going to fart in 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Carrying on the theme, Eubank, 'my farts are far superior to yours'.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Carrying on the theme, Eubank, 'my farts are far thoooperior to yours'.

Corrected
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Pedro45 said:

iaitch said:

Carrying on the theme, Eubank, 'my farts are far thoooperior to yourth'.

Half corrected
    If you're going to do something....
  • Options
    Amazing that a lot of people still think he's called "Eubanks"
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    iaitch said:

Carrying on the theme, Eubank, 'my farts are far superior to yours'.

Already done!
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

iaitch said:

Carrying on the theme, Eubank, 'my farths are far thoooperior to yourth'.

Half corrected
    If you're going to do something....
    Absolutely agree.