Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Whelan

13»

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Dave Whelan banned from football-related activities for 6 weeks. Bit of a selection headache for Malky Mackay then!

Didn't he break his leg a while back? Not sure if he is fully fit.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Is he allowed to play FIFA?

FA Cup finals only.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I found it amusing that the authorities decreed "he's not A racist" just that he was racist on one or two occasions. Like racism is a black and white issue. Erm...
  • Options
    It made me laugh when they said although he isnt a racist, its against the rules to say racist comments so must be punished.
    So, when will we start seeing players punished for cheating and diving even though they are not cheats or divers!?
  • Options
    As much as I find Whelan cringeworthy I can see that he's not mentally all there anymore. He should have been given a tap by his family a couple if years ago and seen out his days on the golf course.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Are we (white Brits) the only race that you can't racially abuse?

I can't think of any insult that would seriously offend me!

Go on, try one, I'll just laugh it off. Get those chips off your shoulders the rest of you FFS.

ps Happy new year...... :smile:
  • Options
    Silly comments by Whelan, however if there were more people like him in football, football be much the better for it. In fact if if there were more people like him in the world , the world be much the better for it. We all say say silly things sometimes.
  • Options
    Resigned as Wigan chairman. His 23-year-old grandson, David Sharpe has taken over. It's not known whether David has played in a FA Cup Final.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dave-whelan-resigns-wigan-chairman-5263829
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Does this mean we will never hear the story of him breaking his leg again(I believe it happened in an FA Cup final)
  • Options
    A sad end to his dream.
    Loved their FA Cup win.
    Proper football man.
    Hope he enjoys a long and happy retirement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Proper football man' might be the most annoying of all the football cliches
  • Options

A sad end to his dream.
    Loved their FA Cup win.
    Proper football man.

Agreed... but most certainly the right time for him to step down. The club are in trouble, he's been increasingly exposed as out of touch and you might argue out of his depth in the game of today. How good a job his grandson will do still remains to be seen of course!
  • Options
    wow. 23 years old and with the Club in crisis. Good luck mate.
  • Options
    Stone said:

I can't think of any insult that would seriously offend me!

Go on, try one, I'll just laugh it off. Get those chips off your shoulders the rest of you FFS.

ps Happy new year...... :smile:

Palace mug.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

A sad end to his dream.
    Loved their FA Cup win.
    Proper football man.

Agreed... but most certainly the right time for him to step down. The club are in trouble, he's been increasingly exposed as out of touch and you might argue out of his depth in the game of today. How good a job his grandson will do still remains to be seen of course!
    I agree with both of these posts .. talking to some 'locals' in Wigan, they have great respect for him because he has done a lot for the town .. but also, the opinion was that after the cup final win, he lost a bit of touch with reality and over indulged his players. The rot really set in when Martinez went to Everton and Rosler fell out with too many players .. now they look destined for a long stretch in the third tier .. all in all quite a few sad chapters in the history of a decent little football club that grew too big too fast
  • Options
    is it just me who thinks having a 23 year old, pretty much running a football club is weird
  • Options

is it just me who thinks having a 23 year old, pretty much running a football club is weird

he'll probably just be a front man .. keep it in the family .. tax reasons ??? ((:>)
  • Options

Hmmm. I do believe Michael Glikstein was 23 when he succeeded his father (uncle?).
  • Options

Hmmm

. I do believe Michael Glikstein was 23 when he succeeded his father (uncle?)./blockquote

And look how well he did for us.
  • Options

I think if it was some random who was playing with daddy's money/had won loads of money and wanted to play football manager but he is coming in to replace his grandad as chairman and will have a lot of people around him to advise him including his grandfather and the guys trusted and employed by DW