Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Star Wars trailer.

Comments

• colthe3rd said:

Rizzo said:

colthe3rd said:

Actually that is a fair point about the originals. Fairly sure you can't get the original cinema versions anywhere.

Yeah, I have a boxed set with both the original and remastered versions and I think it says something along the lines of "last chance to buy in their original format".

What format?
    It's on DVD but I think it's referring to the original, theatre releases as opposed to the "Han shot Greedo first?!!" remastered special editions.

• Yeah I thought the original untouched versions were unavailable.
  • I loved Star Wars, I hope because JJ Abrams is on board that it's going to be good, but I wasn't blown away with the trailer.
  • WayneK said:

Why are there Stormtroopers and Tie Fighters in it? I thought the Empire was defeated.

Maybe its Red Division from a galaxy far far away
  • Rizzo said:

colthe3rd said:

Rizzo said:

colthe3rd said:

Actually that is a fair point about the originals. Fairly sure you can't get the original cinema versions anywhere.

Yeah, I have a boxed set with both the original and remastered versions and I think it says something along the lines of "last chance to buy in their original format".

What format?
    It's on DVD but I think it's referring to the original, theatre releases as opposed to the "Han shot Greedo first?!!" remastered special editions.

What does that mean?
  • In the original version Greedo threatens Han so Han shoots him, and Greedo fires a shot wide as he gets hit. In the special edition, Greedo shoots first. It doesn't make sense that he'd miss by a so much, but Lucas thought it made Han too much of a bad boy otherwise.
  • I still have a VHS copy of Star Wars taped off the television. Must be from around 1990 as at the beginning there is an advert for Arachnophobia coming soon.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

In the original version Greedo threatens Han so Han shoots him, and Greedo fires a shot wide as he gets hit. In the special edition, Greedo shoots first. It doesn't make sense that he'd miss by a so much, but Lucas thought it made Han too much of a bad boy otherwise.

In Lucas's Star Wars galaxy, every bad boy couldn't 'hit a barn door' - look at the storm troopers ffs, let alone a green alien who had long spindly fingers :)

The only thing worth editing, for consistency was the re-imaging of the Emperor hologram in ESB when talking to Vader. Otherwise, he was already onto some winners...
  • razil said:

it already looks a zillion times better than 1-3

some of the worst storytelling in cinema in the first 3 movies. Rule number 1 of filmmaking: make interesting characters and people will care. The only interesting characters in the prequel are qui gon and darth maul, both of whom get killed off in the phantom menace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y

pretty much agree with this, there's another one of ep 2 somewhere as well.
  • New Bond film out the same sort of time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jabba's reaction to the Disney purchase.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2rWbHIMQsQ#t=137
  • New Bond film out the same sort of time?

Yep. Next year is the biggest year of tent pole releases since 1989 or 1984. Albeit with sequels reboots and comic adaptations.

Avengers 2
    Star Wars 7
    Bond 24
    Jurassic Park 4
    Fast and Furious 7
    Terminator 5
    Hunger Games 4
    Taken 3
    Hot Tub 2
    Ted 2
    Ant-Man
    Mad Max reboot
    Fantastic Four reboot
    National Lampoon's Vacation reboot
    Entourage movie

Then there's Pixar's Inside Out leading the original properties. Along with Blackhat, the Hateful 8, Chappie, Tomorrowland, Ex Machina and Pixels, which all sound really good. Although Pixels has Adam Sandler in it.
  • I hope Disney plough all their budget into this. I will be highly disappointed if they muck this up!
  • New Terninator trailer. It looks so bad I didn't think it deserved a thread of its own. My god this is atrocious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN__WyMfEKw&sns=em
  • Star wars Christmas advert...work of genius....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaR2HHq-ltA
  • Tickets have been released today for the new Star Wars film which is out on December 17th

Odeon and Cineworld websites have already crashed as people try to buy tickets... Any luck from anyone so far?
  • I'm waiting for the Chinese fella who pops in my local to have it.

U WUN BUY DVD?!
  • Trying to get BFI IMAX tickets but it isn't working. It's not like they should be surprised by the level of interest. That said I'm seeing it on the 13th so can't complain!
  • Sponsored links:

• Here are the new teasers. Love the tie-fighters shot. And the cinematography on the Dameron/ Finn shot... this ain't a Lucas film, that's for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na6l1C8-Ti0

Can get it myself without relying on the local Mr Sung
    JiMMy 85 said:

Trying to get BFI IMAX tickets but it isn't working. It's not like they should be surprised by the level of interest. That said I'm seeing it on the 13th so can't complain!

Its a the BFI IMAX that am trying to get tickets myself
  • edited October 2015
    There is going to be the most monumental amount of Star Wars stuff on TV and in shops soon.
  • I have two tickets for cineworld.

Can get it myself without relying on the local Mr Sung
    JiMMy 85 said:

Trying to get BFI IMAX tickets but it isn't working. It's not like they should be surprised by the level of interest. That said I'm seeing it on the 13th so can't complain!

Its a the BFI IMAX that am trying to get tickets myself
    My mate went down to the IMAX and got the tickets there rather than online, apparently the queues were really long when he left
  • edited October 2015
    I'm not a big Star Wars fan at all. The trailer looks good and if anyone can revive the series after the last three dull films then J.J Abrahams can. I won't be joining the queues when it opens though .
  • At last! Something to look forward to in December.
  • So I'm going to guess Luke is the one saying he'll finish what Vader started.