Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Whelan

Comments

• Options

@kentaddick Have you seen the picture that he re-tweeted and did you instantly take offence to it, or are you just jumping on the outrage bandwagon?

ahhh yes, "grab coins like a jew". It's just funny banter isn't! It's not a negative stereotype whilst the others are pretty neutral or even positive is it?

Just banter!

Are you Jewish?
    does it matter?
    No, I am just intrigued by the clear passion you show
  • Options
    Thing is Dave Whelen made remarks that reinforced a racial sterotype i.e Jewish prople are money grabbing and to many Jewish people that is offensive if he holds those views that's one thing but saying them publicly is another. He is the chairman of a football club if the CEO of any company made such a remark he would probably be fired. What you all miss here is it's NOTHING to do with Football regardless of the industry he shouldn't have said it.
  • Options

@kentaddick Have you seen the picture that he re-tweeted and did you instantly take offence to it, or are you just jumping on the outrage bandwagon?

ahhh yes, "grab coins like a jew". It's just funny banter isn't! It's not a negative stereotype whilst the others are pretty neutral or even positive is it?

Just banter!

Are you Jewish?
    does it matter?
    which should tell it's own story. I'm not particularly keen on posting my ethnic background... get the hint?
  • Options

Just banter!

Are you Jewish?
    does it matter?
    which should tell it's own story. I'm not particularly keen on posting my ethnic background... get the hint?
    Don't do hints I'm afraid.

Trouble is, something that offends one person will not offend the next.

Not going to start get involved in yet another 'ism' debate on here as it is just the same arguments regurgitated.
  • Options

Just banter!

Are you Jewish?
    does it matter?
    Don't worry @kentaddick‌ I get Jew.
  • Options
    That should kill the thread lol
  • Options

That should kill the thread lol

don't worry, greenie and greenie jnr will find us some firemen.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @CoveredEnd Why the flag?!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

As you said, "trouble is, something that offends one person will not offend the next."

You've already said in the same thread "he will be sweating like a Jew at a Cashpoint, Paedo in a playground".

You don't seem to appreciate you're being offensive, on a public forum, or do you ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014

As you said, "trouble is, something that offends one person will not offend the next."

You've already said in the same thread "he will be sweating like a Jew at a Cashpoint, Paedo in a playground".

You don't seem to appreciate you're being offensive, on a public forum, or do you ?
    To be honest it was more a dig at Dave Whelan.

But when is something a light-hearted comment / joke, and when is the same thing then offensive? How many people need to be offended for it to cross that line?

• Options

I'm pretty sure that Ballotelli isn't a racist. He retweeted something without really thinking about what it said and how it could be miscontrued. Silly yes, racist no.

I agree Mario's situation is a bit different. Balotelli has pretty much unequivocally apologized - explained that he understands why he was wrong and apologized. He's shown some remorse if you like.

Unless I've missed something, Whelan has apologized, but every time he's done it he's also basically said he doesn't understand what he's apologizing for, which immediately renders the apology null and void.

• Options
    some fecking weird logic on here. So only jews can be offended at a racial stero type of jewish people and "money grabbing" ????????
  • Options
    I have never told of laughed at a black or Jewish joke in my life. I never found Jimmy Jones or Jim Davidson remotely funny.
    Masicat. Always wrong.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I have never told of laughed at a black or Jewish joke in my life. I never found Jimmy Jones or Jim Davidson remotely funny.
    Masicat. Always wrong.

So when Joan Rivers(RIP) and Woody Allen tell Jewish jokes you don't think their funny ?

I do.

I'm laughing with them , not at them.

Maybe that's the difference.

• Options
    I've never laughed at a doctor doctor joke
  • Options
    Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman walked into a bar. They had a great night.
  • Options
    centurion said:

It's all a load of bollocks designed to keep us thinking of far more serious things - we had a laugh about this in the West Stand last weekend - we couldn't shout Solly because it might offend Japanese and Korean differentiation in l and r sounds (I lived and worked in both so maybe can say this), we couldn't slag off Morgan Fox for his crap performance coz that would be anti-welsh, we couldn't berate the linesman coz that would be anti-ginger, and the woman next to me from the Caribbean originally couldn't shout out 'Bikey, you're the best of the black players' because if someone was blind and black they wouldn't be able to understand it wasn't racist. It'd be a joke if it was funny, but it's not. What's the world coming to when I can't even slag off short Irish people who sit in rooms and write books, because I would be offensive to myself? It's just not fun anymore!

I've given (no pun intended) a good deal of thought to your post.
    And, mainly because I have nothing better to do, I have decided to take great offence at what you have written.
    I don't really know why I'm offended, so don't ask me.
    I will wait until my newspaper tells me why I should be offended and get back to you.
    In the meantime I'm really angry and upset and am considering compensation.
    Until something else toddles along to distract me.
    Like a milk bottle top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @DaveMehmet - and they were given a bottle of whiskey between the 3 of them, but the Irishman drank it all because his was at the bottom and he had to get rid of the rest to get down there - 80s sort of silly joke, but none of us took offence!
  • Options
    Dave Whelan banned from football-related activities for 6 weeks. Bit of a selection headache for Malky Mackay then!
  • Options
    Good. He made remarks, and repeated them, that were racist against Chinese people so f*ck him.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Dave Whelan banned from football-related activities for 6 weeks. Bit of a selection headache for Malky Mackay then!

How will he sanction the loan move for Andy Delort???

Some people will do anything to keep him from us!! ;)
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Does that mean he cant give Mackay any money for the transfer window
  • Options
    edited December 2014

MrLargo said:

Does that mean he cant give Mackay any money for the transfer window
    More importantly, does it mean he can't sign the forms for Delort's loan release?
  • Options
    How can you ban a man from a company he owns? Ridiculous. He's been gradually handing the club over to his son anyway.
  • Options
    Political correctness has gone insane.